[ODIN][UCLB3] AT&T 2.3.6 Gingerbread with root and CWM recovery option - Infuse 4g

Search This thread

focjoc

Apr 9, 2012
Rixeyville
Thank You ??

Uploaded another Odin version with Entropy's Daily Driver with red CWM recovery. This is the April 5th test kernel that includes working MHL HDMI out. Updated the OP some to add this option. For those who know that they are going to want the ability to flash other roms, and would like to use Odin to get started, this is the way to go. One flash in Odin and you've got deodexed and zipaligned UCLB3, GB bootloaders, root, busybox, and CWM recovery.

First off, I would like to Thank you jscott30 for all your help and advice. Especially recomending the apps for use after rooting. I have sucsessfully rooted my phone using option #1 about a week ago. Now I can't put the thing down and its causing me to loose sleep, due to I keep messing with it and digging in as deep as I can without screwing anything up. ;)
So, with all that rambleing on out the way. I got a real beef here. I blame you and this forum for getting me addicted to somthing as useless as a phone :D Like I got nothing better to do. Rooting, ha, who would have thought? I believe I am advancing quick enough that I am ready to reflash with option #3 now. Lets just see where that takes me. Who knows, I might even grow up one day (Never will happen, 53 and still dont know what I want to be if I ever do grow up).
OK, So really all I wanted was to just be my smart ass self and say Thanks again and tell ya'll your ALL right. This stuff is addicting and fun.

tamelion1117

Oct 14, 2011
Nampa, ID
Worked really well. This has got to be the easiest way to root Ginger bread. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

droe411

Nov 11, 2010
Chicago
Anyone else having a wifi problem? I can only connect to the original network that I connect with first. Flashed this at home connected to my home wifi, now will not connect at work.

J

jscott30

Anyone else having a wifi problem? I can only connect to the original network that I connect with first. Flashed this at home connected to my home wifi, now will not connect at work.

Nope. I've had no problem connecting at home, work, or any other place with UCLB3. I'm connected at work right now, and was connected at home this morning.

droe411

Nov 11, 2010
Chicago
I don't know what the problem is then. When I flash this it only connects to the first wifi network I use. I flashed at home, wifi doesn't function at work. Flashed new at work, wifi doesn't work at home.

PoXFreak

Jan 2, 2011
Apex NC
Is anyone else having a problem with SMS notifications? I can't for the life of me get my favorite (or any other) notification sound to work. I even deleted the .ogg file it was using (Clouds), and now there is NO sound for notifications. Wiped cache, dalvik and tried voodoo on/off/on with no result.

Could it be that I uninstalled almost all of the ATT bloatware?

J

jscott30

I even deleted the .ogg file it was using (Clouds), and now there is NO sound for notifications.

The .ogg file is the audio file that plays when the notification is recieved. So, since you deleted the audio file, you are getting what would naturally follow: no sound.

Could it be that I uninstalled almost all of the ATT bloatware?

I'm running the same with Entropy's DD, and I've removed all of the AT&T stuff. Haven't had any notification issues, either.

Try a clean install after wiping and cleaning your phone, and see if that helps.

Last edited:

pj1000

Mar 10, 2007
Phoenix
Everything works great except when I try to take a video, I hit the button and immediately get "Camera Failed" error. I tried moving storage over to my card, but that didn't help. Also tried changing some settings with no luck. It's my wife's phone that I upgraded so it's on me to get it right. Nuff said. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

J

jscott30

Everything works great except when I try to take a video, I hit the button and immediately get "Camera Failed" error. I tried moving storage over to my card, but that didn't help. Also tried changing some settings with no luck. It's my wife's phone that I upgraded so it's on me to get it right. Nuff said. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Nothing is wrong with the camera in these packages. Wipe data and cache and try flashing again.

Last edited:

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA

As jscott30 has noted, this is all complete stock.
On a rare occasion, no matter what ROM you are using, if you get the camera failed, just reboot. That will take care of it. The only other issue that may have occurred is if you tried to load bedwa's Infusion Kernel or the Infusion GB kernel without the proper lib files. In those situations, the video recording will crash.

Reactions: Clark Joseph Kent

PoXFreak

Jan 2, 2011
Apex NC
The .ogg file is the audio file that plays when the notification is recieved. So, since you deleted the audio file, you are getting what would naturally follow: no sound.

I replaced the sound file and got the notification sound back, I just can't change it.

Try a clean install after wiping and cleaning your phone, and see if that helps.

Did that... twice.
Complete wipe of data, cache and dalvik, even took the entry out of build.prop for ro.notification, all to no avail. Even downloaded the package a second time, just to be sure.

I've been doing some rom cooking and compiling for awhile, albeit all on one platform (ATT Tilt/Kaiser port), and you would think I could crack this no problem, but I'm stuck.

BTW, that is the ONLY issue I've had. Everything works just like it should

J

jscott30

BTW, that is the ONLY issue I've had. Everything works just like it should

I haven't tried using custom notifications recently. In the past, though, I've been able to add them to /sdcard/media/audio/notifications, and they've worked. I'll mess around with that tonight, and see.

Edit: Just dropped a favorite notification tone (in .mp3 format) into /sdcard/media/audio/notifications, and it works for me.

Last edited:

PoXFreak

Jan 2, 2011
Apex NC
Thanks for the info... when I do get an opportunity I'll give that a shot. I have 2 "heaven" notifications showing, along with 2 "dear deer" and a few others. I'm beginning to wonder if during a media scan the phone is finding what's already on the SD and listing what it finds.

ppalbicke

Dec 14, 2010
Chicago
Just giving you a thanks jscott as a well put togther post. I decided to use it to get the bootloaders (I was too lazy before and just dealt with the rainbows), but figured I needed to do a fresh flash so it was a good time to get it done. Thanks.

DARKCHYLDX101

Jun 11, 2011
City of Sin

Try turning off (use wifi or mobile network to determine location) in settings under location and security. I had the same problem. It should work right away. I also updated camera firmware.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

SGarnett

Feb 4, 2008
Thanks for this package tried to flash Nun's new rom and got rainbows- thought I had GB bootloaders already.. This was a nice quick flash..

KevinAlbrecht

Dec 3, 2007
Seattle
Thanks for this thread. My work pushed down a no-root policy, and this thread took me back to stock easily!

Are there any custom ROMs that are:

1. Not rooted or
2. Not rooted in a way that a remove root app will not work?

I was on ZEUS 5.2 and that thing would not unroot. I am looking for a way to have root, but remove it when using the GOOD enterprise mail application.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good Job, bro.
    just wondered ... does enabling lagfix from recovery actually help with speed ... don't totally understand it, but I'm curious about it because voltage control only allows me to max out at 1200 (I was used to getting 1600 in other roms).

lagfix in recovery converts your file systems to ext4 from the default of rfs. ext4 can be faster, especially with some of the more popular tweaks applied.

You can get 1600 via a kernel that implements over clocking.. Check my sig for some options there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium
    No, lazy is guys like me that take all the hard work all you guys do and use it on our phones with barely any thinking required on our parts.
    Correct. This package uses the stock kernel. That being said is there any interest also in another version w/ Entropy's Daily Driver
    and CWM recovery in this format? I'll have to get Entropy's permission, but can do that also.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I was curious, mostly.

2 wks ago, I had put together a method to root the UCLB3 when we saw a spike in how to root this thing in the Q/A everyday. It consisted of a cwm-flashable that installed busybox and superuser, then deleted most ATT bloats. And then installed google talk video from the G-Nex.

To get to cwm, I had a Heimdall-1-click of Entropy's DD kernel. I suppose any GB insecure kernel would work too. Entropy's latest would be nice because it would also have HDMI and CWM recovery.
    After the kernel flash, you can boot into recovery and flash the cwm package.
    And then UCLB3 would be "rooted", busybox and SuperUser.apk. Plus some bonuses (Gtalk, Gvoice, Terminal Emulator and minus ATT bloats. :D It was painful but I left Facebook and a few others in place)

Once you started with the Tar for Odin, I made a Heimdall-1-click for this rooted ROM as well. What was odd was that I had corrected the vold.fstab for the external sdcard access, before copying over the factory.rfs.
    After the package was put together, the vold.fstab reverted back to mm2 instead of mm1 for the stock kernel.
    Odd...
    I didn't know if that happened to you or not.

Anyway, imo, I don't think you need to worry about another version with Entropy'd DD, I think most users should be able to use SGS-Kernel flasher to get to cwm.

About the deodex aspect, dman already made up a deodex version...I thought it was odd that others didn't use it. It may also be redundant too, but that's just my opinion.

I think the Odex apk do not make dalvik caches. Thereby, have a fast boot time and less chance of cache corruption. I've been using the odex rooted version with the stock kernel, and have noted an initial lag, but after leaving the phone alone for 20 minutes, it is pretty responsive and snappy.
    This stock rom is missing Lidroid's, Battery mod, and a few other things..but then, after you add those, lol..we are running vagabond, spartan, pharmnerd midagu's etc...

If anyone wants a heimdall 1 click... :)
    Mr. qkster, that anti-Odin talk has no place in this here Odin package thread ;)

And I've thought about making Odin packages with just the various custom kernels and CWM recovery. It would be easy to do, but that would be for another thread. This thread is for rooted UCLB3 packages, and for people who want to use Odin to get rooted UCLB3.

Honestly, more people need to learn how to use the Heimdall suite command line to flash kernels. If that's too hard (and it's not), we can point them to your Heimdall one-click packages (which you just did). :D

Yup, I hear you. Odin and Heimdall drivers use tend to confuse the beginners. I seen a few panicked when they switch method and ball when the device is no longer recognized when they use the same USB port.

But hey, we are all about spoon feeding right? :)

Sent from USA