[MOD] [10DEC] ExtSd2InternalSd v8|Increase your data storage|100% Working|

Search This thread

mattiadj

May 22, 2010
Francavilla al mare
STOP! THIS MOD IS ONLY FOR SAMSUNG ROM! NOT WORKING ON ASOP, CM OR OTHER!MAY BE IN FUTURE!IF YOU WANT YOU CAN TRY THIS APP FROM MY FRIEND CODLAB AND REPORT

Hello folks,
i'm new of gs3 but not of android. I'm a php developer and I like to play with my android devices and Linux but I'm surely not a king on Linux :) little more than a newbie :)

But first of all i want to describe the scenario:

THE PROBLEM
Since in the past i had a desire hd and i had a normal management of internal memory and sd as separate process my problem is to have a similar management on my gs3. Also i have 16gb version of gs3 and i want install a lot of apps!!! Also i have a 64gb sd card available. I have noticed that my gs3 installs all on internal sd also and apps download all their resources on internal sd. So with some heavy games and heavy app the internal memory became quickly full!!!

THE SOLUTION
My aim so became to use the external sd as internal sd and internal sd ONLY for apps installation so became used as internal memory!
And... yes after a while i have to make this working!!! So now my 64gb external sd is used for all tasks which the internal sd was used and the internal sd is only used for apps storage!! All extra files (resources, caches, etc etc) are stored in my external SD!!

Also if i want to see the internal memory management i can see that now my phone has 64gb internal memory and 16gb external!! WOOW :)

HOW TO GET IT >>> VERY SIMPLE

Thanks to ashwin123 for this amazing video

Download latest ExtSd2InternalSd

WHAT YOU NEED
  • International galaxy s3 with root, insicure kernel and kernel with init.d support
  • External sd card class 4 or superior. (you can try with class 2 also and tell us how it goes)
  • Rom with init.d support (if not init.d support see below)
  • My file attached

THE GUIDE
First of all make a nandroid backup!! I'm not responsable for any problem! You make this procedure at your risk!!!
  1. Format external sd card from your pc as fat32 or extfat
  2. Copy attached zip in you external sd. Choose the right zip. If you have formatted your sd as fat32 choose _fat32 version, if the filesystem is extfat choose _extfat version
  3. Go into recovery
  4. Flash the zip for your sd card file system
  5. Reboot and....enjoy your memory increase!!!!

IMPORTANT NOTES:
  • If you want to access to your INTERNAL SD you have to go with astro or ES filemangaer into /sdcard/intSdCard/0. Take attention to go into intSdCard
  • After the flash, please copy all content of /sdcard/intSdCard/0 to /sdcard to avoid file conflicts and files lost.
  • When you plug the phone to pc, the first sd is the external and you can access internal into intSdCard/0. DON'T TOUCH SECOND PARTITION SHOWED!

HOW CAN I CHECK IF ALL IS OK?
Is very simple.
  • With a file explorer with root ability go into /sdcard. Check If in this location you can see your files of your EXTERNAL SD card and check if you can see in /sdcard/intSdCard/0 the content of INTERNAL sd

If you want to remove the mod with a file explorer with root ability, delete the file 11extsd2internalsd from etc/init.d folder

IF YOU HAVE ISSUES
Please report:
  • Rom and kernel in use
  • the file system of external SD card and attach here
  • the log file stored in data/extsd2internalsd

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR DEV/ROM COOKER/WHO WANT'S TO PORT MY MOD
If you want to use the ExtSd2InternalSd in your ROM, give proper credit and a HTML link to this thread.
Do not modify it, do not rebrand it: the name is ExtSd2InternalSd

Modification and redistribution of the attached script is not permitted at all without permission of Mattiadj member
This means that you cannot feel free to zip up the attached script with other tweaks and this means that it is not be edited and shared.

WARNING for USERS: If you use or encounter a ROM with the ExtSd2InternalSd without proper credit given and no ExtSd2InternalSdr source links, please make the Developer aware of it, and if necessary, please let me know about it. Thank you.

Personal Use: You may tweak the ExtSd2InternalSd (leaving credits intact) to your own personal liking as long as it is NOT redistributed in any way.

If you like my job, buy me a beer :)

Now....feedback, feedback and feedback! :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-07-14-10-50-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-14-10-50-37.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 100,990
  • Screenshot_2012-07-14-10-50-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-14-10-50-44.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 98,692
Last edited:

nfsmw_gr

Dec 25, 2010
Salamina,Greece
www.facebook.com
I have been looking for this since the first day i got this phone!!!(16gb version)
God bless you mate!God bless you!!! :D

One question!Will this work with cm9?
I has init.d support,i have cmw and class 10 32gb samsung microsd! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: puta merda

mattiadj

May 22, 2010
Francavilla al mare
I have been looking for this since the first day i got this phone!!!(16gb version)
God bless you mate!God bless you!!! :D

One question!Will this work with cm9?
I has init.d support,i have cmw and class 10 32gb samsung microsd! :)

Thanks mate!
I haven't tested it with cm9 but you can try and report :)

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

ctpan23

Dec 17, 2011
i am looking for this actually ,my internal memory gonna full ..just in time can test it our see how it goes !
Thanks .

Last edited:
Reactions: malazan_ak

nfsmw_gr

Dec 25, 2010
Salamina,Greece
www.facebook.com
Νοοοοοοοοο....:(
It dosn't work on cm9!It shows the same space in both storages(even though my external sd is empty?!).
Thank's though!
I wish you could make it work on cm9!If you are planning to try,i'm offering to be a tester! :D

ahac85

Aug 7, 2010
Hi what would happen if we were to do a factory reset, Would.it.wipe the external sd as usually internal sd is wiped?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Reactions: malazan_ak

mattiadj

May 22, 2010
Francavilla al mare
Νο;;ο;;ο;;ο;;ο;;ο;;ο;;ο;;ο;;....:(
It dosn't work on cm9!It shows the same space in both storages(even though my external sd is empty?!).
Thank's though!
I wish you could make it work on cm9!If you are planning to try,i'm offering to be a tester! :D

Yes i need tester :) can you tell me what have you in /dev/block/vold folder?

Of course before see it please delete the file from init.d folder then reboot.

mattiadj

May 22, 2010
Francavilla al mare
Hi what would happen if we were to do a factory reset, Would.it.wipe the external sd as usually internal sd is wiped?

The wipe is a question of recovery. Also factory reset and and data format don't touch in any case external and internal sd.
I suggest to use recovery modified to see external sd and not the stock one.

ahac85

Aug 7, 2010
The wipe is a question of recovery. Also factory reset and and data format don't touch in any case external and internal sd.
I suggest to use recovery modified to see external sd and not the stock one.

Hi I meant factory reset in setting menu not recovery

mattiadj

May 22, 2010
Francavilla al mare
Would this work for MIUI roms. Tempted to buy an 64gb sd card...

I haven't tried on miui. If you want you can try and report

Great!!
I have two files in there!
One named 179:16 and one named 179:17!
Do you want me to upload them too? :)

Try to flash this file and tell me mate

http://db.tt/J1MU5t1B

this could not be used for other phones or is it just for the sgs3

This version is only for international version of gs3

Reactions: jetbruceli

mattiadj

May 22, 2010
Francavilla al mare
Mr. mattiadj, I'm glad to see you again here after DHD...:)
You are great guy and helpful.
Nice project here!
Keep up mate...;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Elia how are you? I'm glad too to see you again! I have just sell my dhd. I missed sense... Really miss it but the power of sg3 is something of Incredible!!

Thanks for all.

eliashadow

Nov 1, 2010
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus
Elia how are you? I'm glad too to see you again! I have just sell my dhd. I missed sense... Really miss it but the power of sg3 is something of Incredible!!

Thanks for all.

I'm feeling the same about sense...but I'm used without cause i had GNote before sgiii...
The good part is that the project with sense porting is closed...:)
So, guys, trust mattias.He's a great guy and dev.

I will closed to you my friend...
Cheers...:D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: mattiadj

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    STOP! THIS MOD IS ONLY FOR SAMSUNG ROM! NOT WORKING ON ASOP, CM OR OTHER!MAY BE IN FUTURE!IF YOU WANT YOU CAN TRY THIS APP FROM MY FRIEND CODLAB AND REPORT

Hello folks,
    i'm new of gs3 but not of android. I'm a php developer and I like to play with my android devices and Linux but I'm surely not a king on Linux :) little more than a newbie :)

But first of all i want to describe the scenario:

THE PROBLEM
    Since in the past i had a desire hd and i had a normal management of internal memory and sd as separate process my problem is to have a similar management on my gs3. Also i have 16gb version of gs3 and i want install a lot of apps!!! Also i have a 64gb sd card available. I have noticed that my gs3 installs all on internal sd also and apps download all their resources on internal sd. So with some heavy games and heavy app the internal memory became quickly full!!!

THE SOLUTION
    My aim so became to use the external sd as internal sd and internal sd ONLY for apps installation so became used as internal memory!
    And... yes after a while i have to make this working!!! So now my 64gb external sd is used for all tasks which the internal sd was used and the internal sd is only used for apps storage!! All extra files (resources, caches, etc etc) are stored in my external SD!!

Also if i want to see the internal memory management i can see that now my phone has 64gb internal memory and 16gb external!! WOOW :)

HOW TO GET IT >>> VERY SIMPLE

Thanks to ashwin123 for this amazing video

Download latest ExtSd2InternalSd

WHAT YOU NEED
    • International galaxy s3 with root, insicure kernel and kernel with init.d support
    • External sd card class 4 or superior. (you can try with class 2 also and tell us how it goes)
    • Rom with init.d support (if not init.d support see below)
    • My file attached

THE GUIDE
    First of all make a nandroid backup!! I'm not responsable for any problem! You make this procedure at your risk!!!
    1. Format external sd card from your pc as fat32 or extfat
    2. Copy attached zip in you external sd. Choose the right zip. If you have formatted your sd as fat32 choose _fat32 version, if the filesystem is extfat choose _extfat version
    3. Go into recovery
    4. Flash the zip for your sd card file system
    5. Reboot and....enjoy your memory increase!!!!

IMPORTANT NOTES:
    • If you want to access to your INTERNAL SD you have to go with astro or ES filemangaer into /sdcard/intSdCard/0. Take attention to go into intSdCard
    • After the flash, please copy all content of /sdcard/intSdCard/0 to /sdcard to avoid file conflicts and files lost.
    • When you plug the phone to pc, the first sd is the external and you can access internal into intSdCard/0. DON'T TOUCH SECOND PARTITION SHOWED!

HOW CAN I CHECK IF ALL IS OK?
    Is very simple.
    • With a file explorer with root ability go into /sdcard. Check If in this location you can see your files of your EXTERNAL SD card and check if you can see in /sdcard/intSdCard/0 the content of INTERNAL sd

If you want to remove the mod with a file explorer with root ability, delete the file 11extsd2internalsd from etc/init.d folder

IF YOU HAVE ISSUES
    Please report:
    • Rom and kernel in use
    • the file system of external SD card and attach here
    • the log file stored in data/extsd2internalsd

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR DEV/ROM COOKER/WHO WANT'S TO PORT MY MOD
    If you want to use the ExtSd2InternalSd in your ROM, give proper credit and a HTML link to this thread.
    Do not modify it, do not rebrand it: the name is ExtSd2InternalSd

Modification and redistribution of the attached script is not permitted at all without permission of Mattiadj member
    This means that you cannot feel free to zip up the attached script with other tweaks and this means that it is not be edited and shared.

WARNING for USERS: If you use or encounter a ROM with the ExtSd2InternalSd without proper credit given and no ExtSd2InternalSdr source links, please make the Developer aware of it, and if necessary, please let me know about it. Thank you.

Personal Use: You may tweak the ExtSd2InternalSd (leaving credits intact) to your own personal liking as long as it is NOT redistributed in any way.

If you like my job, buy me a beer :)

Now....feedback, feedback and feedback! :)
    Hello Guys!
    As promised new v5 is online!

This is the changelog:

1) Fixed issues with same size of internal and external memory
    2) Fixed issue of double media files in gallery
    3) From v5 external sd is also mounted at /mnt/extSdCard/external_sd/sdcard1 and so players, apps, and all software which scan this mount point can access the external sd!
    4) Fully compatible with latest SGS3 easy UMS!!!! So now you can mount in UMS your external SD and increase your trasfer speed!!!

Keep in mind that from v5 after the boot of phone you have to wait 80seconds since script needs 80seconds to be fully executed!

For note2 user: i'm opening a new thread in note2 dev area..all questions about note2 must be listed in the appropriate thread!
    New v6 online

Changelog:
    Code:
    1) New method: special thanks to infx for idea and script
    2)Universal: not important kernel or sdcard fs
    3)Ums fully compatible!
    4)Double media in gallery fixed
    5)Internal memory now accessible form /storage/ExtSdCard
    6)Fixed all problem for slow sdcard, the script now wait for the sdcard is in and fully working
    7)much more fixes!

UPGRADE PROCEDURE:
    Flash the zip two times: reboot into recovery then flash first time. Then WIHOUT LEAVE FROM RECOVERY flash again! Reboot

If you have problems (like duplicates or both size external and internal ecc ecc, BEFORE post try to wipe cache, davilk cache and clear gallery data.

Enjoy and report
    Great new!! New version is relased
    For all people with problems with the combo Omega + ExtSd2InternalSd + Boeffla-Kernel 3.x I have made the new version which fix all problems.

Changelog:
    • Code more clean and optmized
    • Better compatibility with all TW based ROMS
    • Better compatibility with all Kernel
    • Added log info to debug in case of problems
    • Script more faster and optmized

Enjoy
    I don't need.this. but dam this is good work.
    A lot of ppl has been crying over not having something like this.
    Great work