[LEAK][ICS 4.0.3] Acer_AV041_A100_1.012.00_WW_GEN1

Search This thread

rambo6

Jan 19, 2006
Salt Lake City, Utah
I unmounted my SD card. Hard reset my device. Mounted a new SD card. Renamed the file Update.zip on my PC (note: the ."zip" disappeared after renaming). Transferred the file to the new SD card and followed the procedure.

It worked great. Here's what I have found.

ICS is much faster, especially the browser.
I have no sound issues.
The camera viewer is messed up.
Sometimes the home screen is slow to respond when icons are touched.
HP's ePrint Home app does not work. It did work with HC.

Overall ICS is a big improvement over HC. I bought the A100 just to play with and because I liked the size and price. If Acer gets the official ICS ROM right, the A100 will become one of my favorite devices.

Sent from my A100 using xda premium

RonMac

Aug 9, 2007
Brooklyn
I'm thinking of buying this Tablet and the fact that there is an ICS update here is a huge plus but 4.5 hour battery is what is keeping me on the fence. With the update, is the battery life any better?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

BrothaJINC

Nov 28, 2011
Colorado Springs
Hey I'm trying to update using this..... Renamed the file to update.zip and Wen I boot into recovery it starts going and say looking for boot image..... Then it goes to the android guy with the gears then changes to android with the triangle.... Wut is going on??????

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

phitch

Jan 29, 2012
Hey I'm trying to update using this..... Renamed the file to update.zip and Wen I boot into recovery it starts going and say looking for boot image..... Then it goes to the android guy with the gears then changes to android with the triangle.... Wut is going on??????

I had this same problem and the solution will make you kick yourself in the teeth. You may have a Gen2 flexrom, in which case you need to downgrade then upgrade you can check that out by going to the about tablet, and image version if it says gen2 you need to downgrade. If not then you are already good right now. But here is what I was doing wrong, when you go into recovery by pressing volume up and power button, don't let go until you see the update actually start. I kept letting go before the update actually began (the bar filling up) and kept getting the ! error.

Reactions: Mordak

bjones72751

Nov 4, 2010
Could someone possibly tell me if Order and Chaos runs on this update? If not I'll have to wait for root and build.prop mods. That's the only game I play damn it, lol.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

rambo6

Jan 19, 2006
Salt Lake City, Utah
I posted earlier that the camera viewing screen was not working after the ICS update. I also stated that HP's ePrint home was not working.

After 2 days use and turning the device off, both problems seem to be fixed.

The only problem I have now with the ROM is that using the browser, I cannot figure out how to show my bookmarks in a list. All I see are large Icons. I prefer the list view better. Does anyone else have this problem?

Battery life is more than 4.5 hours, but I think I was getting better battery life with HC. It seems I could go almost all day with. HC.

Reactions: RonMac

RonMac

Aug 9, 2007
Brooklyn
Thanks for answering my question about battery life.

One step closer for me!

I posted earlier that the camera viewing screen was not working after the ICS update. I also stated that HP's ePrint home was not working.

After 2 days use and turning the device off, both problems seem to be fixed.

The only problem I have now with the ROM is that using the browser, I cannot figure out how to show my bookmarks in a list. All I see are large Icons. I prefer the list view better. Does anyone else have this problem?

Battery life is more than 4.5 hours, but I think I was getting better battery life with HC. It seems I could go almost all day with. HC.

jondi23

Apr 3, 2011
Can u downgrade thru the tablet or do u have to have a pc??

Tru the tablet not on PC.

do i need to do a factory reset to flash this?

Not really but if you want a nice clean flash than you should do a factory reset and ics is a very good rom by side the cam bug and having a very hard time to root it. Is much faster than hc

Last edited:

Mordak

Nov 9, 2008
Orange, MA
www.bikergeek.org
I had this same problem and the solution will make you kick yourself in the teeth. You may have a Gen2 flexrom, in which case you need to downgrade then upgrade you can check that out by going to the about tablet, and image version if it says gen2 you need to downgrade. If not then you are already good right now. But here is what I was doing wrong, when you go into recovery by pressing volume up and power button, don't let go until you see the update actually start. I kept letting go before the update actually began (the bar filling up) and kept getting the ! error.

This answers my question then. I have a Gen2. Thanks.

tirlibibi

Mar 15, 2010
Lot of troubles !
I tried severals games under ICS, i got Dead Living and Airport City which not work, the games start but the touchscreen does not work ingame.

Joecascio2000

So I read that there are some camera bugs. Just FYI, checkout "Camera ICS" or "Camera ICS+" in the market. It might solve the green screen preview bug.

It works great and has replaced my camera app on both my phone and tab. Includes lots of features too.

*Silent Mode
*Color Effects
*Several options for the Volume buttons (my favorite feature)
*Increase/decrease JPEG quality
*It feels snappier, although start-up time is about the same

BrothaJINC

Nov 28, 2011
Colorado Springs

Yea that wasn't the problem.... The file keeps getting curupt... I had to download on my pc then put on sdcard and worked...... Just saying don't give people false info......

Top Liked Posts