Kernel sources

Search This thread

flakz0r

Feb 8, 2010
Lisbon
Finally someone to build a serious tegra3 kernel, welcome to the HTC side :)

I hope you can fix the idle battery consumption like you did with the Nexus.

Would also be cool if the One X didn't chew through my battery as it does currently, that's my only complaint so far :D

Just donated to get the party started, now lets push HTC for those sources ;)

Reactions: franciscofranco

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
I'm running Franco's kernel on my galaxy nexus and also was running it on my galaxy note. He has the best kernels out there. Great balance of performance with very good battery life.

x.Orville.x

Jun 12, 2011
Ponce
great i use franco kernel for the gnex good to know to come to tbe one x that's excellent

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

tids2k

Apr 21, 2009
Sydney
Google Pixel 6 Pro
So HTC didn't release kernel sources for this device yet right?... I'm planning to build kernels for this device as soon as they are available.

They are going to be blind builds until I manage to get money for the device.

Well before we start cooking kernels' the first thingvto do eould be to get s-off on the device. Franco i know you would be thinking the same. Have you unlocked your device's bootloader yet. And if revolutionary or some other teams make s-off possible, would it be possible to indo the unlocking procedure we did via htcdev.com ?
Sent from my HTC One X

endursa

Dec 26, 2008
Linz
...would it be possible to indo the unlocking procedure we did via htcdev.com ?...

i asume you mean undo, and the answer is yes and no, if revolutionary manages to crack the hboot and provide us with a solution to get a real unlocked bootloader with s-off then you can also reflash a locked bootloader and get s-on back

but htc keeps record of devices unlocked through htcdev.com, so even if send your device to service, they know that the phone was unlocked once. The better question is whether HTC will charge you for repair or not, i have not found a clear statement yet on how your warranty is void after unlocking the official way.
Some say it is void for software issues, but then i think, it's easy to say from HTC point of view to just use software as source for nearly every Hardware fault!

As long as i have no clear statement from HTC (which i'm gonna email them about, right now :D) i will wait with the unlock. but not having root, coming from a nexus device kind of sucks :(

Annihlist

May 26, 2010
OnePlus 7 Pro
Oh yay. I just gave my dad my galaxy nexus and swapped with the HTC one x. I was using your kernal. Your kernal made my phone snappy

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

animaleyes76

May 23, 2011
Prague

Would also be cool if the One X didn't chew through my battery as it does currently, that's my only complaint so far :D

Is yours that bad? Mine goes through about 1% over 8 hours idle!! :confused:

MikeC84

Jun 21, 2010
Tucson
Google Pixel 6
So HTC didn't release kernel sources for this device yet right?... I'm planning to build kernels for this device as soon as they are available.

HTC has been known for not releasing source code in a timely manner.

You will be waiting at least a month before source shows up...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I think they have up to 90 days to release the Kernel sources. :) Glad to have you aboard.