Redemption Q&A

Search This thread

Galaen

Jan 28, 2009
Lufkin, Texas
Has anyone else noticed that the camera splices pictures? Initially the shot looks good when viewing in a picture viewer, but after a second or so it seems to blink and the scene adjusts and it is cut off usually in the top left corner. It does this no matter what camera app I use. Is there a fix somehow to this? Other than that this ROM works flawlessly for me!

Joe mentioned that he accidentally left in the wrong camera when he compiled the rom, and he would fix it in the next version. Maybe that has something to do with it? We just have to keep an eye on the thread for his (hopefully) eventual return.

t4duzan

Jan 16, 2011
Big D
Gmail App

I've got a question that I'm pretty sure is not Red ROM related, but if I don't ask, I'll never know. Has anyone else had problems with the Gmail App? It's become virtually useless. By that I mean, when I get a notification and either open it that way or directly through the application, it will lock up about 80% of the time. I've uninstall and reinstalled it, but no luck. I haven't found any reviews on Google Play that addresses it. Maybe someone on this site has suggestion? TIA...

Bluecham

I notice that as well. 100% of the time, I need to close it and open again for it to work. Then when I open an email, it remains on a blank white page until I close and open again...

I also have issues with facebook freezing when I open it.

GPS is able to fix on me, but does not lock when I am moving- making my endomondo pro app and sportypal apps useless, as well as maps and navigation. I tried several of the gps settings in the rom and installed the agps fix found on this forum to no avail.

It may not be the ROM, as I had these issues sporatically for the past few I installed, just seems more pronounced.

Chevyguy85

Nov 15, 2011
Orlando
I've got a question that I'm pretty sure is not Red ROM related, but if I don't ask, I'll never know. Has anyone else had problems with the Gmail App? It's become virtually useless. By that I mean, when I get a notification and either open it that way or directly through the application, it will lock up about 80% of the time. I've uninstall and reinstalled it, but no luck. I haven't found any reviews on Google Play that addresses it. Maybe someone on this site has suggestion? TIA...

I notice that as well. 100% of the time, I need to close it and open again for it to work. Then when I open an email, it remains on a blank white page until I close and open again...

I also have issues with facebook freezing when I open it.

GPS is able to fix on me, but does not lock when I am moving- making my endomondo pro app and sportypal apps useless, as well as maps and navigation. I tried several of the gps settings in the rom and installed the agps fix found on this forum to no avail.

It may not be the ROM, as I had these issues sporatically for the past few I installed, just seems more pronounced.

gmail worked perfectly fine for me on Red. Only time I had a problem with anything was when I changed the DPI. Other than the problems stated in the op Red ran fine for me.

Jan 19, 2012
ky
lost the rom in recovery

this probably isnt in the right question thread but its close enough i think. i was running ascension v2.0 and had a problem with sd card unmounting, so i tried to switch roms. with a clean wipe, the uclf modem thing first, then the AOSPxXx JB v2.1B2 and phone locked up in recovery. now i can get to bootloader screen and recovery screen but it wont read my sd card. it says it wont mount, and says my rom is "unknown". so i have a phone with no rom on it to read my sd card i believe... is there a fix? any advice would be certianly appreciated. thank you
will

t4duzan

Jan 16, 2011
Big D
this probably isnt in the right question thread but its close enough i think. i was running ascension v2.0 and had a problem with sd card unmounting, so i tried to switch roms. with a clean wipe, the uclf modem thing first, then the AOSPxXx JB v2.1B2 and phone locked up in recovery. now i can get to bootloader screen and recovery screen but it wont read my sd card. it says it wont mount, and says my rom is "unknown". so i have a phone with no rom on it to read my sd card i believe... is there a fix? any advice would be certianly appreciated. thank you
will

I've never heard of this happening with a ROM before, so it makes me think that maybe something is wrong with your SD card. I would copy all information on a PC and reformat your card. See if that might help.

Jan 19, 2012
ky
I've never heard of this happening with a ROM before, so it makes me think that maybe something is wrong with your SD card. I would copy all information on a PC and reformat your card. See if that might help.

ive tried different sd cards. it wont read any card. it acts like it doesnt have a program, or rom to read it. thanks for answering

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, just an update on the wayward dev. Joe is working 80 hrs a week right now and has been too busy for much other than work and sleep. He hasn't forgotten about you guys and will be back as soon as he can.