S5 Won't turn off, won't boot into recovery

Search This thread

Haloman800

Dec 16, 2010
I tried 2 ROMs: Alliance and Extreme Debloat. If I try to turn off the phone it gets stuck at the booting down logo. This happens when I try to restart it, when I try to boot into SafeStrap, or any other way I attempt to power off the phone.

If I pull the battery & boot up, at the SafeStrap splash screen, even when hitting the "Recents" button it does not let me get into SafeStrap.

How do I fix this? What's the cause?

G

GuestK00143

I tried 2 ROMs: Alliance and Extreme Debloat. If I try to turn off the phone it gets stuck at the booting down logo. This happens when I try to restart it, when I try to boot into SafeStrap, or any other way I attempt to power off the phone.

If I pull the battery & boot up, at the SafeStrap splash screen, even when hitting the "Recents" button it does not let me get into SafeStrap.

How do I fix this? What's the cause?
Odin back to stock, re-root and try it again. I'm not sure what causes this but it happened to me a few times with my old Note 3 and SafeStrap.

Haloman800

Dec 16, 2010
Odin back to stock, re-root and try it again. I'm not sure what causes this but it happened to me a few times with my old Note 3 and SafeStrap.

Doing this now. Thanks for the prompt reply.. I've been going insane

How I rooted originally: Installed towelroot successfully, then installed safestrap, booted into recovery, backed up system, created ROM slot #1, and installed a ROM.

Did I do something incorrectly?

edit: p.s. nice avatar :D

Last edited:
G

GuestK00143

Doing this now. Thanks for the prompt reply.. I've been going insane

How I rooted originally: Installed towelroot successfully, then installed safestrap, booted into recovery, backed up system, created ROM slot #1, and installed a ROM.

Did I do something incorrectly?
Not really but I stay away from ROM slots because there is a bug with having to pull the battery on reboot. Re-download the latest SS because the first one had a problem with memory corruption witch sounds like happened to you. If you can get into stock recovery try clearing cache or factory resetting from there. Either way you will have to reset. It's safe to flash to the stock slot as long as you have a good backup.
Edit: Thanks on the avatar, quite a few people like it. Hopefully it helps someone out.

Last edited:

Haloman800

Dec 16, 2010
Not really but I stay away from ROM slots because there is a bug with having to pull the battery on reboot. Re-download the latest SS because the first one had a problem with memory corruption witch sounds like happened to you. If you can get into stock recovery try clearing cache or factory resetting from there. Either way you will have to reset. It's safe to flash to the stock slot as long as you have a good backup.

So after I ODIN I should:

1. Re-root
2. Re-download & install SS
3. Backup, then wipe everything & install in the main ROM slot

?