Install Verizon ROMs on Sprint S5! [Guide]

Search This thread

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com
Did you know you can install Verizon S5 ROMs on Sprint S5? (This is for TouchWiz ROMs)

This should work for most Verizon S5 ROMs on Sprint S5. (Also works for S4, S3, and Note 3)

First, make sure you have a bootloader that supports the correct Android version. (e.g. installing 4.4.4 Verizon S5 ROM may require you to have Sprint 4.4.4 bootloader on your Sprint S5, otherwise may not boot.)
Currently I have tested 4.4.2 Verizon Roms on Sprint S5 with 4.4.2 bootloader but haven't tested Verizon 4.4.4 ROMs, will update when I do.

Second, install the Verizon S5 ROM normally with factory reset. It should install fine.

Third, Once booted, set the APN to Sprint 4G LTE as shown here:
http://highonandroid.com/sprint-4g-lte-apn/

Fourth, that will get everything working except MMS sending. To fix MMS sending, just use 8SMS app from Play Store and enable 8SMS as default SMS messaging app.

Having trouble?

See my video tutorial:

ScottBroker

Jul 12, 2011
What's the best Verizon rom?

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Goat1378

Nov 14, 2013
Baltimore
This is a really cool find for those flash-a-holics that have beat all the roms for their devices to death and needed more options. Thumbs up my man!!! :)

maldohector24

Mar 18, 2013
Thanks for this tutorial. I tried it and right now I have a fully functional Verizon rom on my g900p.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

dgr581

Feb 16, 2011
Which Verizon rom did you try? Just curious

Sent from my SM-G900P using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

maldohector24

Mar 18, 2013
@jrkruse Stock Dark Deodex Phone, mms, 4.4.2

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1412552017237.jpg
    1412552017237.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,142

ScottBroker

Jul 12, 2011
Any way of running 4.4.4 tw roms?

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fsunoles101

I have a sprint variant note 3. So far this method has worked for all variants of the note 3 for me. I have flashed Verizon, Tmobile, AT&T Note 3 roms and the apn settings change works on all. On some roms i have found that the apn settings change will not stick. To get mms to send and receive text and pictures on those that do, all you have to do is pull the mms apk from your carriers stock rom and replace the mms apk of whatever said rom you have flashed with it.

yotie

Apr 13, 2011
so CAL
Nfl

Does flashing the Verizon rom allow the NFL app that's exclusively for Verizon subscribers to work??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you know you can install Verizon S5 ROMs on Sprint S5? (This is for TouchWiz ROMs)

This should work for most Verizon S5 ROMs on Sprint S5. (Also works for S4, S3, and Note 3)

First, make sure you have a bootloader that supports the correct Android version. (e.g. installing 4.4.4 Verizon S5 ROM may require you to have Sprint 4.4.4 bootloader on your Sprint S5, otherwise may not boot.)
    Currently I have tested 4.4.2 Verizon Roms on Sprint S5 with 4.4.2 bootloader but haven't tested Verizon 4.4.4 ROMs, will update when I do.

Second, install the Verizon S5 ROM normally with factory reset. It should install fine.

Third, Once booted, set the APN to Sprint 4G LTE as shown here:
    http://highonandroid.com/sprint-4g-lte-apn/

Fourth, that will get everything working except MMS sending. To fix MMS sending, just use 8SMS app from Play Store and enable 8SMS as default SMS messaging app.

Having trouble?

See my video tutorial:
    That is like asking what is the best car. Go drive them and decide for yourself.
    very nice i might be able to get stock mms app to send
    I have a sprint variant note 3. So far this method has worked for all variants of the note 3 for me. I have flashed Verizon, Tmobile, AT&T Note 3 roms and the apn settings change works on all. On some roms i have found that the apn settings change will not stick. To get mms to send and receive text and pictures on those that do, all you have to do is pull the mms apk from your carriers stock rom and replace the mms apk of whatever said rom you have flashed with it.
    That I can kinda see. But all these ROMs adapt pretty much the same features. Only noticeable differences are between TW and CM11 ROMs. Verizon doesn't even have WIFI calling yet so switching to a Verizon ROM is sorta shorting ones self if that's a feature that one uses. It does come in handy though in certain situations where you can only get wifi and need to urgently make a call.

That's true but if your a flashaholic like me and enjoy trying different roms by different devs then this is pretty nice to have..or if you have a favorite dev who switched carriers then the one you have it gives you the opportunity to run their roms again

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app