formatting these thread posts?

Search This thread

cyril279

Jun 3, 2013
Rhaegon said:
Ty for all your help but i am lost ATM. I want to be thankful and pay homage to whom homage is DUE! So if i want to link some ones page im guessing i jst put @ before their name ? But how do i QUOTE your post on another thread or post And how do people make a post signature with their devices Rom and promote that rom I thought i knew alot about the internet and pcs but am humbled by this site THANKS for all you guys do been here since 2013 dont say much sry try to figure it out on my own been doing good so far. Thanks

If you are trying to show the content from one post to another post of a separate thread:
  1. select "reply"
  2. copy the entire contents of the reply-window
  3. navigate to wherever you want to use that quoted information, and paste it in the new thread/reply/whatever -->
Noted, Done! Perfection! Zero FCs, Zero random reboots, and Zero Gapps issues! I usually have something go wrong on every Rom, but this was a success. Apparently I had garbage left over that could not be wiped from my recovery menu until I used http://d-h.st/szN
Thanks again!

If you are simply trying to link to a specific post:
  1. navigate to the post
    -either right-click the post-number and copy link address
    -or click the post-number, then copy the address from the address bar
  2. now you can paste that link into whatever thread post/reply you want -->
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55183884&postcount=8

There are some great format tools in the message creation window that easily allow you to

embed links as text

Code:
show the code behind what you're doing, without executing that code
and others.

I use the "preview post" button a lot when experimenting, and to ensure that everything is the way that I expect, and I suggest the same.

P.S. Always from a desktop. I don't go to such effort when working from the device.

Happy Flashing
-Cyril

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rhaegon said:
    Ty for all your help but i am lost ATM. I want to be thankful and pay homage to whom homage is DUE! So if i want to link some ones page im guessing i jst put @ before their name ? But how do i QUOTE your post on another thread or post And how do people make a post signature with their devices Rom and promote that rom I thought i knew alot about the internet and pcs but am humbled by this site THANKS for all you guys do been here since 2013 dont say much sry try to figure it out on my own been doing good so far. Thanks

If you are trying to show the content from one post to another post of a separate thread:
    1. select "reply"
    2. copy the entire contents of the reply-window
    3. navigate to wherever you want to use that quoted information, and paste it in the new thread/reply/whatever -->
    Noted, Done! Perfection! Zero FCs, Zero random reboots, and Zero Gapps issues! I usually have something go wrong on every Rom, but this was a success. Apparently I had garbage left over that could not be wiped from my recovery menu until I used http://d-h.st/szN
    Thanks again!

If you are simply trying to link to a specific post:
    1. navigate to the post
      -either right-click the post-number and copy link address
      -or click the post-number, then copy the address from the address bar
    2. now you can paste that link into whatever thread post/reply you want -->
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55183884&postcount=8

There are some great format tools in the message creation window that easily allow you to

embed links as text

Code:
    show the code behind what you're doing, without executing that code
    and others.

I use the "preview post" button a lot when experimenting, and to ensure that everything is the way that I expect, and I suggest the same.

P.S. Always from a desktop. I don't go to such effort when working from the device.

Happy Flashing
    -Cyril