stuck....ls980 thinks it is the d800

Search This thread

boxorandyos

Apr 26, 2013
southbridge, ma
www.boxorandyos.com
my ls980 thinks it is the d800 and I can't seem to flash it back to the ls980.

I flashed a custom ROM thru twrp and I got an error. I tried restoring the backup and the system partition would not mount. after poking around for quite some time I tried restoring the phone in download mode. apparently the computer thought it was the d800 and flashed the system for that phone. when it restarted I saw the at&t boot screen and when it started up it was not working correctly.
I put it back in download mode and tried flashing the phone again. the computer was sure it was the d800. then I tried flashing manually using the DLL intended to convert this and the tot file for the ls980. I get the error saying I can't convert from the d800 to the ls980.
I then tried flashing thru adb from both windows and linux. both say they cannot find the phone regardless how I try connecting.
since I flashed the factory files the phone will not start in recovery mode I have no clue why.

so now I have a phone that:
will not flash the ls980 tot file,
will not connect to adb,
and will not boot into recovery.

now what?

-boxorandyos
<sent from my nexus4>

Last edited:

agentfusion

Jun 27, 2009
Baltimore
wr3tch.com
OnePlus 9
Dang dude. Harsh. I almost ended up in this same situation after downloading files for the wrong device and noticed literally at the last second and was able to pull the plug, literally, and save my device.

I've been looking for ways to fix it in case it happens again and I don't catch it in time, so if I find the answer I'll let you know. There has to be a way to trick the computer into thinking it's a LS980 like it's supposed to be the same way it thought the phone was a d800.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

boxorandyos

Apr 26, 2013
southbridge, ma
www.boxorandyos.com
I was told that there was a DLL file that could be used when flashing it to trick it into thinking it's the ls980 but all I get is an error message I forget exactly what the message says but something to the extent that I don't have the right files for the phone that I have.

-boxorandyos
<sent from my nexus4>

vegito6

Jul 26, 2014
yo

I was told that there was a DLL file that could be used when flashing it to trick it into thinking it's the ls980 but all I get is an error message I forget exactly what the message says but something to the extent that I don't have the right files for the phone that I have.

-boxorandyos
<sent from my nexus4>

yo man have you tried using LGNPST, we're in the same boat, i'm waiting for my some downloads on firmwares to try, i'm using LS980 but it thinks it's a VS980 still working on figuring out from my end. i've also heard that the LG mobile support tools can be used to restore the firmware but you gotta do some funny hot swap lol

boxorandyos

Apr 26, 2013
southbridge, ma
www.boxorandyos.com
yo man have you tried using LGNPST, we're in the same boat, i'm waiting for my some downloads on firmwares to try, i'm using LS980 but it thinks it's a VS980 still working on figuring out from my end. i've also heard that the LG mobile support tools can be used to restore the firmware but you gotta do some funny hot swap lol

woops im a little slow here. what is LGNPST ? I solved the issue by manually editing the build.prop file and that tells the lg mobile support tool that it is a different phone. that was a whole different complicated story of its own but it worked.

sorry I didnt see your comment until now.

vegito6

Jul 26, 2014
def sounds like you used the wrong dll or just the stock lg dll which works with some phones, but others need their specific dll to match the tot and such to make a proper bootloader flash over i believe.