insurance and rooted device

Search This thread

razormccabe

Dec 10, 2013
My nexus 7 is unlocked and rooted etc. I have insurance on it in case of screen damage. If I did drop it and it was damaged would insurance still cover it even though its rooted? I wouldn't see why not but thought I would check.

vparres

Apr 3, 2010
Méribel-les-Allues
vparres.com
My nexus 7 is unlocked and rooted etc. I have insurance on it in case of screen damage. If I did drop it and it was damaged would insurance still cover it even though its rooted? I wouldn't see why not but thought I would check.

Normally the disclaimer said "Warranty is void if you unlock your device", but it's only in case of the problem is caused by the fact of unlocking/rooting the device. In fact they just cover their back ^^.
Your OS cannot break physically your screen (Fortunately ^^). Some people got their devices replaced on custom ROMed devices by Asus. If you want to RMA your device, if your device still running a bit, and to be sure, factory reset and relock your bootloader before sending it.

Sincerely :D

Reactions: razormccabe

vparres

Apr 3, 2010
Méribel-les-Allues
vparres.com
Cheers, can I unroot and relock all via windows? As in, if the device couldn't be used at all?

Yes, you can unroot and relock bootloader all via Windows. You just restore with factory image, and type in fastboot
Code:
fastboot oem lock
If the device is unusable, i mean nothing showing on the screen, i think Asus will not search for unlocking.
A long time ago, i was playing with my San Diego, and bricked it (When i tried to play with the locked bootloader and flash some suckastuff from me) and they accepted it on RMA, fortunately ^^

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Normally the disclaimer said "Warranty is void if you unlock your device", but it's only in case of the problem is caused by the fact of unlocking/rooting the device. In fact they just cover their back ^^.
    Your OS cannot break physically your screen (Fortunately ^^). Some people got their devices replaced on custom ROMed devices by Asus. If you want to RMA your device, if your device still running a bit, and to be sure, factory reset and relock your bootloader before sending it.

Sincerely :D