[Discontinued]Miui port

Search This thread

popdog123

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
Ok so progress so far:

Started using mik's cm7 (so old baseband it is)
Libs work just fine
Problem is framework... I've tried copying smali files all day from one framework to another but only to more errors. We need to modify some files to support both cm7 and miui classes so i'll look into that probably tomorrow because i've spent a long time in front of the computer today :)
I'll post the new zip a bit later. I think it's a good one and we should only bring patches to it (bins, libs... all work except framework). Oh and it still contains the hdpi apks but i don't think that's a problem for now...

4silvertooth

Mar 23, 2011
Android Hell
Ok so progress so far:

Started using mik's cm7 (so old baseband it is)
Libs work just fine
Problem is framework... I've tried copying smali files all day from one framework to another but only to more errors. We need to modify some files to support both cm7 and miui classes so i'll look into that probably tomorrow because i've spent a long time in front of the computer today :)
I'll post the new zip a bit later. I think it's a good one and we should only bring patches to it (bins, libs... all work except framework). Oh and it still contains the hdpi apks but i don't think that's a problem for now...

Ok please don't forget to post the latest.
Jazuk allready posted link to mdpi apk at general thread.

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

digkong

Jan 6, 2011
bangalore
Google Pixel 7 Pro
jut installed miui on my dads phone.. and its incredible i must say.. it brings everything so much down to earth... and it has all those little features which makes it a perfect rom for me at least...:D
hope u guys succeed at this port.. seriously u guys will do a great job..

its the first time am seeing.. that devs are working as a team.. in this forum... :)which is totally awesome...
wish u guys all luck...

Reactions: fernando1sg

kongyujian

Mar 16, 2011
Singapore
Oh man. This is so cool. :) miui on our p500 especially with it being closed source and all. :)
Good luck. :)

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App

Bytecode

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2010
/dev/null
Is MIUI froyo-based? If so I obviously suggest to pick stuff from a Froyo rom.

Sent from my LG Optimus One P500 using XDA Premium App

popdog123

Dec 25, 2010
The one i downloaded is based on android 2.3.4 so it's Gingerbread.
But it's a good point... I think a froyo based rom would be easier to port.

manufn619

Oct 10, 2009
hey guys quick question does wifi and camera work in this rom, i am super interested and i wanna flash this baby

popdog123

Dec 25, 2010
Well it probably would if it booted... :))

READ THE FIRST POST CAREFULLY!

akash.gpta

Oct 19, 2010
Kanpur
I've also tried porting the MIUI Rom to my device..but had not much of a success :(..Hope you guys make it!! :)
All the best..

jazux

Dec 23, 2010
helsinki
I've also tried porting the MIUI Rom to my device..but had not much of a success :(..Hope you guys make it!! :)
All the best..

they are doing it the same as we, so at least they should get all the looks (launcher, lockscreen, menus, notification bar) i think thats more than enough to anyone :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!

Ok so this is an attempt to port MIUI to LGP500. We are trying this because porting on the Galaxy 3 (LDPI armv6) was a success and i'm sure it will work on our device too.

This is what we're using so far: MIUI for Desire & Overflow ROM

So far this has been done:
    • ADB now working
    • Merged framework.jar from base rom with MIUI one
    • Replaced all apks with miui except LatinIME.apk which seems to give an error on boot
    • Use libs, bin and xbin from base rom
    • Merged permissions

[Update 9.07.2011 - 17:48 GMT+3 DST]
    • Now using framework from CM7
    • Libs, and bins from CM7
    • Boot.img still from Overflow (CM7 Boot.img stops adb on boot after a while - so using Overflow for developing for now)
    • Replaced many smali files in framework but errors keep popping up - I think framework is pretty screwed up now and must be redone (again)
    • No more nasty error on boot (with stack dump and stuff...)
    • No need for logcat now because errors come from framework

[Update 11.07.2011 - 15:32 GMT+3 DST]
    • MIUI boots up and we have graphics BUT
    • It only boots up to some error dialogs that say some processes force closed with "Close" and "Report to MIUI"
    • Gapps, Provision, and StatusBar force close so they need work
    • Removed ContactsProvider.apk and CalendarProvider.apk

[Update 14.07.2011 - 10:58 GMT+3 DST]
    • Fixed framework.jar - no more errors seem to come from it
    • New zip not made on mac so no low memory errors
    • New problem that might fix the apps: All apps look for their classes.dex in /cache/dalvik-cache but only system classes are there. The app classes are created in /data/cache/dalvik-cache
    • All apps are back because the errors don't come from them

[Update 28.07.2011 - 18:53 GMT+3 DST]
    • Added dalvik-cache to /cache script
    • New zip with init.d script and updated framework
    • Need to fix dead code in framework
    • Need new kernel
    • Need MDPI apks
    • Need libs that don't make the apks crash

Latest flashable zip:
    http://www.multiupload.com/VNM8QTDBZ3 [Updated 28.07.2011] Thank you 4silvertooth

(DOES NOT BOOT! DON'T FLASH IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!) Sorry... i had to put this in big red letters because apparently people didn't see it well...

If you would like to help go ahead. Download the rom or make your own one if you don't like our development and give input. But most of all don't try to bring us down with "this can't be done" stuff. It can be done and it was done for another armv6 device. We need to get apps and framework to work and rom to boot. Libs and bins will come after...

This being said i would like to thank these people for their work so far and for making me get off my ass and do something useful:
    4silvertooth
    jazux
    DJoptimus-One
    Also i would like to thank overflow for his rom. It's the base for our miui so far.
    WELL FOR UR INFO THE MODDED VERSION EVEN INSTALL THEME FROM MARKET WITH NO ISSUE,IF USER WISH TO GET LATEST MIUI ICON PACK THAN THEIR CHOICE.
    WELL I BELIEVE U GO AHEAD AND CREATE A ROM....:rolleyes:

I installed the modded version.

- it install garbage untranslated icons on home screen
    - missing some translations in GUI (notably the themes downloads)
    - again, the theme you linked - cannot use in any automatic way. When people are insane enough to use Chinese in filenames, stuff gets the ****ty side up, sorry.

dr. notor

seriously u did this thing? :D upload it! :p

Yeah, about 3 hours work with kitchen and bunch of other tools. Are there any more working MIUI APKs? NOT interested in untranslated broken crap, this would be a themed ROM, not port.

Got music, camera, gallery, bunch of clock widgets. The weather widget is GO Weather, launcher - already been said. Known bug: the color settings button in camera causes a FC. :p

One more note - the toolbar transparency is using Multipicture Live Wallpaper. The QQ Launcher does NOT support transparent status bar. There is no such problem with GO Launcher e.g., but that does not quite fit here, even with a MIUI theme (could find just one).
    Hey guys I know you want MIUI, but here is something else similar to it. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1233863
    If you guys want, I can port it over to your device just as I did with Honeycomb.

Sent from my HTC Hero making C.R.E.A.M.
    Please keep your wars on other threads. Maybe start a thread where everyone can start insulting each other and call each other names, donno. But please keep this thread a bit cleaner because if someone wants to check the progress of this project they shouldn't have to go through many pages of crap.
    Well i'm back... finally finished my exams and got some time for myself.

But i have a bit of bad news. I've been studying android and how it's build and how it works and i'm afraid this might be an impossible port to make for now. I've looked into the Galaxy 3 port and it's not an actual port. It's just the framework. So it is possible to port apps from the rom but they might not work fully because of incompatible libs.
    Now about the libs, they are compiled specifically for a type of processor (in miui case armv7) which have some instructions built in. While armv7 may run armv6 libs it's not possible the other way around. So even if we got the phone to boot, and got the launcher and a few miui apps running it wouldn't be miui.
    I see that SWEATTAIMI is still working to complete the port of the framework and i wish him the best of luck but i will have to step down since i am working on other android projects that are more likely to come to an end than this.