Soft keys not responding

Search This thread

iLOSER

Apr 6, 2009
Hello. Well I've been googling my problem I just recent ran into for about a few weeks now and found no solution. Just found some guy suggesting the app, Softkeys in the play store. I don't mind using that app for now but sometime it gets annoying.

Problem is, the soft keys on the bottom (home, return, search, menu) isn't responding to any of my touches. I tried pressing it down, slightly touching it but still nothing. Stock Vibrant, not rooted.

Maybe it's a software issue? Anyone else having the problems I am? And if you are, is there a way to fix it? THANKS IN ADVANCE

Xenoism

Oct 8, 2010
Chicago
Hello. Well I've been googling my problem I just recent ran into for about a few weeks now and found no solution. Just found some guy suggesting the app, Softkeys in the play store. I don't mind using that app for now but sometime it gets annoying.

Problem is, the soft keys on the bottom (home, return, search, menu) isn't responding to any of my touches. I tried pressing it down, slightly touching it but still nothing. Stock Vibrant, not rooted.

Maybe it's a software issue? Anyone else having the problems I am? And if you are, is there a way to fix it? THANKS IN ADVANCE

When are where did you purchase your vibrant? I'm asking because if you bought it used, or you've had it for a long time...the digitizer may be going bad. I've read that captivate buttons not working is one of the early signs that your digitizer might be going bad.

Also, isn't the app "softkeys" that you are referring to only for root users? You said you weren't rooted though :eek: Maybe I'm wrong.

iLOSER

Apr 6, 2009
When are where did you purchase your vibrant? I'm asking because if you bought it used, or you've had it for a long time...the digitizer may be going bad. I've read that captivate buttons not working is one of the early signs that your digitizer might be going bad.

Also, isn't the app "softkeys" that you are referring to only for root users? You said you weren't rooted though :eek: Maybe I'm wrong.

I bought it used, so called new from craigslist from a woman for a $120. It was a steal! Bout in the beginning of this year only. And yes, you are correct about the soft keys. It's for rooted phones only but I only use the home button just so that I can get back. Hopefully it's not the digitizer, I don't want to replace it. No scratches, nothing :/

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA

iLOSER

Apr 6, 2009
this is so weird. i downloaded an app and all of sudden, the softkeys started acting all weird. the lights came off and on, one at a time then all at once. then it just started working!!! i guess it does have something to do with the digitizer. hopefully i dont have to replace it. :fingers-crossed: