Hangouts - Click on MMS pic, shows unrelated pic from way back

Search This thread

BBEgo

Sep 14, 2011
This one is nuts.
Ok so my girlfriend switched to Hangouts because the stock messaging app would go to Gallery after viewing an MMS pic instead of going back to messages. Never did get that fixed.
But Hangouts is doing this weird thing where when she opens an MMS pic, it shows it for a second or two, and then switches to an old pic it's getting from some other place.

I uninstalled it, cleared cache and data, re-imported the messages into Hangouts, but nothing fixed it.
Does anyone have any ideas? She's on the stock ROM.
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk

thesoldier

Nov 18, 2012
Baltimore
I had this exact problem before. I'd tap on a new pic and it would instead show one from waaaay back. I thought it had something to do with restoring messages from Titanium Backup so I just deleted the old texts...never found a real fix.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BBEgo

yearn2burn

Apr 3, 2011
Atlanta
This one is nuts.
Ok so my girlfriend switched to Hangouts because the stock messaging app would go to Gallery after viewing an MMS pic instead of going back to messages. Never did get that fixed.
But Hangouts is doing this weird thing where when she opens an MMS pic, it shows it for a second or two, and then switches to an old pic it's getting from some other place.

I uninstalled it, cleared cache and data, re-imported the messages into Hangouts, but nothing fixed it.
Does anyone have any ideas? She's on the stock ROM.
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk

Seems to be an under the radar bug. Always happens when a message contains more than one image. Then shows an earlier image instead. Not sure, but every time it seems to be an iPhone sender too. Maybe iPhone users just like to send more pictures!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had this exact problem before. I'd tap on a new pic and it would instead show one from waaaay back. I thought it had something to do with restoring messages from Titanium Backup so I just deleted the old texts...never found a real fix.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk