[ROM] VaelPak 3.0 [01/01/11] - NonSense - [SBC-NOHAVSv8] - 3.70.651.1 OTA

Search This thread

johnpucillo

Sep 3, 2009
LBI, NJ
Hey Vael I flashed this bad boy this morning and have have great success with it. Like others I had an issue with Titanium. About halfway thru the batch process my phone took a dump but not before installing 75% of my apps. I just individually reinstalled the rest thru Titanium and haven't had an issue since. Battery is draining a bit quick but I haven't messed with the kernel yet. Don't think you wasted your weekend at least you know you made one flashaholic a very happy customer. Awesome work as usual bro

crimeslunk

Jul 23, 2010
Do you guys think I can just flash the unrevoked forever, then go into hboot with the pc36img.zip from sprint lovers 2 with the radio and wimax updates built in, then go and update everything in the settings then wipe and flash?

I've tried just about everything else. I was in the middle of trying the sprint lovers idea when I read your posts.

ttieder

Mar 7, 2010
Any way to get rid of the voiemail text that keeps coming

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

leenypost

Jan 21, 2010
Do you guys think I can just flash the unrevoked forever, then go into hboot with the pc36img.zip from sprint lovers 2 with the radio and wimax updates built in, then go and update everything in the settings then wipe and flash?

I've tried just about everything else. I was in the middle of trying the sprint lovers idea when I read your posts.

You can try it, but those radios you are flashing from sprint lovers are not unique to your phone and 4g always runs a small risk of getting bad keys that way. I would RUU personally instead. I prefer to minimize risk as much as possible.

Reactions: crimeslunk

androidn2evo

Jul 10, 2010
I just downloaded Drift mania Champions lite its about 40mb and my phone just reboots at VaelPak boot screen.
I tried a full reboot but still same issue. Any idea's?
Running Kernel Version htc-kernel@and 18-2 #15
Thanks

vaelek

Mar 13, 2007
Near Madison, WI
vaelek.com
Though initial beta testing seemed to go off without a hitch, the number of issues that have crept up since release are unacceptable. I am declaring 3.0 back in beta for now, and am going to look into either trying to fix up the problems, or say screw it and abandon my base, starting fresh with 3.70.

Quite disappointing :mad::mad::mad:

androidn2evo

Jul 10, 2010
Though initial beta testing seemed to go off without a hitch, the number of issues that have crept up since release are unacceptable. I am declaring 3.0 back in beta for now, and am going to look into either trying to fix up the problems, or say screw it and abandon my base, starting fresh with 3.70.

Quite disappointing :mad::mad::mad:

Thank you for all your time and hard work! It's all good hope you have a great holiday.

Richard_Danger

Aug 8, 2010
Baltimore
Vaelek,

I installed 3.0. Could not update my profile via phone updates. Also, I really do NOT like the evdo icon instead of the 3G icon (I assume it is simply replacing the icon and I am still on 3G). You need to bring the 3G icon back, the evdo icon is too confusing

Sent from my EVO4G using XDA App

Slater5508

Jul 23, 2008
Help needed

I flashed this rom and everything was good until I tried to use Titanium Backup to reinstall my apps. It would get so far and reboot to the Vaelpak screen. I tried to restore my apps with and without data using Titanium and had the same results. I even tried to download a few apps from the market and got the Vaelpak screen on install. So I figure okay, it's new, got a few bugs in it. Nandroid back to something else and try it again later when it is more stable. I did the Nandroid and now I am stuck with the white HTC EVO 4G screen. I waited about 15 minutes and no change. So I pulled the battery, booted in recovery and tried it a few more times...same white HTC EVO 4G screen, sigh. Any advice???

gerald410

Jun 6, 2010
HINESVILLE GA
I flashed this rom and everything was good until I tried to use Titanium Backup to reinstall my apps. It would get so far and reboot to the Vaelpak screen. I tried to restore my apps with and without data using Titanium and had the same results. I even tried to download a few apps from the market and got the Vaelpak screen on install. So I figure okay, it's new, got a few bugs in it. Nandroid back to something else and try it again later when it is more stable. I did the Nandroid and now I am stuck with the white HTC EVO 4G screen. I waited about 15 minutes and no change. So I pulled the battery, booted in recovery and tried it a few more times...same white HTC EVO 4G screen, sigh. Any advice???

Happened to me yesterday, flashed burned droid rom seemed to resolve the issue.

Last edited:

scoobdude

Jan 8, 2008
Is there a way to get the audio controls on the lock screen?

Also is there a way to set a specific program for avrcp (bt control)?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Slater5508

Jul 23, 2008
Happened to me yesterday, flashed burned droid rom seemed to resolve the issue.

I was not as fortunate as you. I could not get any ROM to flash at all. Out of desperation and frustration, I ended up flashing the PC36IMG. That got me past the white HTC EVO 4G screen and up and running but it also knocked me out of root and back to 2.1. I just did the OTA to 2.2 this morning and will reroot later this afternoon.

lovethexi23

Feb 19, 2009
Saint Louis
ok, i did this just to test and its basically confirmed.

My 4G speeds on this rom are significantly slower than on other roms.

I get 2-3mbps on this rom and 6-9 on other roms.

Any idea why this would be? (and yes, im testing in the exact same spot as with other roms)

vaelek

Mar 13, 2007
Near Madison, WI
vaelek.com
ok, i did this just to test and its basically confirmed.
My 4G speeds on this rom are significantly slower than on other roms.
I get 2-3mbps on this rom and 6-9 on other roms.
Any idea why this would be? (and yes, im testing in the exact same spot as with other roms)

No idea what might be causing this. I am in the process of re-basing the rom, and will have a new release out soon that should clear up all of the issues, hopefully this one as well.

hondoslack

Apr 6, 2009
Hey, just finished rooting a friends phone, and he loves your ROM. One critical piece that I'd like to get working for him before he leaves on a road trip (he's moving away) is tethering over wimax/4g. If wimax is on, and I start usb tether or sprint hotspot, wimax disconnects, and logcat just shows that wimax can't authenticate. Any ideas? On the phone's browser we did a speedtest.net of 8mbps/0.5mbps, so wimax is smokin' otherwise.

On another note, I installed the Wireless Tether app from vaelpak-settings, and the phone seemed to crash while I was tethered. I was in the middle of a speedtest from my laptop over wimax, so it was working, but I had to battery pull the phone. Thanks for any help you can give.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you are looking for 3.2, go to the current thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=983227

The other thread has been used since 1.0 first came out and is quite long now, so I am starting a new one.

VaelPak is a Sense based Non-Sense ROM with lots of tweaks and goodies.

The beta for the re-release is over and this time it is rock solid! Download at will!
    If you are currently running Beta #20, you already have this.

Based on 3.70.651.1
    Packaged with SBC For Netarchy 4.1.9.1 CFS No-HAVS kernel for unmatched battery life

3.0 Changelog

Removed ((will be) available via VaelPak Settings)
    • Almost all traces of Sense UI
    • All Sprint apps except Voicemail & Navigation

Left in needed files for
    • Facebook Sync
    • Twitter Sync
    • Flickr Sync

Pre-installed Extras
    • Fancy Widget (clock/weather widget)
    • Brightness Level
    • Rom Manager
    • File Expert
    • Battery Snap
    • Launcher Pro
    • ADW Launcher
    • DSP Manager
    • Titanium Backup
    • XDA App
    • adbWireless
    • CatLog
    • Quadrant
    • Linpack
    • Google Reader
    • Real Calc
    • Searchify
    • VaelPak Settings -- Currently the Device Settings section will FC. Working on this.

Replaced with AOSP versions
    • Browser
    • Email
    • Music
    • Calendar
    • Clock

Side by side AOSP & Sense to choose
    • Contacts & Dialer (packaged deal)
    • Gallery
    • Music

Swype
    • Sprint has finally included Swype in the 3.70 OTA so I can add it back in without violating any XDA or AC terms.

Additional features include
    • Fully functioning Hotspot / USB Tether
    • Roam Only option
    • Power menu mod (Reboot / Rapid Reboot / Recovery / HBoot)
    • Custom Super User increasing prompt time out to 20 seconds
    • Gingerbread keyboard
    • Added language & wifi settings in Setup Wizard. Removed tutorial page.
    • Enabled auto-connect for A2DP
    • MMS limit raised to 5MB (no longer needs a reboot to apply after flashing)
    • Translucent notification drop down background
    • Smooth Sense icons
    • Removed debugging & GPS reticle from notification bar
    • Battery percentage
    • Animated sync icon
    • System Font Changer
    • Zip-aligned
    • System and Framework De-Odexed
    • Vanilla Lock screen - without the alarm problem!
    • Busybox, Bash
    • apps2sd
    • NEW Custom boot animation, No boot sound
    • Nexus Live Gingerbread wallpaper default
    • Increased WiFi scan interval from 15 to 60 seconds
    • Ad-block hosts file
    • Updated Maps, GMail, Market, Voice Mail

Other Changes
    • Removed Handcent & ShootMe due to FC's when pre-installed
    • Removed SwiFTP due to duplicated functionality in File Expert

Due to the nature of the changes here, a wipe is recommended unless you are on b18.
    You *MUST* not use Clockwork Recovery 3.x. Use either Amon Ra or CW 2.5/2.6
    12/20/10 - v3.0 / HTC Kernel 2.6.32.17 #15 - Download Link
    MD5 - 00bb86a4ec4a7406a6daf67985c5ddf4

If you like my work and wish to contribute a donation, I humbly accept and you may do so by clicking below. And thank you to any that do!

(Software Information will differ slightly from current screenshot. Boot animation not pictured yet, Incorrectly shows AOSP MMS)
    snap20101219_230225.png
    snap20101219_225829.png
    snap20101219_225901.png

snap20101219_230058.png
    snap20101219_230205.png
    snap20101220_011237.png

logoanimation.gif
    Changelog

• Slipstreamed 3.70.651.1 OTA into existing base
    • HTC Kernel 2.6.32.17 #15
    • Lightened up notification background
    • More notification UI changes (Added some Smooth Sense graphics)
    • Updated all bundled apps
    • Removed ShootMe & Handcent due to FC's when pre-installed
    • Upgraded AOSP EMail, Dialer/Contacts, Android Keyboard, Calendar & MMS to Gingerbread
    • Default wallpaper is Gingerbread Nexus Live
    • Added language & wifi settings in Setup Wizard. Removed tutorial page.
    • Fixed the need to repair Busybox
    • Feed almost 50mb on /data by moving some things to /system (Can still be uninstalled with Titanium Backup)
    • Swype pre-installed (Must still be enabled in Settings)
    • Enabled auto-connect for A2DP
    • Removed traffic counter
    • Removed Quick Boot
    • Removed SwiFTP
    • Replaced ASTRO with File Expert
    • Added MIUI Music
    • Added stable Roam Only option
    • Enabled Hotspot & USB Tethering / removed Wireless Tether
    • Updated Browser to version that has mobile browsing toggle
    • Added power menu mod (Reboot / Rapid Reboot / Recovery / HBoot)
    • Custom Super User increasing prompt time out to 20 seconds
    • Made new HTC Loggers app visible
    • Removed vaelpak-extras. These will be available from VaelPak Settings going forward

• Slipstreamed 3.30.651.2 OTA into existing base
    • New HTC kernel 2.6.32.15 - u18000 Build 149 #10
    • Removed GPS reticle from notification bar (Sat will still show when it is active)
    • Translucent notification dropdown background
    • Removed audiogalaxy from ad block hosts
    • Added VaelPak Settings
    • Updated Maps
    • Updated pre-installed apps
    • Fixed DSP Manager
    • Wireless Tether added back in pre-installed / Fully working
    • Fixed signature issues with apk's in vaelpak-extras
    • Added mental note to take better notes next time, I know there's more (small things) but I can't remember :(

• Updated to 3.29.651.5 OTA base with HTC #11 kernel
    • Increased MMS limit to 5MB (Will apply after first reboot)
    • Removed USB debugging from notification bar
    • Added battery percentage (circle mod coming soon, really!)
    • Animated sync icon
    • Removed all remaining Sense widgets
    • Moved FM Radio to SD
    • Added CatLog
    • Added ResToggle (just until custom settings is done)
    • Updated Swype
    • Moved HTC-IME mod keyboard to SD (wouldn't pre-install)
    • Moved Wireless Tether to SD (wouldn't pre-install correctly)

• DSP Manager fixed, works now
    • All previously un-updatable google apps have been updated and should continue to update without issue
    • Pre-installed apps updated, some will have to update from market after flash, depends on your scenario
    • Added Google Voice
    • Zip-Aligned (it's been a few versions)
    • Added Terminal Emulator
    • Added ability to change system font. Use what's there or put your own TTF in /data/local/fonts. Preview doesn't work for all fonts.
    • Updated hires patch for 2.1
    • Market fix put back in
    • Updated to Kings BFS 9 kernel

• Moved base to new 3.28.651.1 OTA
    • Moved kernel to 2.6.32.15-g3a8614e htc-kernel@and18-2 #7 (Seems to scale cpu freq w/o setcpu) - no OC, no FPS Unlock
    • Stagefright fully fixed
    • added setcpu.txt to max at 1152
    • Updated DarkTremor apps2sd to 2.7.5 RC3 release C
    • Fixed/Updated Google Search
    • Added ADW Launcher
    • Added DSP Manager
    • Added hires patch/undo to extras/patches
    • Removed all htc widgets from extras - confirmed un-needed and wont work anyhow
    • Updated adbWireless to 1.2.1

• Updated all preinstalled apps
    • Fixed lingering signature problem with Handcent
    • Updated Voice Search
    • Updated Sprint Updater & Sprint NFL in extras (You must install updater along with NFL)
    • Updated Flash
    • Added Fancy Widget (Clock / Weather replacement)
    • Updated kernel to Kings BFS #8
    • Added Exchange security policy bypass
    • vaelpak-extras will now remove itself before flashing
    • Updated ChainsDD Superuser to 2.3.5
    • Went back to HTC MMS to fix MMS download problem

1.3a
    • Rolled back to 1.2 and re-built keeping only GMail from the google update - Fixed geolocation problem

• Fixed Maps
    • Fixed not being able to update pre-installed apps (Also updated them all)
    • VoiceMail updated to current version
    • Updated Google Apps, removed bloat
    • Went back to Astro instead of EStrongs
    • Added adbWireless
    • Added AOSP MMS to fix being unable to send/receive MMS

• Removed auto-wipe during flash - now up to the user to wipe if needed
    • Replaced Messages, Music, Email with AOSP versions
    • Reverted back to HTC calendar to fix fc with facebook contact sync - option to use AOSP w/o HTC FB
    • Raised heap size to 32mb
    • Market fix (should fix download problems)
    • 4G toggle added by request
    • Replaced Astro with ES File Explorer
    • Re-add Friendstream to fix Facebook contact sync issue
    • Replaced HTC MMS with AOSP - Because Handcent is preinstalled, HTC & AOSP MMS moved to sd to install if desired

• Removed some more widgets that were missed
    • Added AOSP Browser, Contacts, Dialer, Calendar, Calculator, 3D Gallery, Launcher
    • The HTC Contacts/Dialer had to be left in for stability, just select which you want to use, AOSP can be uninstalled
    • The HTC Album was also left but uninstallable so you have a choice, I personally don't like the 3D Gallery
    I'm having trouble restoring apps and system data from Titanium.

I

-open problems?
    -yes, do it in response to auto-upgrade for busybox
    -reboot
    -open Titanium
    -backup/restore
    -menu
    -batch
    -restore missing apps + system data

Titanium then starts it's process like normal until it just closes the program and jumps to the Vaelpak bootscreen.

Thoughts, feelings?

Having same issue, traced it back to apps I moved to the SD. But I also get reboots if I try to reinstall directly from the Market. Sent Logcats to Jim for review.
    system config is different after newest update. You are actually the first dev to release a non stock rom based off new 3.70 ota so kudos to you for it. I know I'm not as experienced as you and only trying to be helpful based off of what I see without stepping on anyone's toes... I would suggest maybe basing your build entirely off of a stock 3.70 at this point as the structure seems much different when I look at 3.29 vs. 3.70... I would make an educated guess that existing 3.29 framework is somehow making slight conflicts with 3.70...

I have one idea brewing, but I think you may have nailed it right there. I have been able to not re-base in quite a while, but I may have to give in this time. I'm a bit bummed at how this is turning out so far... Sacrificed the entire weekend on getting 3.0 out the door...

Any and all attempts to help are always welcome man, toes are safe :)

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

You can try it, but those radios you are flashing from sprint lovers are not unique to your phone and 4g always runs a small risk of getting bad keys that way. I would RUU personally instead. I prefer to minimize risk as much as possible.