[Q] Sim card unlock with rom changing

Search This thread

starmanian

Dec 27, 2011
Hey,
If i change the rom of a xperia does the sim lock (only working from 1 operator) will it dissapear? What can I do to remove sim lock on the phone?

lowandbehold

Feb 26, 2011
Vandling, PA
Changing your ROM will not simunlock your phone. Your carrier may give you the code to do it, or their are websites that you pay for an unlock code. Most of them are fairly cheap ($5-$10). The most expensive one I have seen is for the Note which is $25. That being said, once you are sim unlocked, changing a ROM or doing a factory reset will not re-lock the Sim.

PravzzzZ

Jul 12, 2013
Winnipeg
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Can unlocked s4 be updated to kitkat without re-locking?

Changing your ROM will not simunlock your phone. Your carrier may give you the code to do it, or their are websites that you pay for an unlock code. Most of them are fairly cheap ($5-$10). The most expensive one I have seen is for the Note which is $25. That being said, once you are sim unlocked, changing a ROM or doing a factory reset will not re-lock the Sim.

Hi.. I have a 4.3 running, unlocked i377m(Canadian s4). It was not factory unlocked. I made it unlocked in a small store. It was rooted when i got it back. Is there any way to update it by flashing to kitkat? I cant get any updates from about phone menu. It says its phone is modded and can't update.
Any help would be appreciated!!
Thanks in advance :)