BMM - ERR Status 6 - CM11 Installation

Search This thread

vazersecurity

Aug 2, 2012
Provo, UT
Samsung Galaxy S22
I have tried multiple times to install CyanogenMod 11 on the System Slot with BMM. I keep getting

Code:
E:Error in /tmp/update.zip
(Status 6)
Installation Aborted
I tried flashing from sd and sideload...
this is the result of sideload.
Why is it doing this? Can't figure it out...
========
AFTER DIGGING DEEPER:
--
The official CM 11 thread states that BMM has issues with CM. This thread is pending for an answer,
WORKAROUND in Official Thread

Last edited:
Reactions: amplatfus

iZak17

Oct 6, 2013
I have tried multiple times to install CyanogenMod 11 on the System Slot with BMM. I keep getting

Code:
(Status 6)
Installation Aborted
========
AFTER DIGGING DEEPER:
--
The official CM 11 thread states that BMM has issues with CM. This thread is pending for an answer,

In the CM11 official forum shows a lot of times how to change the zip files to make it compatible with BMM.

Is easy but honestly, I recommend you to change to Safestrap, yes, I know, BMM is better but right now almost nobody uses it anymore.

In the CM11 official forum shows a lot of times how to change the zip files to make it compatible with BMM.

Is easy but honestly, I recommend you to change to Safestrap, yes, I know, BMM is better but right now almost nobody uses it anymore.

That's not true,a lot of people still using BMM,including me.

And it's still better than SS, there is more things that can be done with it.

Sent from my Razr XT910

iZak17

Oct 6, 2013

Sent from my Razr XT910

Don't get me wrong, I know there is A LOT of people using BMM (including me until a few days ago). When I say "nobody" I'm refering to the support and compatibility: almost every thread related with new ROMs take as reference SS not BMM.

I'm fully sure BMM is totally better than SS. I did change because I was tired to zip, unzip, copy and replace files everytime I was going to install an update with BMM.

As soon as that problem is solved, I hope get back to BMM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    (Status 6)
    Installation Aborted
    ========
    AFTER DIGGING DEEPER:
    --

Sent from my Razr XT910

Don't get me wrong, I know there is A LOT of people using BMM (including me until a few days ago). When I say "nobody" I'm refering to the support and compatibility: almost every thread related with new ROMs take as reference SS not BMM.

I'm fully sure BMM is totally better than SS. I did change because I was tired to zip, unzip, copy and replace files everytime I was going to install an update with BMM.

As soon as that problem is solved, I hope get back to BMM.
    how can i fix the cm11 zip file to be flashable with bmm?

First post in CM11 thread!

Sent from my Razr XT910

Code:
    (Status 6)
    Installation Aborted
    ========
    AFTER DIGGING DEEPER:
    --
    Only cm11 builds need little work to be bmm flashable. But every other rom works great at bmm... Gummy, slimkat, liquid, moke... So i disagree with u :) its only related to cm11.