[ROM][ShenQi_V4][20120218] CM7 XT720, Enjoy HD recording and H264 720p Video playback

Search This thread

harleyhemant

Dec 23, 2010
Bangalore
Been close to 3 months since I first flashed Shenqi V4 n V4.1 since mchlbenner gave us the link.

Verdict: Get a decent card >class 6, ext3, flash modsbf n apply ShenqiV4.1

Everythin works except native wifi tethering n BT Controls.

Use Wireless Tether for root users, n use the playback controls on the phone itself instead of BT.

Will continue testin other Roms on this XT keepin my new MoPho as the primary phone :)

Sent from my XT 1 Turbo

cwkhong

Jan 3, 2008
i luv the v4 not 4.1, a little ics looks, but very unstable. or is it just me? strange thing is, the 1st time i installed this over cronosx, no sbf. it was nearly usable very few fc / reboot. then i install again fr asian sbf and it became worse lots fc / reboot. shame i really luv this rom looks. but still volume button wake phone not fully workable. is there any 2.3 rom with 100% functional volume button wake phone

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
i luv the v4 not 4.1, a little ics looks, but very unstable. or is it just me? strange thing is, the 1st time i installed this over cronosx, no sbf. it was nearly usable very few fc / reboot. then i install again fr asian sbf and it became worse lots fc / reboot. shame i really luv this rom looks. but still volume button wake phone not fully workable. is there any 2.3 rom with 100% functional volume button wake phone

ChronosX has volume wake working and has parts of this ROM added I think so it is close, I think it is the most stable for now.

[ROM] [20120426]CronosX (Android2.3.7) for XT720 continues...update to RC2.1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download Link:
    *http://xt720.ru/Files/Mods/ShenqiV4-En.7z (Mirror:http://depositfiles.com/files/29g2s4ovg?redirect)
    *framework-res.apk: if you want multiple language support ( more than English and Chinese), download this file and replace the old one in /system/framework

Introduction:
    The Rom I worked on was from a Chinese forum ztphone. And by the original Rom's name I thought it might be a branch version from KANG's CM7 Rom. :) So it is good to trace back and share the Rom here. Any feedback and comments are highly appreciated!
    Highlight:
    *Moto Camera, Moto MediaGallery and Moto Videoplayer port to CM7
    *800w Camera and HD recording (1280*720) work fine
    *Smoothly 720p H264 baseline profle video play with HW decode support
    *Media button and all sensor work
    Lowlight
    *HDMI not work
    *I customized the ROM for Chinese phone. Sorry for some possible language inconvinience. Language locale was set to en_GB in build.prop for this version.

Installing Instructions
    1. Install milestone default 2.1 rom(Russian, CBW, Singapore, whatever).Root it with androot or superoneclickroot.Install last openrecovery build from Mioze7Ae.
    2. Unzip the ROM, put the folder Shenqi-V4-En to your sdcard "nandroid\openrecovery". Boot to OpenRecovery, and use "nandroid->restore" to flash.
    3. This additional step is only *required* for Korean Xt720 model. Put "Korean_Patch.zip" to sdcard "openrecovery/updates ", and update it in OpenRecovery
    So what are you thinkin Mz? Was I overstating the goodness of this ROM? You think you can work your magic to finish this baby off? LOL I was really hoping you'd give it a shot without being pushy Hahaha

It's a nice ROM. My main focus remains building ROMs from source, though (CM6, CM7). I try to study and debug and help where I can, but I'm still committed to CM6.
    Add framework-res.apk file to support multiple language. (See on 1st floor)
    Download the file, and replace the old one in /system/framework/, then you could have multiple languagne, including French in the system.
    Steps I followed

1) Flashed to CBW using RSD-LITE
    2) Rooted and Installed openrecovery build from Mioze7Ae,copied contents to SD nandroid/openrecovery
    3) Restored nadroid (ShenqiV4-En- restore all), wiped dalvik, wiped cache,wipe/format.
    4) Rebooted.

On rebooting I see the boot animation and the phone immediately reboots (like boot loop), but it does not always boot loop, sometimes I can see the lock screen and when I unlock it ,it again re-boots. Could anybody please tell me if I had missed steps in between ?

I wiped all before and after, that is the only difference I think. Everything is great for me so far! Only problem I am having is my sdcard, having trouble getting it to read to copy files. You could try repairing your sdcard before flashing, I know that is most of my issues. This ROM is freakin awesome!