[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3 -- [BETA 2012-03-11]

Search This thread

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
Could the led while charging please be disabled? I'd rather not have the led on for an hour everyday :D

i know to temporarily disable it you can go to /sys/class/leds/[whatever color is showing]/brightness.txt and change it from 255 to 0. change the permissions to R/O and that should turn it off. it will come back on when the sys calls for it again tho

porky101

Aug 5, 2010
I just installed Alpha #5 and I am still having trouble update Google Music and Maps, says that the package is not signed correctly is there an easy way to fix this?

emprize

Jan 15, 2007
after hash suggestion, here is the latest log
still cant call and no 3g data, system not allow me to add APN myself, the setting screen show no APN on the list but i checked the correct APN is in the apns-conf.xml

Attachments

• log2.rar
    24.2 KB · Views: 5

digitalsynner85

Sep 15, 2011
New Iberia, Louisiana
Battery display stuck at 100. Drained battery, fully charged it, and wiped stats and still stuck at 100. Anyone else having this too?

Battery stats in the options shows 100% Discharging and at 10+ hours lol

Last edited:

gierso

Aug 13, 2010
Monterrey
Nexus 7
Nexus 7 (2013)
after hash suggestion, here is the latest log
still cant call and no 3g data, system not allow me to add APN myself, the setting screen show no APN on the list but i checked the correct APN is in the apns-conf.xml

Hey your d3 is chinesse or verizon???

Have you fastboot'ed back tostock and try again? ? That solved a lot for, me
Going totry again alpha5 :)
Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

porky101

Aug 5, 2010

I tried that, I clicked on Maps in Titanium Backup and clicked "Force remove app" the phone restarts once and shows that it is doing something (has the triangle with the ! in it) then it shuts off and does not turn on again unless I pull out the battery and put it back in, once restarted Maps is still installed.

bonesjones

Dec 9, 2009
Birmingham
The split second you see is sample data I believe.
Right now its very involved. I want this fixed to, mainly because I want the pride of knowing I contributed. :) anyway first thing am ill get back to work on this and see if I can't finish it.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

Putting the final touches on the exchange calendar fix right now.

Reactions: JasonOT and gierso

serg675

Sep 11, 2009
Buffalo Grove, IL
My phone boots to recovery always. And then from recovery it boots normally. Is it normal (known issue) for alpha 5? I use CWM recovery.

Last edited:

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
It's ok but dont' works :confused:
canot open apn config

Code:
<apn carrier="Claro BR" mcc="724" mnc="05" apn="claro.com.br" user="claro" password="claro" type="default,supl" />

Several people mention the "APN Config" but I don't have this app on the VZW Droid 3. Could someone post a screenshot of it for me? And/or PM me the APK.

I feel bad for my lack of knowledge of GSM / international phone use. :( But, we'll get there with some help.

DoubleYouPee

Jul 28, 2011
Not sure what APN config is either (GSM user). I just made a new APN and entered my stuff and it worked fine on alpha 5

adamskub

Oct 27, 2010
Brantford
APN BRASIL or apn config apk to zip:D

Well not surprising it didn't work for me, but I think it did help shed some light on why I don't have any APN's listed on the phone. I don't think the phone recognizes the phone operator as APN Brasil said: "Could not automatically detect what is your operator." after that message I saw a list of Rogers APN's for "Current Settings".

Although I may be off because the app may only be looking for specific operators, but it did make me think a bit. On the lockscreen is always say CAN Rogers Wireless Inc. and usually it just says Rogers for other ROM's.

Anyways, I'm sure APN's will be fixed soon :D

ultima86

Jul 23, 2010
Atlanta
I tried that, I clicked on Maps in Titanium Backup and clicked "Force remove app" the phone restarts once and shows that it is doing something (has the triangle with the ! in it) then it shuts off and does not turn on again unless I pull out the battery and put it back in, once restarted Maps is still installed.

use a file manager (root explorer, etc...) and go into system/app and delete them. then reboot bc if you dont the market will still give you the error. then you can install from market

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** NEW BLOG SITE: http://blog.hash-of-codes.com ***

AUTOMATIC NIGHTLIES ARE HERE

GET GAPPS HERE (Choose "CyanogenMod 9.0.x" Link)

DON'T LET GOOGLE RESTORE YOUR SETTINGS WHEN INSTALLING THIS ROM COMING FROM GINGERBREAD

Changelogs:

Changelog at Blog.Hash-Of-Codes.com
    Automatic STS-Dev-Team Development Log

What is NOT working in this build:

Need Better Camera: FFC, ICS features
    No Camera Video
    HW Video Codecs (in progress)
    Bluetooth on but not connected = loss of all audio (in progress)

More Information:

NEW! http://blog.hash-of-codes.com
    Or follow me on Twitter:
    http://www.twitter.com/hashcode0f

GITHUB sources are now here:

https://github.com/organizations/STS-Dev-Team

Screenshots:

droid3-ics-home_480.png
    droid3-ics-settings-phone_480.png
    droid3-ics-netstats_480.png
    I'm booting up a new build for camera testing as we speak.

It's been a long time coming just to get to this point.
    KNOWN ISSUES (as of 2012-01-12 build):
    • GSM users have reported phone still FCs quite a bit. I have a solution for this but it's a work in progress and takes a long time to do (porting Motorola World Phone code to ICS from Gingerbread). I am sorry for the hassle, but usually a wipe cache/dalvik cache will reset your connection.
    • Mute button on calls doesn't work
    • Camera doesn't work
    • Codecs which reference the /dev/ion driver don't work (including audio only for Netflix)
    • Backlighting for keyboard and capacitive keys only works with "Auto Brightness" set: see here for custom settings http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22637417&postcount=957
    • [NEEDS TESTING]Leaving Bluetooth on but not paired causes all audio to stop working on the phone. If you turn off Bluetooth then audio comes back.
    • [NEEDS TESTING]Bluetooth in general needs an overhaul. It does work to make phone calls, but that's about it.

NICE LINKS TO HAVE
    Nova Launcher: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1389071

HANDY WORK AROUNDS:
    • For users experiencing high battery drain: goto "Settings" -> "Sounds" and uncheck "Touch sounds" and "Screen lock sound".
    • For GSM/WCDMA users who have lost 3G: enter *#*#4636#*#* into the dialer. Then goto "Phone Information". Near the bottom of that screen there's a drop down of network preference. For GSM-ONLY use GSM (PRL). Exit that screen and reboot the phone. Wipe cache/dalvik cache if you still don't get 3G back or have many phone FCs.
    • For GSM/WCDMA users who seem to boot up into an phone FC loop. Try removing "GlobalNWSwitch.apk" from /system/app folder. Is probably only useful for DualRadio models.
    • For a Gallery replacement use "QuickPic" from the market

QUICK REFERENCE "/system/build.prop" ITEMS OF NOTE FOR NON-VZW USERS

CHANGE THIS TO 3 for GSM(PRI), 4 for CDMA and 7 for GLOBAL PHONE
    # Default network type.
    # 7 => Global Phone (4 => CDMA).
    ro.telephony.default_network=7

CHANGE THIS TO FALSE TO DISABLE THE DUAL MODE RADIO
    # BEGIN Moto,IKDROIDPRO-430, a17673
    # Feature33857 on DroidWE, support DualMode switch, UMTS/CDMA
    ro.mot.FTR.33857=true
    # END IKDROIDPRO-430

CHANGE THIS TO FALSE TO FORCE A SIM SETUP ON THE LOCKSCREEN
    # BEGIN Moto, IKSTABLETWO-1284, nfjb73
    # without this property, the lock screen would take global phone as UMTS
    # block user to operate before setup
    keyguard.no_require_sim = true
    # End Moto

FOR BACKLIGHT CUSTOM SETTINGS IN CM9: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22637417&postcount=957

** AS A RULE, IF YOU'RE EXPERIENCING "ODDNESS" WHICH ISN'T MENTIONED ABOVE PLEASE WIPE DATA/CACHE/DALVIK CACHE AND TRY AGAIN
    FYI: Fixed the links in the OP to account for the new home of files.rombot.org where the files are located.

Also, support for this build is mostly done as we are moving to the new KEXEC alpha. But I wanted to make sure that the links were still valid.
    Alright, sounds good. I will flash it when I get a chance. Thanks!

In this case, I took the updated files from the official soak test (906) and pushed them up so that they are used in the D3 cm/aokp builds.

Jhiza has the right of it, sometimes you'll see minor improvements here and there. Will need some input as to how much of a difference the new binaries make.

NOTE: CM9 has added back in the theme system, and I merged that into last nights build as well. And updated the CM release tools -- flashing zips now tries to keep your gapps in place. So from the 5/7 build on, if you have gapps installed and don't need to update them, then don't re-flash gapps after flashing the rom.zip. THIS IS ONLY A CHANGE FOR CM9.

Sent from my Droid 3 using Tapatalk 2