[Q] Safe way to take ZVD update and not break anything

Search This thread

mtcellph

Nov 29, 2013
Hello,

When I woke up a few moments ago I noticed that a system update icon was in my notification bar, which I assume is the new ZVD update and right now my phone is on ZVC and is stock rooted using ioroot25 and I have TWRP 2.7.0.0 AND download mode both working thanks to AutoRec and everything is working fine but it was a difficult getting to this point because I was one of the early adopters of the AutoRec method and I had to to go back to stock and re-tot my phone numerous times to get root, recovery, & download mode all 3 working on my phone without issue.

Now that the ZVD update is waiting to be downloaded on my phone I do not want to have to go through all this stuff again nor do I want to lose anything I have on my phone currently so I would like to ask what is the recommended / safest way to install this update so that I can keep root, recovery, and download mode all 3 and not lose any of my data at the same time ?

Of course, I want to also make sure that this does not mess up my phone like the white screen issue some people had when using AutoRec on the Sprint version of the G2 or other issues so what are my choices and thanks in advance for any and all replies.

MTCell

Last edited:
Reactions: krezee

secret.animal

Aug 1, 2010
Lake Villa
Redmi Note 10 Pro
You won't be able to until they fix the update. Even just root will lock the system on the update.
Only safe way right now is to tot back to stock zvc, take the update. Root with ioroot25. If you want recovery, you can use auto-rec and then flash dorimax kernel. Which has the zvd knock code in it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Robles23

Sep 22, 2013
Houston Texas
You won't be able to until they fix the update. Even just root will lock the system on the update.
Only safe way right now is to tot back to stock zvc, take the update. Root with ioroot25. If you want recovery, you can use auto-rec and then flash dorimax kernel. Which has the zvd knock code in it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I also have a similar issue as the OP. I am currently rooted, stock rom. ZVD update has downloaded and is ready to install. However, what would be the nessesary steps to take prior to updating my phone? I dont care if I have to re-root again. I rooted me device using IOroot25. How can I unroot?

Thanks!

krezee

Jan 15, 2011
Hello,

When I woke up a few moments ago I noticed that a system update icon was in my notification bar, which I assume is the new ZVD update and right now my phone is on ZVC and is stock rooted using ioroot25 and I have TWRP 2.7.0.0 AND download mode both working thanks to AutoRec and everything is working fine but it was a difficult getting to this point because I was one of the early adopters of the AutoRec method and I had to to go back to stock and re-tot my phone numerous times to get root, recovery, & download mode all 3 working on my phone without issue.

Now that the ZVD update is waiting to be downloaded on my phone I do not want to have to go through all this stuff again nor do I want to lose anything I have on my phone currently so I would like to ask what is the recommended / safest way to install this update so that I can keep root, recovery, and download mode all 3 and not lose any of my data at the same time ?

Of course, I want to also make sure that this does not mess up my phone like the white screen issue some people had when using AutoRec on the Sprint version of the G2 or other issues so what are my choices and thanks in advance for any and all replies.

MTCell

From what i understand , you will need a stock ZVC recovery and boot loader to apply the update. if you have any modification done in ROM (debloat/deleting/modifying system files) then the update might not complete.
So flash stock aboot(bootloader), recovery and kernel and then only apply the update.

TOT reflash is too cumbersome process and requires lot of restoration of apps setting etc.

I have same situation and am searching for stock files from ZVC. Please if any one has these stock file please do share.

Cheers

Jul 17, 2014
Phuq! I wish I read these forums more frequently.

Hey all,

Okay now, let me begin this horror story by say what I think needs to be said first and foremost.
"No matter your level of knowledge, there is always something new for you to learn."
With that being said, I phuqed up!!
I had my dream setup running almost perfectly. I mean heavily modded. Stock kitkat 4.4.2. from Sprint so I didnt have to upgrade anything. I rooted via .apk file. I autorec'd TWRP recovery. I first flashed a furnace kernel that gave me 2.49GHz overclock. And added in xdabebs cam mod. And loved it. I kept reading and researching. I found more goodies to play with. I install xposed framework and some useful add-in's. I find some old apps I love, like hide softkeys, and several quick launchers like pie control, and gestures. I eventually find D's kernel and was elated! 2.8GHz, whoopee! (although I have seen someone @3GHz.)
After about a weeks worth of additions, and stupid auto-updates from google play (omfg they take up so much room) I got that dreaded icon in my notifications bar that Im out of room!!!! Stupid phuq'n non Korean model phones! (I feel that is hella racist of LG to show their people love and phuq us over with no external memory support. We should arrange a class action law suit. Thats purposely shaping the market favorably in your region, and selling obsolete hardware to the rest of the world. "shameful behavior LG")
So to remedy the space issue, I go through my most painful, and totally ridiculous ritual of removing "my" bloatware. All the launchers that I dont really NEED or use OFTEN. The apps that are convenient to have , but that convenience is never utilized. Or its rarely needed. And that helped me out about say, oh 200mb.
DAMN IT! need more room! Need room now!! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!
Okay so a few Big boys had to go. So I dumped a game or two, and the 2nd OS I forgot about on my device, Kali Linux. That gave me the much needed room. I gained about 4GB back. Cool beans, I figure before I do any new major changing of this phone I will force myself to make room for backups, ON device! :angel:

Well that didnt pan out. Instead I did one better, (I thought) I chose to back up on device, then rip it to my PC. Cool , it has the space for storing crap like that..

"ahh, life and its inevitable bullshnikeys"

BAM!! a day or so later, my PC froze, in the middle of a gnarly drift. Crap, restart, checks disk , fixes one error, bam froze again, "ah shiz, I need to back up my back ups!" checks disk, a few errors , I have seen worse. I got it up and running then, ZZZzzzzrrrrttt! NOOOoooooooh! So the PC goes down hard. No HDD found style. :mad:

So I reach for my G2 to take a much needed brake on the throne and plan somethings out. I sit down, hit the pwr button, and my phone was in TWRP! Odd I think to myself, and proceed to reboot. TWRP! look through settings, look for anything new on the sdcard (internal) nothing. So I power it down and turn it back on. TWRP! Furious!:mad:

Now Im at defcon5 using my LIVE OS, BT5r3 KDE, and decided to hear back into the XDA jungle to see what might have happened.
I got the update for ZVD it would seem. And it bit me in the ass at the worst time. I do not have the Android drivers that the phone installs to the PC installed and configured because I cant cycle into Android OS. Im seriously stuck in TWRP mode. I managed to get into download mode once after trying for 20minutes to do so. ( I need to practice that) But for no avail, I couldnt configure/install/set anything up that would have allowed me to communicate with the phone.

Im so very tired and stressed. Normally I would throw this crap away and go back to my trusty and (IMO) more stylish motorola RZRv3, but its battery is like a joke with its 3 minute, PERIOD life time. SMH:D

So now I come before you, alone, tired, confused, and depressed, (I do not, like reinstalling anything, ever, in anything.) I just really dont want to hit that brick wall (pardon the pun) an know I have to, ahem, configure, so many apps that I enjoy using. All because I lost my recovery.:eek:

What is it about the recovery file that makes the option for keeping your user installed apps, achievable, versus the wack (not even an option at all) choice of having to wipe everything and start over?:confused: Because (IMO) that is in no way, a recover. Thats a fumble, oh, interception. Thats dropping the ball. If you waste all the space for "backing things up" then something happens, and you still have to completely wipe the IMPORTANT stuff!! Whats the point?:(

I have found and installed on this VB PC running windows 7 non sp1, x86-
LG Flashtool 1.8.1.1023
LG-Mobile-Driver v 3.8.1
adt-bundle-windows-x86-20140702
adbpush
LG PC Suite (that just serves no purpose other than to annoy me by not working WITH my phone)

I have downloaded the .dll for MY phone for Flashtool
I found and downloaded the 45475791e80904201311e1051ea628c3b98eef87.LS980ZVC_12-LS980ZVD_19_update from sprint
I have downloaded CloudyG3_1.2 and cm-11-20140623-nightly-ls980

What can I do to attempt to simply boot back into my android.
and if there is no option for simply restoring the functionality of the devices previous state,
what ROM/OS do you suggest I shove in this brick or what method should I use to punch the life back into my phone?

Im dyin ova eeeah!!!:eek:

Thanks in advance,
Orcinus :confused:

rhilway

Oct 18, 2008
ZVD bit me too-not sure how, NEVER told it to install

Hey all,

Okay now, let me begin this horror story by say what I think needs to be said first and foremost.
"No matter your level of knowledge, there is always something new for you to learn."
I had my dream setup running almost perfectly. I mean heavily modded. Stock kitkat 4.4.2. from Sprint so I didnt have to upgrade anything. I rooted via .apk file. I autorec'd TWRP recovery. I first flashed a furnace kernel that gave me 2.49GHz overclock. And added in xdabebs cam mod. And loved it. I kept reading and researching. I found more goodies to play with. I install xposed framework and some useful add-in's. I find some old apps I love, like hide softkeys, and several quick launchers like pie control, and gestures. I eventually find D's kernel and was elated! 2.8GHz, whoopee! (although I have seen someone @3GHz.)
After about a weeks worth of additions, and stupid auto-updates from google play (omfg they take up so much room) I got that dreaded icon in my notifications bar that Im out of room!!!! Stupid phuq'n non Korean model phones! (I feel that is hella racist of LG to show their people love and phuq us over with no external memory support. We should arrange a class action law suit. Thats purposely shaping the market favorably in your region, and selling obsolete hardware to the rest of the world. "shameful behavior LG")
So to remedy the space issue, I go through my most painful, and totally ridiculous ritual of removing "my" bloatware. All the launchers that I dont really NEED or use OFTEN. The apps that are convenient to have , but that convenience is never utilized. Or its rarely needed. And that helped me out about say, oh 200mb.
Okay so a few Big boys had to go. So I dumped a game or two, and the 2nd OS I forgot about on my device, Kali Linux. That gave me the much needed room. I gained about 4GB back. Cool beans, I figure before I do any new major changing of this phone I will force myself to make room for backups, ON device! :angel:

Well that didnt pan out. Instead I did one better, (I thought) I chose to back up on device, then rip it to my PC. Cool , it has the space for storing crap like that..

BAM!! a day or so later, my PC froze, in the middle of a gnarly drift. Crap, restart, checks disk , fixes one error, bam froze again, "ah shiz, I need to back up my back ups!" checks disk, a few errors , I have seen worse. I got it up and running then, ZZZzzzzrrrrttt! NOOOoooooooh! So the PC goes down hard. No HDD found style. :mad:

So I reach for my G2 to take a much needed brake on the throne and plan somethings out. I sit down, hit the pwr button, and my phone was in TWRP! Odd I think to myself, and proceed to reboot. TWRP! look through settings, look for anything new on the sdcard (internal) nothing. So I power it down and turn it back on. TWRP! Furious!:mad:

Now Im at defcon5 using my LIVE OS, BT5r3 KDE, and decided to hear back into the XDA jungle to see what might have happened.
I got the update for ZVD it would seem. And it bit me in the ass at the worst time. I do not have the Android drivers that the phone installs to the PC installed and configured because I cant cycle into Android OS. Im seriously stuck in TWRP mode. I managed to get into download mode once after trying for 20minutes to do so. ( I need to practice that) But for no avail, I couldnt configure/install/set anything up that would have allowed me to communicate with the phone.

Im so very tired and stressed. Normally I would throw this crap away and go back to my trusty and (IMO) more stylish motorola RZRv3, but its battery is like a joke with its 3 minute, PERIOD life time. SMH:D

So now I come before you, alone, tired, confused, and depressed, (I do not, like reinstalling anything, ever, in anything.) I just really dont want to hit that brick wall (pardon the pun) an know I have to, ahem, configure, so many apps that I enjoy using. All because I lost my recovery.:eek:

What is it about the recovery file that makes the option for keeping your user installed apps, achievable, versus the wack (not even an option at all) choice of having to wipe everything and start over?:confused: Because (IMO) that is in no way, a recover. Thats a fumble, oh, interception. Thats dropping the ball. If you waste all the space for "backing things up" then something happens, and you still have to completely wipe the IMPORTANT stuff!! Whats the point?:(

LG Flashtool 1.8.1.1023
LG-Mobile-Driver v 3.8.1
adbpush
LG PC Suite (that just serves no purpose other than to annoy me by not working WITH my phone)

I found and downloaded the 45475791e80904201311e1051ea628c3b98eef87.LS980ZVC_12-LS980ZVD_19_update from sprint

and if te youhere is no option for simply restoring the functionality of the devices previous state,
what ROM/OS do you suggest I shove in this brick or what method should I use to punch the life back into my phone?

Thanks in advance,

Sorry Dude, I was in the same spot, maybe I can save you hours of reading. This is what I had to do:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476 it's the dreaded tot to zvc

Reactions: adamant_orcinus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

MTCell
    ZVD bit me too-not sure how, NEVER told it to install

Hey all,

LG Flashtool 1.8.1.1023
    LG-Mobile-Driver v 3.8.1
    adbpush

and if te youhere is no option for simply restoring the functionality of the devices previous state,

Thanks in advance,

Sorry Dude, I was in the same spot, maybe I can save you hours of reading. This is what I had to do:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476 it's the dreaded tot to zvc