[Q] JellyBean for T320

Search This thread

einmed

Apr 14, 2014
Hi!
On my T320 golfstar game crashes often. Are any posibilities to flash JellyBean or ICS on T320 tab pro wi fi 8.4? Game working good, but lagy at my tab 7.7 P6810.
Best wishes, Einars.

Oliv3

Mar 30, 2012
Seattle, WA
You want to downgrade your OS to play a game...? Wait for an update from that app developer.

~Galaxy TabPro SM-T320

Oliv3

Mar 30, 2012
Seattle, WA
Unless you're willing to flash roms from other devices, I'm don't think you're gonna get anything lower than Kit Kat... Tab's still new enough there's barely any roms out for it.

~Galaxy TabPro SM-T320

Oliv3

Mar 30, 2012
Seattle, WA
Lol that question is out of my league. You can wait and see if another more knowledgeable person respond to your question. Or maybe look in the sections for devices with similar specs (Snapdragon 800) and then post in the help forums and ask them if their roms are capable of being used on our tablet.

~Galaxy TabPro SM-T320

conan1600

Jan 9, 2011
Which device rom i could try on T320?

If you flash a Rom from another device you are going to brick it. There is also almost 0 chance any dev will ever make a Rom lower than than Kit Kat. Clear the cache on the game and see if that helps. Un install and re install. If the prob, em persists find a similar game that works but do not trash your expensive device man.

roustabout

Feb 12, 2011
I'm going to at least empathize with the OP here. The biggest downside of the 8.4 to me is that it turns out that a lot of the web stuff I do is expecting flash to run. And please don't tell me flash is dead and html 5 rUleZ - yes, I know, but a lot of web devs haven't gotten the memo yet.

I would love it if there was interest in the CM community in making n-1 releases available for devices, as they are so good at getting the current OS and the N+1 releases available.

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
I'm going to at least empathize with the OP here. The biggest downside of the 8.4 to me is that it turns out that a lot of the web stuff I do is expecting flash to run. And please don't tell me flash is dead and html 5 rUleZ - yes, I know, but a lot of web devs haven't gotten the memo yet.

I would love it if there was interest in the CM community in making n-1 releases available for devices, as they are so good at getting the current OS and the N+1 releases available.

New hardware often requires new software. The tab pro 8.4 is a dual dsi device that is on the bleeding edge of what is supported. I can't even guess at the level of complexity involved in porting an older CM version. Next year, there will be n-1 (kitkat) support but before then I will be shocked if anyone tries and even more shocked if someone successfully got an older android running on this tablet.

conan1600

Jan 9, 2011

Google hacked version of flash player for Kit Kat. With dolphin browser you can enable flash content with this.

roustabout

Feb 12, 2011
Google hacked version of flash player for Kit Kat. With dolphin browser you can enable flash content with this.

But not in Flipboard, which embeds a lot of video into articles. I can break out of Flipboard and into dolphin, then load the file that way but it's a much better experience on my 4.2 device which can simply load the video.

The experience is similar with other apps that embed links.

Oh, and of course I'd forgotten - the magazine UI is basically flipboard, so it must spend a lot of time *trying* to show video and being unable to, because so much video out in the world won't work with Kitkat, or barely wll at best.

New hardware often requires new software. The tab pro 8.4 is a dual dsi device that is on the bleeding edge of what is supported.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is dual DSI?

I understand that the n-1 support is difficult, especially given how long folks often have to lobby to get source code. I still empathize with the OP, though - if I want to run an older linux on newer hardware, I very often can. I may sacrifice a feature or three, but it would be nice if Android supported doing that as well.

I will be shocked if anyone tries

There's the thing - as far as I know, folks with build tools and knowhow aren't that interested in trying.

My impression is that it's ultimately down to the difficulty of getting source for hardware drivers, to support building without dependencies on newer system features. A lot of times, though, it's expressed along the lines of "what idiot would want to do that?" - and the transition to Kitkat is starting to highlight some areas where the newer OS seems incremental at best, and for many, purely lateral.

Last edited:

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
[quote name="crpalmer" post=51964976]New hardware often requires new software. The tab pro 8.4 is a dual dsi device that is on the bleeding edge of what is supported.
<br />
<br />
Pardon my ignorance, but what is dual DSI? <br />
<br />
I understand that the n-1 support is difficult, especially given how long folks often have to lobby to get source code. I still empathize with the OP, though - if I want to run an older linux on newer hardware, I very often can. I may sacrifice a feature or three, but it would be nice if Android supported doing that as well.<br />
<br />
[/QUOTE]

Dual dsi means that your big lovely pixel rich screen is actually two screens that are so carefully aligned that you can't tell and android is splitting the display between the two screens.

This is very new (for the CM 11 build I had to pull in fixes that were newer than what CM was currently supporting) and whether or not people want to try to port and older android, I would be shocked if someone did so successfully.