• knew it punk!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

geoana20

Jan 14, 2009
Bucharest
I just updated my LG optimus 7 to 7.8 a few sec ago. here are the pictures to prove it and of course the link on how to do it (i cant post the link so just copy it in to your browser). So, after all, seems like all WP7 devices are getting this update!

:victory:

The link for HOW TO...

wpcentral.com/forcing-windows-phone-78-update-camera-button-not-required-patience

Attachments

• WP_20130131_002.jpg
    WP_20130131_002.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 4,981
  • WP_20130131_003.jpg
    WP_20130131_003.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 3,989
  • WP_20130131_004.jpg
    WP_20130131_004.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 3,799
  • WP_20130131_006.jpg
    WP_20130131_006.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 4,075

asbesto

May 5, 2011
Turin, Italy
I just updated my LG optimus 7 to 7.8 a few sec ago. here are the pictures to prove it and of course the link on how to do it (i cant post the link so just copy it in to your browser). So, after all, seems like all WP7 devices are getting this update!

The link for HOW TO...

wpcentral.com/forcing-windows-phone-78-update-camera-button-not-required-patience

GREAT! :) how about the MFG menu? can we still unlock the phone via the mfg? after 7.8 does it relock?

vicious6969

Mar 25, 2008
Can't get my phone to update

Hi,

Thanks for the tips, however I can't get my LG Optimus E900 to update.

I have tried the force update method and also the manual cab method but the manual cab method backs up the phone and installs the cabs, then fails with an error saying no applicable package...

Any further ideas on how I can update my device? It's a European LG Optimus E900 model if that makes any difference.

Thanks

oustas

Sep 29, 2010
Sallonica
Hi,

Thanks for the tips, however I can't get my LG Optimus E900 to update.

I have tried the force update method and also the manual cab method but the manual cab method backs up the phone and installs the cabs, then fails with an error saying no applicable package...

Any further ideas on how I can update my device? It's a European LG Optimus E900 model if that makes any difference.

Thanks

I have a European Optimus and i forced the update.Just follow the steps provided in the link.

vicious6969

Mar 25, 2008
Hi, thanks however I have tried the force update method several times as well as ensuring all the cabs are in as per the manual update instructions including ensuring the right language packs are there but still get exactly the same error as before.. no applicable packages... guess I'll have to give up for the time being and try again in a couple of weeks or so... :(

djassa1

Mar 12, 2011
E900H: Update went smoothly, even if I had to use the disconnect trick (force update). I had an Internet sharing option form another ROM, and it was not removed for the simple reason that when you use an other carrier ROM, it's this one that's get updated, leaving all the functions and features like they were before.

Unlock is removed by the way but seems that you can get it back with MFG.

I hope also that SIP (VOIP) is now available with 7.8 because it's what I am really missing from IOS or Android!

Last edited:

minep

Mar 6, 2011
What has 80072FA8 error or just no update found!

On this time I tried a long time update with disconnect trick. But... no updates.
NOW... from FIRST time update was found!

Solution:
yeah... first of all good things happen to UK. :D So we will use UK proxy.
Go to Settings - mobile network , then edit apn. In "APN, Username, Password" I typed my provider settings. In "Proxy server/URL" type 109.169.40.229 and in "Proxy port" type 8080. Here Done.
Next step: in computer STILL connected internet, in phone wifi is disconnected.
And last step: in Zune click update. Waiting about ~2 minutes, because proxy is very slow.
Result:
ief7h0.png

Thanks for UK proxy :laugh:

robbie2k

Sep 6, 2009
Got it! from Colombia with a euro open optimus7.
Tried starting from 2 second of wait between push "update" and disconnecting internet, incrementing by half seconds every step, I got it at the 6th attempt, with 4,5 seconds between click "update" and disconnect internet (I disconnected from internet pulling out the power plug of the ethernet hub connected to my computer)

Good luck to everybody, I go to enjoy my new WP7.8! ..and to update my sign ;)

Edit: I got 3 updates, the first, left the phone still with WP7.5, the second too, the third effectively updated the phone to WP7.8, the right update have this build number:

Last edited:

Tacsi566

Feb 25, 2012
Szombathely
Plugged it in, surprise surprise :) update available :)
Carrier free

Sent from my YP-GI1 using xda app-developers app

pentraks

Sep 11, 2007
I just got it to work using the unplug method, I'll be keeping this phone a bit longer now :D

i was lurking online stores for a new wp8 device but suddenly something told me, y u no check xda?

so after many attempts, force update worked and currenlty being installed on my solid rock e900!

thanks 4 saving me 300€ xda & friends ! :good:

vicious6969

Mar 25, 2008
Just installing!

Just installing the update now.

I have a German LG E900, running on a UK Talkmobile (MVNO of Vodafone)! No wonder I had to force update!

I tried loads of things, and on the verge of giving up, when I used the UK Proxy tip, earlier in the thread. (Even though I am already in UK!)

I also noticed by doing that that I didn't even have an APN.... maybe that had something to do with it.

Anyway, the FIRST time I used the UK proxy, it found the update. However the update failed because I didn't switch the internet back on my laptop.

So...

1. Switch Wifi off on your phone, but leave data on (using UK Proxy as earlier in thread)
2, Internet ON your PC/Laptop, then open Zune and check for updates. If no update is found then carry on to step 3
3. Click update again, then after 3 seconds or so, disconnect internet from your PC
4. repeat steps 2-3 until it finds an update.
5. Once it finds an update, make sure you switch the internet back ON your laptop/PC, otherwise you'll have to repeat all over again!

Thanks to everyone for the tips. Good work. I assume my phone will be working ok, I will post an update if any problems.

Cheers

zorzgeo

Account currently disabled
Nov 15, 2007
My LG E900 now are Windows Phone 7.8 (OS Version 7.10.8858.136).

Updated by tweaking server with disconnecting router cable 5sec after clicknig Update button ;).

Enjoy!

afhstingray

Jan 20, 2005
i keep getting an error saying it cant search for an update, i tried two different computers, no luck, i tried the force update by switching off wifi, still no luck. Can someone help? thanks

Damkia

Nov 30, 2010
I also try to update my phone.
First I tried with the cable trick. This did not work. I always got the 801812DC error which is refering to not be able to create a backup.
I hard reset the phone as recmmended but no result.
I checked the back up directory bt nothibg was in.
I tried on a fresh PC.
I tried with the tool from windowsphonehacker, the so called seveneighter.
I tried different USB ports
I tried different USB cables.

All are giving me the same 801812dc error.

Is there any other possibility? I also contacted LG but as I bought the phone as a used one I have no official bill. Therefore I can not prove it is not already out of warranty.

Please anny suggestion would be helpfull.

I had the same error when I update to 7.5. At this time I downgraded via a cab file from teh forum and then everything as working normally via Zune.

zorzgeo

Account currently disabled
Nov 15, 2007
It's just time temping and patience. Beleive me, but if you have no patience, try to use this tool: LINK at your own risk!

szia

Last edited:

jg400

Sep 28, 2010
1. Switch Wifi off on your phone, but leave data on (using UK Proxy as earlier in thread)
2, Internet ON your PC/Laptop, then open Zune and check for updates. If no update is found then carry on to step 3
3. Click update again, then after 3 seconds or so, disconnect internet from your PC
4. repeat steps 2-3 until it finds an update.
5. Once it finds an update, make sure you switch the internet back ON your laptop/PC, otherwise you'll have to repeat all over again!

This process does work! just a few extra notes on my experience

I have sim free UK LG E900 with Giff Gaff sim

For a successful upgrade process I had to;

First delete the giff gaff APN info and create a new apn with just the IP address and port info on page 1

I then had to reboot phone with new apn info

The timing of disconnecting the internet from the windows PC is critical , I have a laptop, with a combination of Function Key and F11 I can disable wireless pretty much instantly , if you disconnect to soon you get the update service is not available error , if you disconnect to slowly you get the Phone is upto date no update required problem , it seems to be somewhere between 2- 3 seconds ( I used to old 1000, 2000, 3000 counting method :silly: and it is somewhere between 2000 and 3000)

In total I had to update 3 times (as per previous post ) in order to get 7.8

But now thanks to the above technique I have a LG E900 at Windows 7.8 :good:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The link for HOW TO...