[Q] i747M rom signing

Search This thread

narell

Oct 23, 2012
Rio Claro
The usb port in my samsug i747M S3 is not working on any pc and my phone is stuck in a bootloop. I need to know if there is anyway to flash in a custom recovery via the stock recovery or flash in a new zip flashable rom through stock recovery.
I have used cygwin kitchen to put together a flashable zip from a odin rom i downloaded online but i keep getting esignature verification failed. After researching this i found that only samsung signed zips are allowed to be flashed in stock recovery. How can i sign my zips and make them appear as Samsung signed? If possible!!

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
The usb port in my samsug i747M S3 is not working on any pc and my phone is stuck in a bootloop. I need to know if there is anyway to flash in a custom recovery via the stock recovery or flash in a new zip flashable rom through stock recovery.
I have used cygwin kitchen to put together a flashable zip from a odin rom i downloaded online but i keep getting esignature verification failed. After researching this i found that only samsung signed zips are allowed to be flashed in stock recovery. How can i sign my zips and make them appear as Samsung signed? If possible!!

Sorry man, that's pretty much the proverbial rock and a hard place... I'm assuming you already tried the factory reset? There really aren't many options when you are in this situation without getting the USB port fixed (which is soldered, so not the easiest thing to do). You can't flash a custom recovery or rom through the stock 3e recovery. At all. Some phones you can, this isn't one of them. This limits your options to 2 things -

Find an OTA update zip that is the same version or the one that is the next in line of updates such as this:

http://www.androidegis.com/how-to/leaked-jelly-bean-ota-update-for-bell-galaxy-s3-i747m-9-mvlali1/ (but this is older and probably won't work and do not even try if you were 4.3 last and is a leak version - this is just for example purposes only)

or you can try this, though since your boatloader is probably fine, not sure if it will work either:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2549068

Other than that, your options are JTAG service or fixing the port, which if you are gonna spend the $ for a JTAG service, it'd make more sense to just put that towards the repair and then it will be very easy to reload the OS once that is fixed.

narell

Oct 23, 2012
Rio Claro
Sorry man, that's pretty much the proverbial rock and a hard place... I'm assuming you already tried the factory reset? There really aren't many options when you are in this situation without getting the USB port fixed (which is soldered, so not the easiest thing to do). You can't flash a custom recovery or rom through the stock 3e recovery. At all. Some phones you can, this isn't one of them. This limits your options to 2 things -

Find an OTA update zip that is the same version or the one that is the next in line of updates such as this:

http://www.androidegis.com/how-to/leaked-jelly-bean-ota-update-for-bell-galaxy-s3-i747m-9-mvlali1/ (but this is older and probably won't work and do not even try if you were 4.3 last and is a leak version - this is just for example purposes only)

or you can try this, though since your boatloader is probably fine, not sure if it will work either:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2549068

Other than that, your options are JTAG service or fixing the port, which if you are gonna spend the $ for a JTAG service, it'd make more sense to just put that towards the repair and then it will be very easy to reload the OS once that is fixed.

Thanks alot for your help...i downloaded the rom from the link u sent..the flash woud have been successfull but it was aborted due to this error
E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 6). Installation aborted.

What does this mean? Is there anyway i can go into the rom package and fix it?

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Thanks alot for your help...i downloaded the rom from the link u sent..the flash woud have been successfull but it was aborted due to this error

I specifically said that it probably wouldn't work and was only for the idea. That update was a leaked version of 4.1.1. I'm assuming your system is probably newer than that, hence why it wouldn't work. I don't know what update you are on and not sure if there is an OTA that would be helpful even. Just saying in your current situation, there aren't many options.

Reactions: narell

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I specifically said that it probably wouldn't work and was only for the idea. That update was a leaked version of 4.1.1. I'm assuming your system is probably newer than that, hence why it wouldn't work. I don't know what update you are on and not sure if there is an OTA that would be helpful even. Just saying in your current situation, there aren't many options.