[Tutorial] Relock bootloader!

Search This thread

bagoesyasha

Jun 3, 2010
I just relocked my Xperia Play and it works! thanks Blagus!

anyway I tried to use Track ID (from the official SE ROM) and there's error message (guess it's because of that DRM thing)
but then I download the latest version of Track ID from Play Store, and voila! the Track ID is working like normal! :laugh:

jay_smith

Jun 25, 2012
Heeeelllp... relock Xperia S

Noob here...

Downloaded latest Flashtool.

Dowloaded relock "FTF" from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1527159 - which isn't actually an FTF, just a zip containing a .sin, a .ta and a meta-inf folder.

Flashtool won't operate with above FTF. Tried to bundle files into FTF but flashtool complains bundle can't contain just a loader...

Downloaded Blagus' TFT file - link on page 1 of this thread.

Tried to flash this TFT but rebooting phone in flashmode (power off, hold vol down + insert USB) causes flashtool to report device not supported - install drivers from drivers folder.

Go to drivers folder and run app. Select Xperia S drivers... They install correctly- no errors.

Go back to flashtool and try to reflash .ftf and flashtool fails with "device not supported" again.

Have a feeling I have to do something with Blagus' FTF AND Doomlord's .sin but I have no idea...

Help?

Reactions: mamenvn

yogesh19921

Jun 20, 2012
hey i have been using custom rom on my neo v ( jelly sandwitch v4.5) with nightelf kernel 2.6. since today there were no problems but now my phone is not being able to enter flashmode or fastmode even if i press back button or menu button during plugging of data cable. It just blinks once and then goes off and phone enters into charging mode. Also on lock screen when i try to unlock the screen by sliding m finger response does not sticks with the unlock line and i have to atleast ry 3 times to unlock it.Please some help .Thanks in advance

deniel

Sep 27, 2010
I read half of pages and didnt find an answer.
If i relock my bootloader, will i be able to download track information and other walkman's stuff?

dryft4eva

Apr 29, 2012
Singapore
Thank you this is very useful. I thought it might be a good idea to know how to relock my bootloader in case anything happens to my arc. I have not tried relocking it though. But i'll keep this for reference. :)

mamenvn

Sep 2, 2012
Noob here...

Downloaded latest Flashtool.

Dowloaded relock "FTF" from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1527159 - which isn't actually an FTF, just a zip containing a .sin, a .ta and a meta-inf folder.

Flashtool won't operate with above FTF. Tried to bundle files into FTF but flashtool complains bundle can't contain just a loader...

Downloaded Blagus' TFT file - link on page 1 of this thread.

Tried to flash this TFT but rebooting phone in flashmode (power off, hold vol down + insert USB) causes flashtool to report device not supported - install drivers from drivers folder.

Go to drivers folder and run app. Select Xperia S drivers... They install correctly- no errors.

Go back to flashtool and try to reflash .ftf and flashtool fails with "device not supported" again.

Have a feeling I have to do something with Blagus' FTF AND Doomlord's .sin but I have no idea...

Help?
Thanks your post

joint_one

Jan 8, 2012
I have heard that relocking bootloader after unlock with setool is possible? Can anyone confirm that?

Nooby Arc S User

Sep 2, 2012
So what would be the point of unlocking BL? After relocking would it be possible to send the phone for repairs without Sony figuring out that you'd ever rooted and unlocked BL?

Sent from my Jellybeaned Arc S

Ghostfreak NB

Aug 11, 2012
Mumbai

PLS can you tell how you solved it ?

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

I read half of pages and didnt find an answer.
If i relock my bootloader, will i be able to download track information and other walkman's stuff?

I guess downloading latest Track ID after uninstalling old one...works after unlocking and relocking.. and solves the problem.......but DRM keys are gone once unlocked....(if done via official site)

Theliakos

May 24, 2012
gythion
Lock bootloader

everything was as it was bootloader locked drm keys lost.I flashed a boot.img to my phone and it failed proof tha bootloader now is locked !!! :D

sunilkn006

Jul 4, 2012
Warranty after relocking bootloader

Hi,
Can I claim warranty of my phone after I unlocked the bootloader and relocked it? Can I take it to Sony service centre without any issues?:confused:

Top Liked Posts