[Q] How to Flashing the MJ9 OTA Firmware

Search This thread

brenthasty

Apr 7, 2013
Question 1: You are correct.
Question 2: Download, then extract with 7zip. Put phone into download mode. Open Odin on computer and connect the phone. Place extracted md5 into the pda slot and hit start. It'll do it's thing and your phone will reboot and be done.
Question 3: Yes as long as don't take the OTA update from Samsung you will able load roms as usual

this sounds most excellent, would anyone happen to have the links to complete step 2:
download the proper odin for the i605?
download the proper mj9 flash to 7zip?

Im starting day 3 on this and have had to wade through alot of dead ends...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Question 1: You are correct.
    Question 2: Download, then extract with 7zip. Put phone into download mode. Open Odin on computer and connect the phone. Place extracted md5 into the pda slot and hit start. It'll do it's thing and your phone will reboot and be done.
    Question 3: Yes as long as don't take the OTA update from Samsung you will able load roms as usual
    Hi, i just bought my note 2 and ive already unlocked it and rooted it, i want to use a ROM that has 4.3 Jelly Bean like the N3BULA ROM, it says flash the MJ9 OTA Firmware using Odin. But on the forums there is a forum called "Once you're unlocked don't use odin to flash custom ROMs"

1. I should be able to flash the MJ9 using odin safely right because its not a custom rom right?

2. How do i flash the MJ9 update using odin?

3. Once i flash the MJ9 update can i still use non 4.3 ROM?
    Can anyone give me the download link for MJ9 OTA Firmware by Beans?
    Thanks

Here's a link where you can grab the MJ9 firmware provided by Beanstown106... ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2578458 ). Look down on the first post of the thread for the link to "Full Firmware Package" that you need to flash in Odin...that will bring you to the Android file host where you can download Beanstown106's file-- "toltevzw_mj9_official_firmware.tar.md5.7z."

Also, here's a link to a post with more detailed instructions on how to Odin flash it after you download and unzip the file... ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50047714&highlight=unzip#post50047714 ).

Please make sure to do a thanks to BeansTown106 for the firmware file and to sithjedi333 for the helpful instructions. :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app