Search This thread

topgun303

Sep 19, 2010
springfield va
Please don't forget to Thank

The files provided are only for phone I317 and not I317M

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23060877490003986

Instructions:

1. Download "back to stock" zip folder I uploaded. It contains all the files needed. No need to search around.

2. Unzip the file and extract the folder to your desktop.

3. Open folder and install Samsung drivers if not already done so.

4. Now make sure you have root and custom recovery on the phone. Turn the phone off. Hold volume up, home and power button at the same time.Wait till u see custom recovery screen and then let go off all the buttons.

5. Once in recovery... delete data, system, cache, dev cache like you want to flash a new rom. Turn the phone off by pulling the battery or see option for power off device under custom recovery.

6. Once the phone is completely off lets get into download mode. Hold volume down, home and power button until you see the screen with an option to press volume up to get into download. Press volume up to enter download mode when asked.

7. Now open odin3.07 I provided in the folder u downloaded. Once open connect your phone via usb. Windows should install device drivers. Once thats done, you should see com## on the Odin software.

8. On odin software you should see button called PDA. Click on it and browse to the file called KIES_HOME_I317UCALJ2_I317ATTALJ2_215287_REV04_user_low_ship.tar. in the folder provided by me. select it and hit ok. Odin will process the file. It will take max 2 to 3 min.

9. Before you click start on Odin make sure auto reboot and F. reset time is checked only. Everything else unchecked. Click start button. Odin will start flashing the factory firmware. It will take time.

10. Once Odin is done flashing. phone will reboot. Now you can disconnect the usb cable. When phone is fully rebooted, skip all the prompt and get to home screen.

11. Turn the phone off again and get into download mode. Connect usb cable to computer with Odin open. Click Pda and select file called CF-Auto-Root-t0lteatt-t0lteatt-samsungsghi317.tar. Let Odin process it and then click start. Once flashing the root file is done. Phone should reboot to home screen. Now you have root. The reason we need root is to get rid of counter # in download more. It should say zero.

12. Connect your phone to computer while on the home screen. Open phone internal storage and go to download folder and copy Triangle away.apk into it.

13. Go into settings and security and check unknown sources.

14. Go to apps and open application "my file". Go to download folder and select triangle away application to install. install it. Open application application and scroll down and select reset counter option. Make sure your are connected to wifi. Confirm you phone is I317 and triangle away will download the file. Your phone should reboot into some type of reset counter recovery screen. follow the instruction on the screen to reset the counter. After that phone should reboot.

15. Once rebooted uninstall triangle away apk. Now open super user application and scrool down and click fully unroot. When done go into stock recovery and clear data and cache. reboot phone. All done. Your counter is set to zero. Your phone should read normal under settings.

Some people might not be able to OTA update after flashing the firmware in the zip because ATT takes the updates off their server after new one comes out. Find the latest ODIN firmware file and flash that after you are done with all my steps.

Enjoy.

Thanks to chainfire for his triangle away app and root for our device.

Last edited:

Knight-Rider

Feb 28, 2013

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fs1xhkvoljk3yz/back%20to%20stock.rar

Instructions:

1. Download "back to stock" zip folder I uploaded. It contains all the files needed. No need to search around.

4. Now make sure you have root and custom recovery on the phone. Turn the phone off. Hold volume down, home and power button at the same time.Wait till u see custom recovery screen and then let go off all the buttons.

5. Once in recovery... delete data, system, cache, dev cache like you want to flash a new rom. Turn the phone off by pulling the battery or see option for power off device under custom recovery.

6. Once the phone is completely off lets get into download mode. Hold volume up, home and power button until you see the screen with an option to press volume up to get into download. Press volume up to enter download mode when asked.

7. Now open odin3.07 I provided in the folder u downloaded. Once open connect your phone via usb. Windows should install device drivers. Once thats done, you should see com## on the Odin software.

8. On odin software you should see button called PDA. Click on it and browse to the file called KIES_HOME_I317UCALJ2_I317ATTALJ2_215287_REV04_user_low_ship.tar. in the folder provided by me. select it and hit ok. Odin will process the file. It will take max 2 to 3 min.

9. Before you click start on Odin make sure auto reboot and F. reset time is checked only. Everything else unchecked. Click start button. Odin will start flashing the factory firmware. It will take time.

10. Once Odin is done flashing. phone will reboot. Now you can disconnect the usb cable. When phone is fully rebooted, skip all the prompt and get to home screen.

11. Turn the phone off again and get into download mode. Connect usb cable to computer with Odin open. Click Pda and select file called CF-Auto-Root-t0lteatt-t0lteatt-samsungsghi317.tar. Let Odin process it and then click start. Once flashing the root file is done. Phone should reboot to home screen. Now you have root. The reason we need root is to get rid of counter # in download more. It should say zero.

12. Connect your phone to computer while on the home screen. Open phone internal storage and go to download folder and copy Triangle away.apk into it.

14. Go to apps and open application "my file". Go to download folder and select triangle away application to install. install it. Open application application and scroll down and select reset counter option. Make sure your are connected to wifi. Confirm you phone is I317 and triangle away will download the file. Your phone should reboot into some type of reset counter recovery screen. follow the instruction on the screen to reset the counter. After that phone should reboot.

15. Once rebooted uninstall triangle away apk. Now open super user application and scrool down and click fully unroot. When done go into stock recovery and clear data and cache. reboot phone. All done. Your counter is set to zero. Your phone should read normal under settings.

You can update your phone under settings from att servers.

Enjoy.

This is great but question?...Why not use UCAMA4 instead of UCALJ2, it is available on SamMobile already and has been for some time now. Just a suggestion you know.

Last edited:

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
Because UCALJ2 is the factory shipping rom. Making this a true return to stock.
This allows the full updates as well after restoration...g

Reactions: twanskys204

Knight-Rider

Feb 28, 2013
As far as I know triangle away only works with UCALJ2 for the counter to reset. Need to be on the original firmware

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Flash a custom ROM example CM10, you run triangle away, than you can run back to stock using Odin with UCALJ2 or UCAMA3 issue resolved.

ainen

Aug 26, 2011
You might want to have a mirror. Dropbox likes to kill links after they'e been used so many times.

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
Thanks TG...The thread is through the growing pains, and is taking off nicely!!
Many Thanks again for this much needed offering....
And the one stop download was the perfect answer....g

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
hey there, I obtained an unlocked AT&T Note 2 with Allaince ROM on it, and just out of curiosity, I looked for a software update, and it said there was one. I didn't want it, but it seemed hard to get rid of the fact that the phone knew there was one, haha.

anyway, I was going to reflash to stock anyway, so I downloaded your package here... I wasn't able to boot into recovery using the button combination mentioned for some reason, so I just flashed the tar in Odin, when it finished successfully it seemed to first boot into stock recovery and do something for a minute or less, and then it proceeded to the boot animation. after that tho, it just sits at the Samsung logo and won't boot into the system. was it a problem not being able to factory reset with the custom recovery before Odin flashing? any advice to get booted into the factory ROM? thanks in advance..

update: I managed to get into stock recovery to wipe cache and factory reset, and now it boots up fine. thanks for the guide and the files :)

Last edited:
Reactions: lonbordin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The files provided are only for phone I317 and not I317M

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23060877490003986

Instructions:

4. Now make sure you have root and custom recovery on the phone. Turn the phone off. Hold volume up, home and power button at the same time.Wait till u see custom recovery screen and then let go off all the buttons.

6. Once the phone is completely off lets get into download mode. Hold volume down, home and power button until you see the screen with an option to press volume up to get into download. Press volume up to enter download mode when asked.

Some people might not be able to OTA update after flashing the firmware in the zip because ATT takes the updates off their server after new one comes out. Find the latest ODIN firmware file and flash that after you are done with all my steps.

Enjoy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fs1xhkvoljk3yz/back%20to%20stock.rar

Instructions:

4. Now make sure you have root and custom recovery on the phone. Turn the phone off. Hold volume down, home and power button at the same time.Wait till u see custom recovery screen and then let go off all the buttons.

6. Once the phone is completely off lets get into download mode. Hold volume up, home and power button until you see the screen with an option to press volume up to get into download. Press volume up to enter download mode when asked.

You can update your phone under settings from att servers.

Enjoy.

This is great but question?...Why not use UCAMA4 instead of UCALJ2, it is available on SamMobile already and has been for some time now. Just a suggestion you know.
    Excellent write up TG...
    I RECOMMEND THAT THIS THREAD BE MADE A STICKY...
    It's a keeper...
    Many thanks....g
    Yep...network and update limitations apply of course.
    At least 2 days based on the 24 hour network clock....g

No need to wait 24 hours. Go in settings then clock. Manually fwd date. After every update. Only three updates have been issued by ATT so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium