[SOLVED] [Q] Possible Soft Bricked Note

Search This thread
Sep 3, 2013
Hello all, I am looking for a little advice. I'll give as much backstory as possible:

I used the cyanogenmod one click installer, everything went well. Since the one click installer put twrp on I went and put clockworkmod on since im more familure with it. Everything fine restarted and phone worked however after I installed (attempted to install facebook messeger) the device rebooted and would not come back on. Sat for 5 mins vibrating over and over and over. Its not completely dead I am able to get to recovery and to download mode and believe I just had a bad download/install. Since i have Clockworkmod on here, I am thinking I could just install the most up to date stable rom available but I have a question:

How do I put the rom zip files on phone if phone wont come on.

Any advice towards this would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Agoattamer

Jan 25, 2010
PA
First off, where did you find a cyanogenmod one click installer? Possibly that was not meant for the I717.

Don't you have an external micro sd card? Place the card in your computer and copy the ROM zip to it. Put it back in your phone and use it to flash.

Sep 3, 2013
First off, where did you find a cyanogenmod one click installer? Possibly that was not meant for the I717.

Don't you have an external micro sd card? Place the card in your computer and copy the ROM zip to it. Put it back in your phone and use it to flash.

Sure thank you for the reply, from beta . download . cyanogenmod . org /install apparently it detects your phones version and does everything for you really, no option to pick your model/version # it auto detects. sorry for spaces it wouldnt let me post link complete.

And I did not know I could put the zips on external SD I had though only internal SD is option for where to put roms

Last edited:

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
Sure thank you for the reply, from beta . download . cyanogenmod . org /install apparently it detects your phones version and does everything for you really, no option to pick your model/version # it auto detects. sorry for spaces it wouldnt let me post link complete.

And I did not know I could put the zips on external SD I had though only internal SD is option for where to put roms

Can put anything there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: GregariousKrisp

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
I just wanted to say thank you for your replies, everything is up and running.

Thanks for reporting back that everything is up and running. Not many people do. Can you do me one more favor? Can you change the title to include [solved] please. This way people with similar problems will know this thread may solve their situation.

Thanks

Reactions: GregariousKrisp
Sep 3, 2013
Thanks for reporting back that everything is up and running. Not many people do. Can you do me one more favor? Can you change the title to include [solved] please. This way people with similar problems will know this thread may solve their situation.

Thanks

Sure, I'm not sure why no one comes back if people take the time to reply and help them, a thank you is the least they could do.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Can put anything there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using xda app-developers app

Thanks