Note 8.0 with the PS3 Gamepad

Search This thread

EricNigma

Aug 10, 2010
Hello guys,

I can't get my PS3 Gamepad to work fully with my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 3G Version. I have an OTG cable and a standart USB cable. The tablet is recognizing the OTG cable, but when I connect the controller and hit the PS button just the digital navigation buttons are working. I can hit X O square and what ever I want, no button is working.

The device is not rooted and it's running on the latest OTA update.

Greetings

Eric

Eodmule

Feb 20, 2011
I'm not using a wired controller. You can use a wireless controller with the Sixaxis app on the play store though. That's what working for me right now.

intelliriffer

Sep 7, 2012
New Delhi
Hello guys,

I can't get my PS3 Gamepad to work fully with my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 3G Version. I have an OTG cable and a standart USB cable. The tablet is recognizing the OTG cable, but when I connect the controller and hit the PS button just the digital navigation buttons are working. I can hit X O square and what ever I want, no button is working.

The device is not rooted and it's running on the latest OTA update.

Greetings

Eric
Note 8 might not be supporting game controllers natively fully by itself, It did not work with my 360 wired controller either , however using an app from play store made it work (no root required).
try the USB/BT joystick center app demo from play store and see if that it works for you.