[Q] Getting boot loops no matter what rom

Search This thread

EXDetonator

Jan 18, 2014
Hey guys,

I have the latest twrp sprint build installed on my Sprint HTC One (m7wls). It seems that no matter what rom I install, after sliding up the lock and unlocking the screen, I get a white HTC splash screen. The phone then proceeds to boot loop. I can access my recovery perfectly fine. This has happened with Android revolution, viper rom, nocturnal google edition, beanstalk 4.4 ge. etc. If it's a GE rom, then the phone will go maybe 1 or 2 steps into set up and then boot loop. If it's a sense rom, I get the same result for each one: i swipe up to unlock, get a white splash screen, and bootloop. I've tried wiping every cache, reflashing several times, and sideloading. I'm really lost guys, I don't know why my phone hates me. Any ideas on what's wrong?

Thanks

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
Hey guys,

I have the latest twrp sprint build installed on my Sprint HTC One (m7wls). It seems that no matter what rom I install, after sliding up the lock and unlocking the screen, I get a white HTC splash screen. The phone then proceeds to boot loop. I can access my recovery perfectly fine. This has happened with Android revolution, viper rom, nocturnal google edition, beanstalk 4.4 ge. etc. If it's a GE rom, then the phone will go maybe 1 or 2 steps into set up and then boot loop. If it's a sense rom, I get the same result for each one: i swipe up to unlock, get a white splash screen, and bootloop. I've tried wiping every cache, reflashing several times, and sideloading. I'm really lost guys, I don't know why my phone hates me. Any ideas on what's wrong?

Thanks
Sounds like you installed the GSM version of ViperOne or ARHD(meaning not the version that still has Sprint support).
You will need to RUU to fix it

Reactions: EXDetonator

EXDetonator

Jan 18, 2014
Sounds like you installed the GSM version of ViperOne or ARHD(meaning not the version that still has Sprint support).

Dang alright thanks, I'm downloading the RUU executable now. So all I do is relock the bootloader, and then run the RUU in fastboot? I hope this works, I need a working phone.

EXDetonator

Jan 18, 2014
I'm getting an error when trying to run the RUU. It's saying it can't connect to the device. Attached is a picture of the message. Any insights anybody?

Attachments

• xda.png
    xda.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 19

EXDetonator

Jan 18, 2014
Try a different usb port USB2 work best

I've tried another usb port, no dice. I tried the "fastboot devices" command line under both ports, and the device shows up so idk why the RUU utility won't work. I may try manually flashing the firmware via fastboot command.

*edit* I managed to manually flash the firmware package via fastboot, but the phone refuses to boot into even stock android. It's going straight to hboot each time, where it say i has os- 3.05. What's going on? I already relocked.

**edit 2** I've managed to RUU! Now time to reflash recovery and try another rom. Any recommendations?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

Thanks
    Dang alright thanks, I'm downloading the RUU executable now. So all I do is relock the bootloader, and then run the RUU in fastboot? I hope this works, I need a working phone.
    Yup re-lock and run from fastboot
    I'm getting an error when trying to run the RUU. It's saying it can't connect to the device. Attached is a picture of the message. Any insights anybody?
    Try a different usb port USB2 work best