[Q] HellKat Rom Question.

Search This thread
So I am posting this here because my username is too new and I can not place this on the correct forums.

I downloaded the HellKat ROM [ http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/development/rom-official-4-4-2-hellkat-mako-t2606098 ] The ROM is working just fine, except for one miner thing.

and I did mess with the DPI settings in the interface a bit, just to fit more items on my screens. When I change the wallpaper to one from Gallery, or the built in ones, the paper saves as super zoomed, and way far to the left. I am wondering if there is anything I can do to fix this? Can I use the app settings app? and change the android wallpaper cropper DPI settings? I am left confused.

I came from a 4.2 Jelly Beer build, and it was not like that. I am sure there is a easy fix for this, This ROM is my new daily rider, although I have not updated it due to others experiencing issues with later builds.

I thank you for your help, and for taking the time to read this post. If there is any way to have this moved to the correct thread, it would be greatly appreciated. I would like to make sure the correct dev reads in to this.

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
So I am posting this here because my username is too new and I can not place this on the correct forums.

I downloaded the HellKat ROM [ http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/development/rom-official-4-4-2-hellkat-mako-t2606098 ] The ROM is working just fine, except for one miner thing.

and I did mess with the DPI settings in the interface a bit, just to fit more items on my screens. When I change the wallpaper to one from Gallery, or the built in ones, the paper saves as super zoomed, and way far to the left. I am wondering if there is anything I can do to fix this? Can I use the app settings app? and change the android wallpaper cropper DPI settings? I am left confused.

I came from a 4.2 Jelly Beer build, and it was not like that. I am sure there is a easy fix for this, This ROM is my new daily rider, although I have not updated it due to others experiencing issues with later builds.

I thank you for your help, and for taking the time to read this post. If there is any way to have this moved to the correct thread, it would be greatly appreciated. I would like to make sure the correct dev reads in to this.

My solution was to install Holo Launcher HD. It may or may not work for you. In conjunction with that, I use Quickpic to set the wallpaper.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3

Reactions: TallGuyJones

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
I did not change to holo launcher, i enjoy the modded trebuchet launcher that comes in the ROM. I changed my wallpaper with you other option and I think it is the same still.

If you have the zoom fix settings then it will solve the problem. This is what keeps me from using any other launcher.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391616555102.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391616555102.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: TallGuyJones

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

My solution was to install Holo Launcher HD. It may or may not work for you. In conjunction with that, I use Quickpic to set the wallpaper.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
    I did not change to holo launcher, i enjoy the modded trebuchet launcher that comes in the ROM. I changed my wallpaper with you other option and I think it is the same still.

If you have the zoom fix settings then it will solve the problem. This is what keeps me from using any other launcher.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    I do not have that setting, maybe this is just something I have to deal with until the creator fixes it...

U need to use a different launcher the gallery default DPI is different that the dpi your using.. U can try wallpaper apps that have scaling build in like picspeed.. But just download nova and you'll be fine