[WP7 KITCHEN] OS Builder V1.4.236 FULL (01.12.2012)

Search This thread

heishanxiaoyao

Jun 20, 2008
北京
wp.feng91.com
OSBuilder V 1.4.205 (16.04.2012) changelog:

1. New settings form
2. More responsive UI
3. WMSTORE rom format support.
4. Significantly updated D000FF support. Thanks, Andim! !!!Be VERY careful with maximum ROM size!!!
5. Automatic o32_dataptr fixing - important for system updates
6. WP7 DSM support improved. New module size calculation subroutine.
7. WP7 page pool changing support. (!) You have to keep original not patched NK, otherwise pool won't be changed during building.
8. Package file browser performance improved.
9. Simple algorithm against ROMs with hexed headers added. No need to use such protections anymore.
10. Language packages sorting function added to CIF/SOF editor.
11. RGU: Now OSB ignores most of errors OEMs and MS got used to.
12. SLDR certs edit button.

Thank you very much!

Lumia800 error!:(

Unknown XIP compression type

111854ojq7fooiku5x7f2k.jpg

111854mucgp6ozuffyfv66.jpg

unpack the "esco" file,rename the "boot.img" to "os.payload",it's OK!:)

Last edited:
Reactions: rayph_xu

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
I don't know if this is just a fluke but I built a ROM with the new version (a ROM that I had already cooked and built just fine with the previous build) using an osb file from the previous build and the ROM wouldn't boot on the device and it also messed up to logo partition because I had trouble getting back into MAGLDR. Then I double checked all the settings and everything looked ok so I clicked 'Ok' and rebuilt the ROM and then it worked. So maybe when using an old .osb it's best to just open settings once then save.

Last edited:

aramadsanar

Aug 3, 2011
hi barin,

your osbuilder is a great app. but, i found it tough to use. do you have any documentation or tutotial of this app's usage so i can use this app? And, what is a template? and how do i make it, because i can't build my rom without template

Thanks

Last edited:

taki7610

Sep 20, 2006
Viet Nam
www.pdaviet.net
hi team cook rom, i use OS builder dump os ship mango : RUU_Mondrian_S_Cingular_US_4.03.502.00_5.69.09.05a_22.50.50_RELEASE, i want add registry "DeveloperUnlockState" but not ok, sori i start learn cook rom for WP7, please help me. Thank so much.

Last edited:

ultrashot

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
hi team cook rom, i use OS builder dump os ship mango : RUU_Mondrian_S_Cingular_US_4.03.502.00_5.69.09.05a_22.50.50_RELEASE, i want add registry "DeveloperUnlockState" but not ok, sori i start learn cook rom for WP7, please help me. Thank so much.
Take a look at other packages.

i've dumped them all, but, no signs of the template is available

and, when i press the play button, it returns "template not available" :|
Have you pressed "Create packages" button during dumping?

Reactions: taki7610

-=Barin=-

Retired Recognized Developer
May 5, 2008
OSBuilder V 1.4.206 (21.04.2012) changelog:

1. Dump tool supports esco files completely. You don't need to extract boot.img from esco files youself. Just open original esco file in Dump tool.
2. Minor improvements in Complex RGU

tobbbie

Jan 5, 2007
Stuttgart
I hardly dare to speak up here with my oldtime devices - but HDOwner's thread was not updated with the new versions yet.

How much do < WP7 cooks profit from these versions? I have identified only RGU handling as a potential improvement (or reason for different behaving builds).

EDIT: it was - but no new post to keep anyone reminded that there was a change :) I will move over there again and leave you playing with these new toys

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all!
    I want to present the tool which can port/rebuild XIP (NK) and build IMGFS partition file for Windows Phone 7 with real registry recompiling and relocations according to WP7 memory model.
    It can also build NB (D000FF and WMSTORE containers) and NBH files for HTC WP7 devices (tested on HTC HD2, HTC HD7, HTC Mozart, HTC Radar, HTC Titan).

This thread is the continuation of OSBuilder for WM topic. The future discussion about WP7 ROM assembling by means of OsBuilder will take place over here

Thanks again to the team (AndrewSh, Feropont, Vladimir1973, lucifer3006) - for the support, for the tests, for your work!
    Special thanks to HD2Owner for enthusiasm and his titanic work in testing WP7mode.
    Thanks a lot to AnDim for his tenderness and important information provided.

Sincerely,
    Barin and Ultrashot

Tutorial videos:
    How to dump NBH
    How to work with registry
    How to work with packages.sof/packages.cif
    to be continued...

[POLL] What new features do you want to have in OsBuilder future releases

Changelog - OS Builder V1.3.187 FULL (03.11.2011)

1. Fixed issue with deleting a parameter defined in boot.rgu, if the removing directive was stored in other packages - the post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18251257&postcount=564

The second step to full WP7 support
    2. Relocation engine is totally redesigned. (Hats off to Ultrashot for valuable help with WP7 modules Z .reloc sections)
    3. Added possibility of porting/rebuilding XIP (NK) and the assembling IMGFS partition file for Windows Phone 7 with real registry recompiling and relocations according to WP7memory model (tested on HTC HD2, HTC HD7 and HTC Mozart. Credit for tests goes to Feropont and HD2Owner)

I want to warn that the registry files have to be checked by registry preview, because there is a hell of syntax errors in the original registry. Frankly, it seems (IMHO) that first the registry was generated and then some comments for dumb and mistakes were added.
    Registry Preview will define incorrect lines to help you to fix that. The most common errors are:
    - Parameter name without the quotes
    - The comments are not marked with a semicolon or marked with colon.
    - HEX type values end with point (the last or the only parameter line)
    - The value MULTI_SZ contains comments between the lines parameter
    - Existence of Directives for conditional compilation IF ... END (it's not a mistake, but currently these directives are not processed, so you should label them as a comment)

4. The dsm-editor has now the feature to set/clear Z-flags for modules.
    Warning! This flag is used for WP7 XIP modules only if the RW section of a module must be located within the boundaries of RAMStart-RAMFree (nk.exe, kernel.dll, kitl_noplat.dll and similar)
    5. For WP7 - Added ability to edit the file MsDefaultcerts.dat (see Additional Tools)
    6. For WP7- Added ability to edit files CoreOS.dat and initobj.dat (see Additional Tools)
    7. Added ability to automatically insert a certificate which will sign files while assembling DefaultCerts.dat and MsDefaultCerts.dat (for WP7) - see the settings in Build Dump and ROM. The original files stay untouched.
    8. XIP Port settings - added the list of additional MS packages (for WP7). When porting WP7 XIP, the packages specified in this list will be replaced with donor packages.

At the moment, we can safely add the following packages to this list:
    BaseDrivers_NK
    CCFGSVC
    GFX_NK
    KFPCRT
    Watson_Core
    WinCENLS

9. In Configuration and packages tab of Setting - added the option "Always include 0409packages." If your WP7kitchen allows the language selection, it is recommended to use this option enabled to include English-language packages by default to your ROM, otherwise there is risk to get non-bootable ROM.
    10. Added - the ability to build NB files (! For the moment only D000FF container !, NB assembling for the new _wmstore structure devices is not supported yet) and NBH files for WP7
    To build NB you should have the original NB and should define the way to it in Build ROM settings, for example ".\NB\OS.nb". Unfortunately, to get rid of the original NB is not yet possible, but the work is in process. Hats off to AnDim for help and information provided. NBH build configuration settings are similar to the previous version, except that the CID tab can contain multiple values (each value in a separate line)
    Warning! If you plan to use for cooking WP7 dump obtained by earlier versions of OSBuilder, I would strongly recommend you to dump again, and to copy the new ROM template \ ROM.tpl to your kitchen. The new template will contain additional service information, which was not recorded in earlier versions of OSBuilder

11. OSBuilder is fully backward compatible with WM6.x kitchens, (it was a big deal btw, but it was implemented). When you open the kitchen OSBuilder automatically detects the required mode WM6/WP7.
    This compatibility will remain for the future, but no new features for WM kitchens will be added. OSBuilder WM Kitchens Development is terminated due to the termination of WM6.5.x development from MS side.

Thanks again to the team (AndrewSh, Feropont, Vladimir1973) - for the support, for the tests, for your work!
    Special thanks to HD2Owner for enthusiasm and his titanic work in testing WP7mode.
    Thanks a lot to AnDim for his tenderness and important information provided.

Sincerely,
    Barin and Ultrashot
    OSBuilder V 1.4.205 (16.04.2012) changelog:

1. New settings form
    2. More responsive UI
    3. WMSTORE rom format support.
    4. Significantly updated D000FF support. Thanks, Andim! !!!Be VERY careful with maximum ROM size!!!
    5. Automatic o32_dataptr fixing - important for system updates
    6. WP7 DSM support improved. New module size calculation subroutine.
    7. WP7 page pool changing support. (!) You have to keep original not patched NK, otherwise pool won't be changed during building.
    8. Package file browser performance improved.
    9. Simple algorithm against ROMs with hexed headers added. No need to use such protections anymore.
    10. Language packages sorting function added to CIF/SOF editor.
    11. RGU: Now OSB ignores most of errors OEMs and MS got used to.
    12. SLDR certs edit button.

ATTENTION! There are some new settings for D000FF generator! Please open settings window, check all settings (ROM files and formats) and the save settings.
    OSBuilder V 1.4.223 (02.10.2012) changelog:

1. "Copy path to clipboard" item is added to Package context menu.
    2. Files with nbh, nb, esco, nb0, payload, ffu extensions are associated with Dump Tool. Warning! Dump Tool works only with FFU WP7 files. All attempts to open FFU WP8 files will return error.
    3. For WP7 second generation devices: logo file generator is added to Tools/Built-In.
    4. Added ability (Additional tools) to view the policy.xml files (like provxml files - processing order and editing)
    5. Added context menu of the kitchen root folder path (lower left corner of the main window) – possibility to open in a file manager or the command line, also possibility to copy the path to the clipboard
    6. DSM Editor: added ability to set flags Boot hive and Allow Downgrade. Also added the opportunity to set the flags DIFF and DEL for FileEntry
    7. In Tools/Built-In: added Cab Builder, allowing to create Cab file from the folder with files and to sign it with the certificate.
    8. In Settings: changed an option to automatically include 0409 packages to rom. Now it's 0409/0809
    9. A hell of internal changes in routines of processing and assembling