[APP]Perfect Viewer 1.4.5 - The fastest comic/image viewer on Android

Search This thread

paladinlin

Dec 15, 2008
sites.google.com
Perfect Viewer is a very fast image/comic viewer. This software is design for viewing image/comic from sdcard.

Features

• Support image file format: JPEG,PNG,GIF,BMP

• Support archive file format: CBZ/ZIP,CBR/RAR,7Z/CB7(No solid archive)

• Image resize method : Actual size,Fit to screen,Fit to width,Fit to height,Manual

• Image resample method: Averaging, Bilinear, Bicubic, Lanczos3

• Pinch to zoom & Fling gesture supported

• Thumbnail browse

• Set as wallpaper

• Bookmark management

• Support left-to-right or right-to-left reading

• Cache next and previous page

• Split two-page scan into single-page automatically

Known issues
  • This software requires a lot of memory to open image file. If memory not enough while open image/archive may force close by OS.
Free memory recommend at least 50MB before startup
  • If file not support will display black screen.

Download
1.Download from Market

2.QR Code
attachment.php

3.Download APK directly

Screenshot
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Changelog

2011/01/25 Version 1.4.5
  • Added page transition effect
  • Added slideshow function
  • Added backlight control(Need turn off auto backlight)
  • Image smaller than screen now can scale to fit the screen
  • Thumbnail can choose full or crop(Need restart)
  • Tweaked pinch-to-zoom
  • Added support Tegra2 CPU(No FPU optimize). Need test Tegra2 user please give some feedback
  • Other minor tweak & bugs fixed

2011/01/11 Version 1.4a
  • Added option to disable fling gesture
  • Fixed Show file extensions option
  • Fixed some device FC problem

2011/01/11 Version 1.4a

2011/01/06 Version 1.4
  • Supported scrolling & flip with fling(swipe) gesture
  • Supported scrolling with trackball
  • Supported APP2SD
  • Added file sort(file name,date,size)
  • Added show hidden files(Default off)
  • Added show file extensions(Default off)
  • Added fullscreen toggle in preferences(Default on)
  • Move Assign key function to main menu and removed Show screen function
  • Long tap history or bookmark item can delete it
  • Added data clean in main menu to clean history,bookmarks & favorites
  • Other minor tweak bugs fixed

2010/12/18 Version 1.3.2
  • Changed create thumbnail behavior
  • Thumbnail cache store as JPEG for reduce memory usage
  • Thumbnail cache limited to 5MB
  • Added goto upper folder when open file browser(Default off)
  • Fixed set as wallpaper not functional
  • Fixed may cause force close in create thumbnail
  • Fixed may cause force close in startup

2010/12/11 Version 1.3.1
  • Added simple file operation(delete,rename) in file browser by long tap item.
  • New application icon
  • Fixed Sharp IS01 can't full screen(need test)

2010/12/09 Version 1.3a
  • Fixed history menu problem
  • Fixed rotate screen in file browser may cause force close

2010/12/08 Version 1.3
  • Added support GIF (non animated) and BMP image file
  • NEON optimized JPEG and PNG decoder, Improved 10 ~ 50% decode speed on ARMv7 CPU
  • Added thumbnail display in file browser (don't use it if memory not enough)
  • Added Averaging v2 for image resampling
  • Added low memory mode, Reduce the memory usage while decoding JPEG file, but it reduces the image quality too
  • Added wallpaper setting function
  • Added Quick Setup feature
  • New file name sort method (sort file name like windows explorer)
  • Renamed the bookmark to favorites, and added new simple bookmark function
  • 7z file now supports Deflate streaming
  • History now integrated into the main menu
  • Minimum require OS version back to 1.6, but multi-touch features still need 2.1+
  • Other minor bugs fixed

2010/11/12 Version 1.2
  • All brand new menu interface
  • Added bookmark management
  • Added pinch-to-zoom support
  • Minimum require OS version up to 2.1
  • Added keep screen backlight on(Need restart)
  • Added auto rotate screen(Need restart)
  • Other minor bugs fixed

2010/10/27 Version 1.1b
  • Fixed auto open last file and history will forward 1 page with archive
  • Fixed View menu selected item is incorrect.

2010/10/21 Version 1.1a
  • Fixed auto open last file is incorrect with archive
  • Minimum require OS version back to 1.6

2010/10/20 Version 1.1
  • Added support 7z archive file (only lzma format)
  • Added automatic single-page feature (default off). Split two-page scan into single-page automatically
  • Added keep touch region position when switch screen orientation
  • Added shows page/file name (Default off)
  • Fixed switch screen orientation may cause force close problem

2010/10/06 Version 1.0
  • Added support ARMv6 CPU
  • Improved ARMv7 CPU performance
  • Added show message when busy
  • Adjust the drag to determine the conditions
  • Improved Goto function performance
  • Fixed some action may cause no responding
  • Added Japanese support

Attachments

• FileBrowser.jpg
    FileBrowser.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 44,709
  • MainMenu.jpg
    MainMenu.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 44,780
  • MainView.jpg
    MainView.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 44,515
  • chart.png
    chart.png
    806 bytes · Views: 44,787
Last edited:

SEMPITERNAL

Jul 23, 2010
great release paladinlin l thanks
i want to try it!

Edit:
Photo scrolling not work on my Xperia X10!

Last edited:

raynerape

Aug 12, 2009
Sofia
Feature Requests:
* Please consider an application icon that reflects the comic-centric nature of this reader.
* Right-To-Left Manga reading was chosen as default, should be Left-To-Right, or have a dialog asking the user what he reads most frequently mangas or US comics, and choose accordingly.
* When going to the next page, please move the page to the top corner, right now it moves to the center of the next page. Same for previous page.
* Option to force screen on all the time while reading
* Option to force screen brightness while reading
* Option to show low battery warning while reading
* Pinch-to-zoom - it's just too convenient and expected by users
* Homescreen Widget 2x2/3x3 - the latest opened comic book/page. Shows the latest opened/read page, and in its corner a smaller thumb of that comic book's cover. Also info about the name and the page number, both optional from widget settings.
* Playlist (Reading Order) management.
* Shortcuts - create Playlist or a Folder into a screen shortcut. When clicked, move to the latest opened comic on it's latest read page from that Playlist or Folder.

Do most of these (Playlist may require more effort but is worth it) and slap a 2.99$ price, and I'll buy it immediately.

paladinlin

Dec 15, 2008
sites.google.com
Feature Requests:
* Please consider an application icon that reflects the comic-centric nature of this reader.
* Right-To-Left Manga reading was chosen as default, should be Left-To-Right, or have a dialog asking the user what he reads most frequently mangas or US comics, and choose accordingly.
* When going to the next page, please move the page to the top corner, right now it moves to the center of the next page. Same for previous page.
* Option to force screen on all the time while reading
* Option to force screen brightness while reading
* Option to show low battery warning while reading
* Pinch-to-zoom - it's just too convenient and expected by users
* Homescreen Widget 2x2/3x3 - the latest opened comic book/page. Shows the latest opened/read page, and in its corner a smaller thumb of that comic book's cover. Also info about the name and the page number, both optional from widget settings.
* Playlist (Reading Order) management.
* Shortcuts - create Playlist or a Folder into a screen shortcut. When clicked, move to the latest opened comic on it's latest read page from that Playlist or Folder.

Do most of these (Playlist may require more effort but is worth it) and slap a 2.99$ price, and I'll buy it immediately.

Thank you for your suggestion.

1.I'm a programmer not art designer. So my art sense is not enough to design a good icon. I'll try to think other design.
2.I make this software is mainly for read Japanese comic(Manga). So I make Right-To-Left as default. Maybe show a dialog to let user choose on first startup is a good idea.
3.Yor may try set page origin to reading direction
Menu -> Browse -> Reading direction
4~7. I'll add these function in future.
8~10. I don't have plan to add these function currently. There is many other function need to add. Maybe I'll consider these when I completed other function.

raynerape

Aug 12, 2009
Sofia

1.I'm a programmer not art designer. So my art sense is not enough to design a good icon. I'll try to think other design.

XDA is rife with designer talent that is eager to work for quality projects, so maybe you should just look around and ask for art/theme designers to land a hand or provide assets for backgrounds, etc? You will be surprised just how much your app will be improved with proper artwork.

conejoblanco

Jul 30, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Very nice app, fast and powerful. I have been looking for a simple sequential image viewer like this since I got my Android phone and I've tried quite a few; this is the best I've seen yet.

What I like:
  • Fast interface
  • Customizable touch zones allow quick zooming and navigation
  • Good format support
  • Can browse into directories that start with a dot

A few improvements I'd like to suggest:
  • I like the option to select the resampling method, but nearest-neighbor doesn't look very good and the other options perform too slowly on my phone to be practical. Other image viewers (such as the default Gallery) seem to handle image scaling with a better quality/performance tradeoff. Also it seems like there is an off-by-one error when selecting the sampling method, when I select a method I always get the method just above the one I selected.
  • It would be nice if there was an option for automatically switching screen orientation when the phone is rotated. Also, when I switch orientation the app steps forward to the next page, I think it should stay on the same page.
  • I don't see a long-press action, that could be another configurable action. It might be useful to display the touch commands on long press in case you forget some of the less-used commands and need a reminder. Or it could be configured to execute some other action.
  • The app is not too big currently, but it is larger than some other similar apps. For example ACV is under 300KB.

All in all, great app! Thanks for releasing it and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it in the future.

paladinlin

Dec 15, 2008
sites.google.com
Very nice app, fast and powerful. I have been looking for a simple sequential image viewer like this since I got my Android phone and I've tried quite a few; this is the best I've seen yet.

What I like:
  • Fast interface
  • Good format support

• I like the option to select the resampling method, but nearest-neighbor doesn't look very good and the other options perform too slowly on my phone to be practical. Other image viewers (such as the default Gallery) seem to handle image scaling with a better quality/performance tradeoff. Also it seems like there is an off-by-one error when selecting the sampling method, when I select a method I always get the method just above the one I selected.
  • It would be nice if there was an option for automatically switching screen orientation when the phone is rotated. Also, when I switch orientation the app steps forward to the next page, I think it should stay on the same page.
  • I don't see a long-press action, that could be another configurable action. It might be useful to display the touch commands on long press in case you forget some of the less-used commands and need a reminder. Or it could be configured to execute some other action.
  • The app is not too big currently, but it is larger than some other similar apps. For example ACV is under 300KB.

All in all, great app! Thanks for releasing it and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it in the future.

1.You can choose Averaging method it's have normal image quality and fast.
And you found a bug I'll fix it soon.
2.Automatically switching screen orientation will be add in future. You found another bug I'll fix it soon.
3.I don't have plan to add long-press action currently.
4.Because this app is use native c++ library(libpng,libjpeg etc.) to handle image&archive files so will be a little bigger

Reactions: hiphope

INeedYourHelp

Mar 28, 2010
Can you make the app show thumbnail's of the jpg/png (not the comic book files)? This way, I can finally get rid of the android gallery app. I will gladly donate if this feature can be done.

PatcheZ

May 6, 2008
fantastic app!
lol, i think i've been using this more than any other as of late.
just wish it would render a little faster on anything other than 'averaging' and 'nearest-neighbor' as the quality of the others are much better, but don't think there's much you can do about that.

again, awesome!

picard1974

Dec 5, 2006
Hello,
I apologize in advance because English is not my native language.
I try to use your program in a tablet, SmartQ V7, with these features:
Android 2.1
600MHz ARM11 CPU
Memory 256MB DDR II RAM
Virtual Cache 128MB

The problem is that when you open the comic book closes automatically.
I tried the following:
Close all aplicaiones to free memory, free memory getting about 80 MB,
Turn off cache in settings

I would love to test your application as it is highly recommended.

Thank you very much

paladinlin

Dec 15, 2008
sites.google.com
Hello,
I apologize in advance because English is not my native language.
I try to use your program in a tablet, SmartQ V7, with these features:
Android 2.1
600MHz ARM11 CPU
Memory 256MB DDR II RAM
Virtual Cache 128MB

The problem is that when you open the comic book closes automatically.
I tried the following:
Close all aplicaiones to free memory, free memory getting about 80 MB,
Turn off cache in settings

I would love to test your application as it is highly recommended.

Thank you very much

If you got force close while open archive file, You can try to open a image file.
If image file is worked maybe you can send me the archive file for test.

raynerape

Aug 12, 2009
Sofia
Changelog

2010/11/12 Version 1.2
  • Other minor bugs fixed

Version 1.2 is a great improvement, the new UI is very smooth and has a profesional feel to it.

Still, there's one minor annoyance that's fairly easy to fix and will greatly improve my experience with your comic viewer. I like the slide command where instead changing the page, the screen slides down the page until it reaches the bottom, then changes the page. What I find annoying however is that the distance the screen slides is not configurable. It would be great if we can change the screen slide distance. The slide distance can be a value that chan be changed with a slider, or presets based on fractions of the page height, i.e. 1/5, 1/4, 1/3, and 1/2.

Sergio Nova

Oct 25, 2010
Thanks a lot.

I have Android as the operating system in my tablet (10" Eken M006). Before knowing Perfect Viewer, I would prefer my images in PDF, despite some problems, but now I have changed my mind. Your application has some interesting qualities (that Documents-To-Go lacks when opening PDF files):
1. It fits the image no matter the size of the previous one.
2. It remembers last viewed page.
3. The page does not rotate automatically, what is a bless. I suffer a lot when the page rotates by itself. It would be great if you added a "page rotating" function.

Page orientation is not the problem. I read many Western reading books, and pressing the screen on the left or the right side is indifferent.

The application will be even better if it could open other image formats, like GIF and BMP. If you could include PDF files, it would end up simply perfect.

Thanks a lot for the great job.

paladinlin

Dec 15, 2008
sites.google.com
Version 1.2 is a great improvement, the new UI is very smooth and has a profesional feel to it.

Still, there's one minor annoyance that's fairly easy to fix and will greatly improve my experience with your comic viewer. I like the slide command where instead changing the page, the screen slides down the page until it reaches the bottom, then changes the page. What I find annoying however is that the distance the screen slides is not configurable. It would be great if we can change the screen slide distance. The slide distance can be a value that chan be changed with a slider, or presets based on fractions of the page height, i.e. 1/5, 1/4, 1/3, and 1/2.

Thank you for your suggestion. But currently I have no plans to add this function. Maybe I'll consider it after complete other function.

I have Android as the operating system in my tablet (10" Eken M006). Before knowing Perfect Viewer, I would prefer my images in PDF, despite some problems, but now I have changed my mind. Your application has some interesting qualities (that Documents-To-Go lacks when opening PDF files):
1. It fits the image no matter the size of the previous one.
2. It remembers last viewed page.
3. The page does not rotate automatically, what is a bless. I suffer a lot when the page rotates by itself. It would be great if you added a "page rotating" function.

Page orientation is not the problem. I read many Western reading books, and pressing the screen on the left or the right side is indifferent.

The application will be even better if it could open other image formats, like GIF and BMP. If you could include PDF files, it would end up simply perfect.

Thanks a lot for the great job.

"page rotating" is already have. it call "Switch screen orientation" in main menu.
GIF and BMP support is in roadmap, But currently I have no plans to support PDF file.

Sergio Nova

Oct 25, 2010
Installation problems

"page rotating" is already have. it call "Switch screen orientation" in main menu.
GIF and BMP support is in roadmap, But currently I have no plans to support PDF file.

Every time I try to install the last version from the market, I receive a message saying the download failed. Do you know what is the problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Perfect Viewer is a very fast image/comic viewer. This software is design for viewing image/comic from sdcard.

Features

• Support image file format: JPEG,PNG,GIF,BMP

• Support archive file format: CBZ/ZIP,CBR/RAR,7Z/CB7(No solid archive)

• Image resize method : Actual size,Fit to screen,Fit to width,Fit to height,Manual

• Image resample method: Averaging, Bilinear, Bicubic, Lanczos3

• Pinch to zoom & Fling gesture supported

• Thumbnail browse

• Set as wallpaper

• Bookmark management

• Support left-to-right or right-to-left reading

• Cache next and previous page

• Split two-page scan into single-page automatically

Known issues
    • This software requires a lot of memory to open image file. If memory not enough while open image/archive may force close by OS.
    Free memory recommend at least 50MB before startup
    • If file not support will display black screen.

Download
    1.Download from Market

2.QR Code
    attachment.php

3.Download APK directly

Screenshot
    attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Changelog

2011/01/25 Version 1.4.5
    • Added page transition effect
    • Added slideshow function
    • Added backlight control(Need turn off auto backlight)
    • Image smaller than screen now can scale to fit the screen
    • Thumbnail can choose full or crop(Need restart)
    • Tweaked pinch-to-zoom
    • Added support Tegra2 CPU(No FPU optimize). Need test Tegra2 user please give some feedback
    • Other minor tweak & bugs fixed

2011/01/11 Version 1.4a

2011/01/11 Version 1.4a

2011/01/06 Version 1.4
    • Supported scrolling & flip with fling(swipe) gesture
    • Supported scrolling with trackball
    • Supported APP2SD
    • Added file sort(file name,date,size)
    • Added show hidden files(Default off)
    • Added show file extensions(Default off)
    • Added fullscreen toggle in preferences(Default on)
    • Move Assign key function to main menu and removed Show screen function
    • Long tap history or bookmark item can delete it
    • Added data clean in main menu to clean history,bookmarks & favorites
    • Other minor tweak bugs fixed

2010/12/18 Version 1.3.2
    • Changed create thumbnail behavior
    • Thumbnail cache store as JPEG for reduce memory usage
    • Thumbnail cache limited to 5MB
    • Added goto upper folder when open file browser(Default off)
    • Fixed set as wallpaper not functional
    • Fixed may cause force close in create thumbnail
    • Fixed may cause force close in startup

2010/12/11 Version 1.3.1
    • Added simple file operation(delete,rename) in file browser by long tap item.
    • New application icon
    • Fixed Sharp IS01 can't full screen(need test)

2010/12/09 Version 1.3a
    • Fixed history menu problem
    • Fixed rotate screen in file browser may cause force close

2010/12/08 Version 1.3
    • Added support GIF (non animated) and BMP image file
    • NEON optimized JPEG and PNG decoder, Improved 10 ~ 50% decode speed on ARMv7 CPU
    • Added thumbnail display in file browser (don't use it if memory not enough)
    • Added Averaging v2 for image resampling
    • Added low memory mode, Reduce the memory usage while decoding JPEG file, but it reduces the image quality too
    • Added wallpaper setting function
    • Added Quick Setup feature
    • New file name sort method (sort file name like windows explorer)
    • Renamed the bookmark to favorites, and added new simple bookmark function
    • 7z file now supports Deflate streaming
    • History now integrated into the main menu
    • Minimum require OS version back to 1.6, but multi-touch features still need 2.1+
    • Other minor bugs fixed

2010/11/12 Version 1.2
    • Other minor bugs fixed

2010/10/27 Version 1.1b
    • Fixed auto open last file and history will forward 1 page with archive
    • Fixed View menu selected item is incorrect.

2010/10/21 Version 1.1a
    • Fixed auto open last file is incorrect with archive
    • Minimum require OS version back to 1.6

2010/10/20 Version 1.1
    • Added support 7z archive file (only lzma format)
    • Added automatic single-page feature (default off). Split two-page scan into single-page automatically
    • Added keep touch region position when switch screen orientation
    • Added shows page/file name (Default off)
    • Fixed switch screen orientation may cause force close problem

2010/10/06 Version 1.0
    • Added support ARMv6 CPU
    • Improved ARMv7 CPU performance
    • Added show message when busy
    • Adjust the drag to determine the conditions
    • Improved Goto function performance
    • Fixed some action may cause no responding
    • Added Japanese support
    thanks (small request)

Maybe it's possible to do it but i have not find the way do to it yet

In Bookshelf it's possible to add a set fonction for series

exemple:

Tintin----
    |----tintin vol 1
    |----tintin vol 2
    |----tintin vol 3
    Other Magazine
    Obelix-------
    |----obelix vol 1
    |----obelix vol 2
    Other comic
    Spiderman
    etc...

So in Bookshelf you see only Tintin - Other Magazine - Obelix - Other comic - Spiderman
    but when you enter in Tintin you see tintin vol 1 vol2 vol 3

thanks
    hmm, i'll check it out. thanks.

What I like:
    • Fast interface
    • Good format support

1.You can choose Averaging method it's have normal image quality and fast.
    And you found a bug I'll fix it soon.
    2.Automatically switching screen orientation will be add in future. You found another bug I'll fix it soon.
    3.I don't have plan to add long-press action currently.
    4.Because this app is use native c++ library(libpng,libjpeg etc.) to handle image&archive files so will be a little bigger
    keep zoom

hi, a functionnality that would be awesome is to keep the zoom when changing page. The software is great but I need to always zoom when i change page. (i'm reading a pdf file and the font size is small)

thanks