[APP][1.6+] Link2SD

Search This thread

Kierrok

Feb 16, 2011
It changes from rw to ro.

Yes it does. The file system must be dirty. There is somewhere in this thread a post that show how to clean it but I can't find it.

If you are willing to repartition use ext2 if your device supports it. ext4 benefits aren't used in Link2SD operations (write once read many) and the disadvantages are many.

bsoplinger

Jan 17, 2011
2Gb is more than enough.

miazza

Somewhat depends. On my HTC Evo View 4G tablet I currently have almost 5G of apps and almost that much on my Transformer tablet. But for a phone 512k would double the storage almost any but the newest phones so 2G should be a good amount as a general guideline.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

OttoDeFe

Feb 9, 2011
I got it to work... I (kinda foolishly) booted into recovery, formatted the sd-ext twice and rebooted. I went into the folder with root explorer and was able to set it as rw, deleted the folders and files that were there. Moved and app, rebooted, checked again and all was working.

##edit##

It every once in a while will flip to RO again while restoring apps from TB, but a reboot fixes it.

Last edited:

inzikmafia

Jan 8, 2012
[Q]:about Galaxy Wonder having problem with Link2SD

Link2SD is the BEST app ever!!! :)

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Wonder (GT-I8150)

What i already know: i know how to use Link2SD with my OLD Galaxy Mini!
1. partition SD with 2 primary parts 1 FAT32 and 2nd Ext2 for extension!
2. plug into unit and install Link2SD and it will automatically read the 1st partition as SD Card and the 2nd Partition as SD Card 2nd Part.

now i bought a new phone Samsung Galaxy Wonder WHICH HAS A BUILT IN 1.70GB USB Storage.. (THIS IS MY PROBLEM using Link2SD)

now my problem is how do i fix this...
i partitioned my 16GB SD Cards into 1st Partition 30GB(fat32) and 2nd Partition 2GB(ext2)

BUT WHEN I PLUG IT IN Galaxy Wonder and RUN LINK2SD, Link2SD Reads the 1.7GB built-in phone USB Storage as the SD Card and 2nd partition 2GB(ext2) from the actual SD Card as it should be...

instead of reading the 1st partition of the actual SD card which is 30GB AS THE SD CARD!! hayyyy help....

Reason i need to fix this..
When i install HD games into my Galaxy Wonder WHICH NEEDS a 450MB "PATCH" (Ex. GTAIII 10th Anniversary) it automatically goes into the 1st partition SD CARD... so i need Link2SD to read the 14GB from my SD Card to be the actual SD Card read instead of the Built-in 1.7GB USB Storage of the phone..

coz when i LINK programs it only transfers the apk, dex (dalvik-cache) and lib into the 2nd Partition.. but the "450MB Patch will stay on the 1st partition...

So How do i MAKE LINK2SD read my 30GB 1st partition from the SD Card "AS THE SD CARD" and not the 1.7GB built-in USB Stroage of the Phone

Thank you very much and God bless!!!

PS.
may i make an upgrade suggestion??
is it possible to make an OPTION to choose which storage will the Link2SD recognize as the 1st partition??
coz my phone has 3 types of storage...
1. 1GB internal memory
2. 1.7GB Built in USB Storage
3. 30GB 1st & 2GB 2nd partition of my 32 GB SD CARD

so my phone selects the "1.7GB Built in USB Storage" as the default SD CARD and the 2nd partiton of my SD Card as the 2nd Partition..

sir Bakpinar is it possible can we make an option that the Link2SD program ask the user which will it recognize as 1st partition?

coz if i set the Link2SD the default installation path to "External" in Galaxy Wonder, it goes into the 1.7GB Build in USB Storage and not in the 1st partition of the SD Card...

Another suggestion if it is possible sir can we not only Link the "apk, dex (dalvik-cache) and lib" files of an application but also the "PATCH" Files that are being downloaded for some HD Games or programs? Example. "GTA3 10th Anniversary"?? it would really be a complete SUPER AWSOME app of all time if there 2 suggestion would be granted ^_^

Last edited:
Reactions: d12unk13astard

mobilis2009

Jun 27, 2009
Agree !

Hey buddy... I knew data2sd way back galaxy spica.... And a friend of mine used to make one... he's ungaze and I know many from lg Optimus one p500 is familiar with him....

Moving forward, im just requesting the dev of link2sd if it's possible to add the feature of binding the sd card partition with the internal storage and not asking for a recommendation.

Link2sd is so far the easiest app to use... And has the option for Fat16/32 which some Android phones do not have Ext support....

Agree with you man this should be a must to have, recently I installed Copilotlive and it took 14MB of /data/data internal storage - no sense.
The great idea will be able to select witch apps should be linked to SD or not.

Many thanks bakpinar for this awesome apps do you think that the suggestion above is realistic? :)

azcv

Feb 14, 2011
Sofia
Agree with you man this should be a must to have, recently I installed Copilotlive and it took 14MB of /data/data internal storage - no sense.
The great idea will be able to select witch apps should be linked to SD or not.

Many thanks bakpinar for this awesome apps do you think that the suggestion above is realistic? :)

Move Copilot's data with root explorer.This is the only solution for now.

youngsta2010

Dec 10, 2011
Tamworth
I'm having a slight problem with this app, basically I have DT a2sd built into my ROM but I wanted control over which apps went to sd-ext so I deleted the a2sd script from init.d, rebooted then went to install this from the market but it wouldn't install, it would download but when it went to install the phone would soft reboot. When it had booted link2sd wasn't installed but all my apps were borked, so I restored nandroid then tried to install it without removing the a2sd script and it installed fine and has been working great the only problem is I'm getting the mount warning on every hard reboot and I have to soft reboot after. Does anyone know what the problem is could it be the a2sd script? Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: It seems that the link2sd script disappeared from init.d, recreating the mount script fixed it for now. If there is a problem in having both scripts can someone let me know? Cheers.

Last edited:

Kierrok

Feb 16, 2011
I'm having a slight problem with this app, basically I have DT a2sd built into my ROM but I wanted control over which apps went to sd-ext so I deleted the a2sd script from init.d, rebooted then went to install this from the market but it wouldn't install, it would download but when it went to install the phone would soft reboot. When it had booted link2sd wasn't installed but all my apps were borked, so I restored nandroid then tried to install it without removing the a2sd script and it installed fine and has been working great the only problem is I'm getting the mount warning on every hard reboot and I have to soft reboot after. Does anyone know what the problem is could it be the a2sd script? Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: It seems that the link2sd script disappeared from init.d, recreating the mount script fixed it for now. If there is a problem in having both scripts can someone let me know? Cheers.

You can't have both scripts. All your apps and dalvik-cache already are in the SD card because of a2sd. You have to move them back to internal memory and then you can do what you want with Link2SD.

youngsta2010

Dec 10, 2011
Tamworth
You can't have both scripts. All your apps and dalvik-cache already are in the SD card because of a2sd. You have to move them back to internal memory and then you can do what you want with Link2SD.

You have to tell it to move them it doesn't do it on it's own. I also moved them back first and like I said link2sd is working fine it was just the mount warning but recreating the mount script seems to have fixed that. Can you explain why deleting the a2sd script (04dtapp) from init.d link2sd would reboot the phone on install and mess up my apps?

Kierrok

Feb 16, 2011
You have to tell it to move them it doesn't do it on it's own. I also moved them back first and like I said link2sd is working fine it was just the mount warning but recreating the mount script seems to have fixed that. Can you explain why deleting the a2sd script (04dtapp) from init.d link2sd would reboot the phone on install and mess up my apps?

I don't know why it reboots, but it messes the apps because, like I said before, they are all in the SD card and when you delete the script the phone can't find the apps anymore.

Read this post to see how to move all the stuff back to internal memory. You will need a terminal emulator or adb shell.

youngsta2010

Dec 10, 2011
Tamworth
I don't know why it reboots, but it messes the apps because, like I said before, they are all in the SD card and when you delete the script the phone can't find the apps anymore.

Read this post to see how to move all the stuff back to internal memory. You will need a terminal emulator or adb shell.

I already did that, they were not on the SD card! I said I moved them back first!

azcv

Feb 14, 2011
Sofia
Where can you move it to? And what else must you do so that CoPilot will see the moved data?

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

With root explorer(latest version) move the folder /data/data/com.alk.copilot to a newly created folder in /data/sdext2(your second partition).For example/data/sdext2/moved.Then long tap on com.alk.copilot folder and from the popup menu select "link to this folder".Then go back to /data/data and press create link.Thats all.When you update copilot you dont have to do anything.When you want to uninstal copilot first delete the symlink from /data/data and then the folder from /data/sdext2.Finaly you can uninstall copilot normaly.

azcv

Feb 14, 2011
Sofia
will it delete the content of my sdcard when i make a partition?

It depends of the way you will create the patrtition.
If you resize your fat parition first and then create the new one on the non-allocated space the content of your sd card will remain.
But if you delete the partition and then create new two partitions everything will be deleted.
Sometimes it is not possible to resize the fat partition.

bakpinar

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 2, 2010
Istanbul
Link2SD is the BEST app ever!!! :)

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Wonder (GT-I8150)

What i already know: i know how to use Link2SD with my OLD Galaxy Mini!
1. partition SD with 2 primary parts 1 FAT32 and 2nd Ext2 for extension!
2. plug into unit and install Link2SD and it will automatically read the 1st partition as SD Card and the 2nd Partition as SD Card 2nd Part.

now i bought a new phone Samsung Galaxy Wonder WHICH HAS A BUILT IN 1.70GB USB Storage.. (THIS IS MY PROBLEM using Link2SD)

now my problem is how do i fix this...
i partitioned my 16GB SD Cards into 1st Partition 30GB(fat32) and 2nd Partition 2GB(ext2)

BUT WHEN I PLUG IT IN Galaxy Wonder and RUN LINK2SD, Link2SD Reads the 1.7GB built-in phone USB Storage as the SD Card and 2nd partition 2GB(ext2) from the actual SD Card as it should be...

instead of reading the 1st partition of the actual SD card which is 30GB AS THE SD CARD!! hayyyy help....

Reason i need to fix this..
When i install HD games into my Galaxy Wonder WHICH NEEDS a 450MB "PATCH" (Ex. GTAIII 10th Anniversary) it automatically goes into the 1st partition SD CARD... so i need Link2SD to read the 14GB from my SD Card to be the actual SD Card read instead of the Built-in 1.7GB USB Storage of the phone..

coz when i LINK programs it only transfers the apk, dex (dalvik-cache) and lib into the 2nd Partition.. but the "450MB Patch will stay on the 1st partition...

So How do i MAKE LINK2SD read my 30GB 1st partition from the SD Card "AS THE SD CARD" and not the 1.7GB built-in USB Stroage of the Phone

Thank you very much and God bless!!!

PS.
may i make an upgrade suggestion??
is it possible to make an OPTION to choose which storage will the Link2SD recognize as the 1st partition??
coz my phone has 3 types of storage...
1. 1GB internal memory
2. 1.7GB Built in USB Storage
3. 30GB 1st & 2GB 2nd partition of my 32 GB SD CARD

so my phone selects the "1.7GB Built in USB Storage" as the default SD CARD and the 2nd partiton of my SD Card as the 2nd Partition..

sir Bakpinar is it possible can we make an option that the Link2SD program ask the user which will it recognize as 1st partition?

coz if i set the Link2SD the default installation path to "External" in Galaxy Wonder, it goes into the 1.7GB Build in USB Storage and not in the 1st partition of the SD Card...

Another suggestion if it is possible sir can we not only Link the "apk, dex (dalvik-cache) and lib" files of an application but also the "PATCH" Files that are being downloaded for some HD Games or programs? Example. "GTA3 10th Anniversary"?? it would really be a complete SUPER AWSOME app of all time if there 2 suggestion would be granted ^_^

Can you post the output of the following commands

mount
cat /proc/partitions
cat /sys/block/mmcblk0/device/type
cat /sys/block/mmcblk1/device/type
cat /sys/block/mmcblk2/device/type
cat /sys/block/mmcblk3/device/type

youngsta2010

Dec 10, 2011
Tamworth
Sorry. My diagonal reading sometimes fails. :eek:

Did you reboot after moving everything back? AFAIK the a2sd script at boot time moves everything to SD if it finds the stuff in internal memory.

I did yes, I checked /system/sd, which is the sd-ext on my phone, after and it was empty so I then deleted the dta2sd script, rebooted and attempted to install link2sd. The thing is it's working fine all the apps I've moved are in /system/sd and the ones I haven't moved are in /data/app. Thanks for the help anyway I'm just going to leave it as is for now.

ArmorD

Sep 29, 2011
Helsinki
I've been using this app for couple of weeks now, and I really like the concept. I don't have to install apps to SD anymore(obviously I mean 'the pain in @ss' method).

Yet I have one problem. I found some serious lagging and unresposivness, and I though that is it this app's fault. I'm addicted to apps, and I almost have 1GB partition full :p

Would really appreciate if someone could help me :)

khankll

Dec 17, 2010
just few questions,, have ideos u8150,, and 4gb generic card of class 6,, its write speeds are 7mb/sec and read at 18mb.sec,,
i have 2.3 gb fat32 and rest as ext3 second part,,

npow my question is what should be the format of seconda partition,, my cell only supports ext2 and ext3 , i tried ext4 but was not working,,
so now i m using ext3 and heard thast due to the jpournaling nature of ext3 its noyt good for the longivety of sd cards?
whats the real issue with it?

and secondaly do i need APP2SD ( not apps2sd) with this app?
and how to interpret app2sd when this is installed?

what the softwares in various tabs then mean after using link2sd?
i m talking of the tabs 'on phone' , 'on sd card' 'phone only'?
i m talking of this app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.infolife.app2sd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In recovery mode connect to pc on adb shell

pm enable /system/priv-app/FusedLocation/FusedLocation.apk
    Or
    pm enable FusedLocation

Reboot
    Unfortunately, pm isn't available in TWRP.

Turns out, apps can be unfrozen by editing the /data/system/users/0/package-restrictions.xml file.

Alternatively, there's als a convenient install file that will unfreeze ALL deactivated apps automatically (tried it and worked like a charm):
    Link2SD is an application manager that makes it easy for Android 2.0+ users on their phone to move applications to the SD card. It enables you to manage your apps and storage easily.

Features:

- Link apk, dex and lib files of apps to SD card
    - Link internal data of apps to SD card (Plus)
    - Link external data and obb folders of apps and games to SD card (Plus)
    - Link dex files of the system apps to SD card (Plus)
    - Auto clear cache service (Plus)
    - Automatically link newly installed apps
    - Move any user apps to SD even though the app does not support moving to SD ("force move")
    - Shows the apps that support moving to SD with native apps2sd
    - Set the default install location of the apps; auto, internal, or external
    - Batch link, unlink, reinstall, uninstall, "move to SD", "move to phone" functions
    - Notify when movable apps installed
    - Uninstall system applications (bloatware removal)
    - Freeze and un-freeze system and users applications
    - Convert system apps into user apps
    - Convert user apps into system apps
    - Integrate "Updated" system apps into system (ROM)
    - Clear data and cache of an application
    - Batch clear data and cache of the selected apps
    - Clear all apps cache at once (1-tap cache cleaner without being root)
    - Clear cache widget (1-tap cache cleaner without being root)
    - Notify if total cache size exceeds specified size
    - Reboot manager includes power off, normal reboot, quick (hot) reboot, reboot recovery, reboot bootloader/download mode
    - Reboot widget to boot with one click
    - List applications, show detailed size information and link status
    - Wide variety of options to sort and filter apps
    - Search applications by name
    - Display available space information of internal storage, SD card and SD card 2nd partition
    - Share the Play Store link or the APK (app\'s full package) file of an app
    - Create shortcut for the apps
    - Support 40+ languages

How it works:
    Linking applications;
    Link2SD uses a secondary partition on your SD card and uses it as another segment of internal storage. Link2SD moves apk files, dalvik-cache (.dex) files, lib files and internal data files into this partition, which the OS mounts on boot, and creates a symbolic link in the original location. This retains the file structure that the system expects but with the bulk of the data moved to the SD card.

Linking obb and external data;
    On devices that have emulated SD card, obb and external data files are actually located on the internal storage, not on the external (real) SD card.
    This method moves these files into the first or the second partition of your external SD card (depending on your selection) and with the bind option of the mount command remounts the file hierarchy at external SD card while it is still available at the original location.

Linked apps are marked with "Linked -> SD card" in the app list.

What you need:
    for linking apps;
    - root permission
    - second partition on SD card

You should have two partitions on your SD card and both should be primary.
    The first FAT partition is your standard SD card storage. The second partition is used for application files and can be ext2, ext3, ext4, f2fs or FAT.
    You need to use a non-FAT file system (ext2, ext3, ext4 or f2fs) on your second partition in order to link app\'s private data files. Because the FAT file system (FAT16, FAT32 or exFAT) does not support UNIX file ownership or permissions and will cause a security breakdown of app's private files.
    Link2SD does not create the second partition, you need to create it yourself. You can use any partition manager such as Minitool, Paragon, Easeus etc. on Windows, GParted on Linux, built in Disk Utility on Mac OS.

for linking obb and external data;
    - root permission

Second partition on SD card is optional, folders can be moved to the first or the second partition of the SD card.

Note:
    When you connect your device to PC as mass storage, Android unmounts the first FAT partition but the second partition remains mounted so the apps linked to this partition are not affected and can be run without problems.
    But the apps which their obb and external data files have been moved to the external storage don\'t work until the mass storage is disabled and the external storage is remounted on the device.

Link2SD also provides native app to SD (app2sd) feature of Android OS. It can move any non-protected user apps to SD card (force move), with batch moving capability.
    That feature uses first partition (normal FAT) of the SD card, does not require a second partition.

Cache cleaner function clears all your cache and free up space with a single tap. Also cache cleaner widget displays total cache size and enables "one tap cache cleaning" without opening the app.

Link2SD is available in the following languages:
    English, Turkish, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese Brazilian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Thai, Ukrainian, Japanese, Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified, French, Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Serbian, Indonesian, Dutch, Vietnamese, Greek, Slovenian, Basque, Macedonian, Catalan, Persian, Croatian, Danish, Albanian, Georgian, Afrikaans, Hindi, Swedish, Armenian, Tagalog, Romanian, Lithuanian, Nepali, Tamil.

If you want to help translating Link2SD into other languages please send me an email.

Link2SD is a free (ad supported) application. You can upgrade to Link2SD Plus to remove ads and get additional features.

DISCLAIMER: It is made available for use at your own risk with no warranty of any kind.

It's avaliable on Google Play, search for "Link2SD".

For more info and FAQ see the following site.

http://www.link2sd.info

UPDATE:
    The long awaited feature to link external data and obb folders of apps and games is now available.

- (Plus) added ability to link external data and obb folders to the SD card
    ** Second partition on SD card is optional, folders can be moved to the 1st or the 2nd partition of your SD card.
    - app info screen has been redesigned to become cleaner and more straightforward
    - fixed the bug that causes linked apps disappear after reboot on some devices
    ** if you have this issue run "Recreate mount scripts" and reboot
    - updates for Android 5.0 Lollipop
    - bug fixes and improvements
    - updated translations
    - fixed external SD bug in "Storage Info"
    - added support for Android Lollipop (5.0), all features are now fully functional on Lollipop
    - added "Create shortcut" function for the apps
    - added notification for Plus license verification issues
    - fixed crash on some devices
    - material design updates in UI
    ** default theme is light, you can switch to dark from the settings
    - added sharing apk files of the apps
    - added batch (multi-select) share, clear data and clear cache
    - added Tamil translation
    - some minor bug fixes
    - fixed the bug that causes linked apps disappear on reboot when internal data is linked on some KitKat devices
    - fixed Link2SD Plus installation issue, it is available again on Play Store
    - fixed force close at startup on Android 2.2 (Froyo)
    - bug fixes
    - performance and stability improvements
    - some minor bug fixes
    - updated translations
    - added reboot menu includes power off, normal reboot, quick (hot) reboot, reboot recovery, reboot bootloader / download mode
    - added reboot widget
    - some fixes and optimizations
    - added Nepali language and updated translations
    - (Plus) added ability to link internal data and dex files of the apps that are already on SD card (with native app2sd)
    - fixed a bug which caused the linked apps disappear after reboot on some devices **
    - some fixes and optimizations[
    - fixed clear cache issues seen on some devices
    - exclusion list for "clean all app caches" is now also available in Link2SD
    - fixed the bug in relink library files
    - updated translations
    - fix the bug in "Clean up the 2nd partition" and "Storage Info"
    - (Plus) added ability to link internal data directory of the apps to SD card
    ** You need to use a non-FAT file system (ext2, ext3, ext4 or f2fs) on your second partition for this feature.
    Because the FAT file system does not support Unix file ownership or permissions and will cause a security breakdown of app\'s private files.
    - (Plus) added exclusion list for "clean all app caches" function
    - added "internal data size" and "external data size" sort options
    - added Lithuanian language
    - updated translations
    - minor fixes and optimizations
    - added Romanian language
    - (Plus) added ability to link dex files of the system apps
    - added f2fs file system support
    - added shortcut for searching with long-press of the menu button
    - fixed "error 491" seen after clearing all app cache on some devices
    - fixed the bug in detecting external SD cards that have exFAT file system
    - updated translations
    - fixed licensing issue seen on some devices
    - fixed the bug in obtaining root access for clear cache function
    - added cache cleaner widget that displays total cache size and enables "one tap cache cleaning" without opening the app
    - (Plus) added auto cache clean service, you can select the interval in settings
    - added an option to include or exclude external cache files during "Clear all app caches"
    - fixed the bug in auto linking on some devices
    - fixed apk name bug seen on some new ROMs
    - updated translations
    - fixed dalvik-cache (dex) issues on KitKat
    - fixed the bug in "Convert to system app" on apps that have lib files
    - fixed the bug in "Integrate update into system" on some apps
    - added "Encrypted" filter option
    - "Clear all app caches" and "Clear cache" functions now clean external cache as well
    - updated translations
    - added support for devices with SELinux set to "Enforcing" mode (e.g new Samsung devices, KitKat ROMs etc.)
    ** if you have FC on linked apps, reboot your device after installing the new version
    - added native app2sd support for new Samsung/ASUS devices (Android 4.2+)
    - added Armenian and Tagalog languages
    - improved KitKat support, fixed dex file issue on KitKat
    - minor optimizations in UI
    - updated translations
    - added Swedish translation and updated some translations
    - added Android KitKat (4.4) support
    ** if you have FC on linked apps on Kitkat, run "Recreate mount scripts" from the sliding menu and reboot
    - fixed the bug that causes the search view to not open when pressing hardware search button
    - some bug fixes and optimizations
    - revamped user interface
    ** new sliding menu, new action bar, new multi-select interface, new menu and more
    - added dark and light theme option
    ** default is dark, you can switch to light theme from the settings
    - added "Share" function to send "Play Store" link of an app
    - improved tablet support
    - stability improvements and bug fixes
    - updated translations
    - fixed hang on app startup on some devices
    - small fixes and optimizations
    - updated translations
    - fixed clean up the dalvik-cache and 2nd partition bug
    - fixed "Invalid package" issue seen on some devices with previous update
    - fixed bug in obtaining root access on some devices
    - fixed bug that prevents relinking dex and lib files at boot on some devices
    - fixed bug which caused the mount script can not be created on new Samsung devices (Note II, S4 etc.)
    - improved Android 4.3 support
    - added Georgian, Afrikaans and Hindi translations
    - updated translations
    - added an option to notify when movable apps installed
    - added an option to notify if total cache larger than specified size on app startup
    - updated translations
    - added Android 4.3 support
    - fixed a bug which caused the second partition can not be detected on some devices
    - added "Obb size" sort option
    - stability improvements and bug fixes
    - updated translations
    - fixed a bug which caused the second partition can not be detected on some devices
    - added obb size info of the apps
    - some bugfixes and optimizations
    - added Albanian translation and updated some translations
    - some bugfixes
    - updated translations
    - added warning if the device does not support native app2sd due to emulated external storage (such as Galaxy S3, Note 2 etc.)
    - fixed a bug which caused the second partition can not be detected on some devices **
    - fixed "mkdir failed , File exists" error for FAT partitions on some devices **
    ** if you have these problems run "Recreate mount scripts" from the menu after installing the new version and reboot
    - added external data and cache size info used by the apps
    - added encrypted label for Jell Bean style encrypted apps
    - added ability to convert encrypted apps into normal apps (move to phone)
    - added ACCESS_SUPERUSER permission declaration (proposed by Koush)
    - updated translations
    - added x86 and mips support
    - added ability to link encrypted apps
    - fixed crash if too many apps (600+) are installed on some devices
    - added Danish language and updated translations
    - fixed not working "clear all app caches" function for some devices
    - fixed file permission bug that causes linked apps to FC on Jelly Bean
    - added external SD information in "Storage Info" page (if presents)
    - updated translations
    - fixed crash if too many apps (400+) are installed on some devices
    - improved app search (use "contains" instead of "start with" and higlight the matching characters)
    - updated translations
    - some fixes and tweaks
    - added Croatian language
    - updated translations
    - added "relink all application files" feature to scan 2nd partition and relink all the files (can be used when changing or updating the ROM)
    - added "relink dex files at boot" option
    - changed multi-select UI
    - added batch freeze/unfreeze
    - added size info of /system and /cache partitions to "Storage info"
    - fixed bug in converting system apps into user apps and vice versa
    - added Persian language
    - updated translations
    - some fixes and UI tweaks
    - fixed relink lib bug introduced in 2.0.3
    - added Catalan and Macedonian translations
    - updated some translations
    - fixed force close at startup on some devices
    - updated translations
    - updated translations
    - added the ability to convert system apps into user apps
    - added the ability to convert user apps into system apps
    - added "Updated" mark to show if the app has been install as an update to a system (built-in) app
    - added "Updated" filter option
    - added the ability to integrate "Updated" system apps into system
    - fixed freeze/unfreeze bug on some ICS devices
    - improved ICS compatibility
    - optimized link/unlink/move operations and speed improvements
    - some fixes and UI tweaks
    - added an option to change language in application settings
    - fixed bug in "Storage info" that displays incorrect values if the partition is >1GB on some devices
    - changed a2sd checking
    - fixed "Mount warning" issue on some devices that do not have operational init scripts to mount 2nd partition at boot, e.g. new Samsung Gingerbread roms
    ** if you have this problem run "Recreate mount scripts" from the menu after installing the new version of Link2SD
    - added Basque translation
    - some fixes and tweaks
    - fixed some issues on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
    - added Greek and Slovenian translations
    - some minor fixes and tweaks
    - fixed bug in recognizing the second partition on some devices
    - fixed bug in setting install location option
    - moved filter and sort functions from menu to title bar
    - added an indicator icon which shows the apps that can be moved to SD with native apps2sd (a small icon in upper right corner, for Android 2.2 and higher)
    - added "Movable" filter option which lists the apps that support moving to SD with native apps2sd (for Android 2.2 and higher)
    - added "Clear data" to clear user data from the app
    - added "Clear cache" to clear the app cache
    - added "Cache size" sort option
    - added ability to clear cache on all apps at once
    - added "View in Market" for applications
    - added an option to turn "auto link notification" off
    - added Dutch, Serbian, Indonesian, Vietnamese translation
    - fixed bug in recognizing the 2nd partition on some devices
    - added Japanese, Chinese Simplified, French, Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech translation
    - added "Translation Credits" to the About page
    - fixed freeze/unfreeze bug on some devices
    - added Chinese Traditional, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese Brazilian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Thai, Ukrainian translation
    - added an option to use English language instead of system language
    - added ability to freeze and unfreeze the user and system applications
    - added "Frozen" filter option
    - added ability to search applications by name, activated from the menu or search button
    - added "Recreate mount scripts" menu to recreate mount scripts manually when you change fs type or rom
    - fixed bugs in "Quick reboot" and setting "Install location" on some devices
    1.9.2:
    - added "Dex size" and "Total size" sort options
    - some bugfixes
    1.9.1:
    - fixed FC on some devices
    1.9.0:
    - added native apps2sd function with batch capability (for Android 2.2 and higher)
    ** moves any user apps to SD even though the app does not support moving to SD
    - added option to set the default install location of the apps; auto, internal, or external (for Android 2.2 and higher)
    - added workaround for Roms that do not have install-recovery.sh and init.d scripts to mount 2nd partition at boot, e.g. new Samsung GB roms
    ** mounts after system finishes booting and you need to perform 'Quick reboot'
    - new and safer 'Quick reboot' method
    - added context menu to app list (activated on a long press)
    - added option for automatic relinking of library files at boot
    - added "on SD card" and "on internal" filter options
    - added applications count to the title
    - some UI changes
    - changed the method for determining external storage to support devices that have more than one external storage (MMC and SD)
    - added ability to uninstall system applications
    - added batch (multi-select) reinstalling
    - added batch (multi-select) uninstalling
    - added "Relink library files" menu which relinks all the lib files that get unlinked after reboot
    - removed "Market Fix" menu
    - added "fast scroll thumb" option to quickly scroll through the app list
    - added "Data size" to sort options
    - some bugfixes
    - added batch linking and unlinking (multi-select mode)
    - some bugfixes
    - fixed force close on application startup on some devices
    - added horizontal screen orientation support
    - added "Link dalvik-cache files" menu back
    - improved loading and scrolling performance of the app list
    - added cache size to app list
    - fixed "Storage Info" bug on Android 2.3
    - better CM7 support
    Known issue:
    * library files get unlinked after reboot on Android 2.3 and sometimes on 2.1 and 2.2. (PackageManager unpacks all native libraries from the apk files at boot)
    - added option to link library (.so) files along with apk and dex files
    - added automatic linking option for the new installed apps
    - added ability to link/unlink apk, dex and lib files separately
    - added '->' linked indicator to Apk, Dex and Lib labels
    - added lib file size and link status information
    - added lib size to sort options
    - some bugfixes
    - changed link creation, reboot is not required on Android 1.6 and 2.1 anymore
    - added notification to status bar for automatic re-linking after app update
    - added "reboot required" notification to status bar after linking app on Android 1.6 and 2.1
    - some bugfixes
    - changed menu name from "Quick Restart" to "Quick Reboot"
    - added "Quick Restart" menu, cuts boot time
    - added "Clean up the dalvik-cache" menu
    - added "Clean up the 2nd partition" menu
    - added ability to link updated system apps (that are located in /data/app)
    - optimized refreshing of the app list after linking
    - changed App2sd checking
    - added support in detecting and mounting the second partition for some roms
    - some bugfixes
    - fixed background message
    - added ext3, ext4 and FAT32 support for the second partition of SD card
    - added refresh menu
    - added "Not Linked" filter option
    - changed App2sd checking
    - added support in linking protected (/data/app-private) apps
    - added support in detecting and mounting the second partition for some roms
    - some bugfixes
    - disabled automatic Market status fix after linking
    - added option to link dalvik-cache (.dex) files along with apk files
    - added automatic re-linking after app upgrade
    - added automatic deleting from SD card after app uninstall
    - added "Reinstall" button
    - added "Link dalvik-cache files" menu which links dex files of all existing linked applications all at once
    - added automatic Market status fix after linking
    - better froyo support
    - added dex file size and link status information
    - added support in detecting and mounting ext2 partition for some roms
    - some minor bugfixes
    - added uninstall feature which deletes apk file also from ext2 for linked apps
    - added launch and manage buttons
    - added detailed size information of applications
    - some minor bugfixes
    - added info message to show which applications have been repaired after "Market Fix"
    - added "Market Fix" feature to repair missing Market applications
    - removed "ext2 found" info message at startup
    - some minor bugfixes
    - added support for some roms which install-recovery.sh is not operational
    - added ext2.ko module installation on boot (if exists) for Motorola phones
    - changed mount method at startup to be much safer
    - some minor bugfixes
    - initial release
    Hello Guys,

I am a newbie for android OS. You stated that you can do this SD partition stuff with MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition" (free). Sahll I have to use a lunix based pc? or Win Xp is enough?

Besides, ext2 partition will be used for the apps. And SD card also has another partition with FAT 16 format. So, what will be ratio for these partitions? Let's say I owned a 8 gb SD card. What will be proper partition sizes?

As a last question, We will first install the apps to phone memory. And then link it to SD card. Am i right?

thank you for your support.

Regards,

Hello,

• You can use windows machine for partition stuff with "MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition". It is a windows application, supports Windows 2000/XP/Vista/windows 7 (32 bit & 64 bit) operating system.

• There is no such a restricted ratio but 10% is recommended. So if you have a 8GB card ~7.2GB for FAT32 and ~800MB for ext2 would be ok.

• Yes, first install the application and then link it to SD card with Link2SD.
    UPDATE:
    - changed link creation, reboot is not required on Android 1.6 and 2.1 anymore

After linking, reboot and "Market Fix" are not needed anymore on Android 1.6 and 2.1 because the app does not disappear from the system (like 2.2+).
    You only need to, if any, re-add the shortcut and the widget of the app to homescreen.

Seem a small change but it is an important improvment.
    UPDATE:
    - added x86 and mips support
    - added ability to link encrypted apps
    - fixed crash if too many apps (600+) are installed on some devices
    - added Danish language and updated translations
    UPDATE:
    - added option to link library (.so) files along with apk and dex files
    - added automatic linking option for the new installed apps
    - added ability to link/unlink apk, dex and lib files separately
    - added '->' linked indicator to Apk, Dex and Lib labels
    - added lib file size and link status information
    - added lib size to sort options
    - some bugfixes

The main improvement in this version is option to link the native library (*.so) files that some apps install in their /data/lib directory.
    These libraries are typically quite large, so moving them to SD will free up space on the internal storage.
    I added lib size info both to main list page and app detail page so you can see how much space you'll free up if you link it.

Another improvement is that, you can link/unlink apk, dex and lib files separately, that is, you can link or unlink all three or any two of three or even only one of them.

Another new addition is auto linking option for new installed applications. You can enable/disable this feature and select which files will be linked automatically from the new settings menu.

And some bug fixes and code improvements.

Hope you enjoy!