Can't find a Nexus 10 at Wal-Mart!!!

Search This thread

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
I do wonder what other job a lot of WalMart employees would be able to find in a great many areas in the US and Canada though, if WalMart or something like it didn't exist.

And where a lot of WalMart customers would shop if it didn't exist, and how much more expensive things could be in general if Walmart didn't exist.

Something to think about, no? And I mean think about, not just post up an instant retort. Really think about that.

No. On Average Wal-Mart FOOD items are 10% cheaper or even less than 10% in many instances & on consumert goods, they are about the same price. They gave up trying to beat everyone's prices & instituted price match awhile back instead. They used to be a significant amount less expensive, but now it's really not that big of a deal. Especially on items like meat, where I can go to Albertson's & get better quality for less. Wal-Mart isn't the "Low Cost" leader any more & if you ask me, I'd rather things be localized than deal with big cheap corporations. Much prefer main street over big box any day, even if it does cost me a bit more. BTW, Wal-Mart is also Sam's Club, same company.

jjdevega

Jan 3, 2011
Bothell, Washington
No. I broke down and ordered a 16gb from the Play Store.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Ahhh... I actually place an order at staples.com for the 32gig. Hopefully their expected delivery date is only a rough estimate and will ship sooner if and when they receive it sooner. Or I'll cancel if my local Walmart get them in sooner. Congrats guys!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

MoInSTL

Sep 17, 2012
St. Louis
Mine too. Suppose to be here Wednesday. Yeah.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Double check with UPS. Mine was supposed to be Wednesday and now it's early Tuesday.
I can't imagine a whole other day since we are about 10 miles apart.

Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Tuesday, 11/20/2012
Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
Wednesday, 11/21/2012

Last edited:
Reactions: spdwiz18

Droid_Junky

Mar 2, 2010
Ahhh... I actually place an order at staples.com for the 32gig. Hopefully their expected delivery date is only a rough estimate and will ship sooner if and when they receive it sooner. Or I'll cancel if my local Walmart get them in sooner. Congrats guys!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Can you check your Staples order status? I ordered from Staples Saturday morning. Looked at the status yesterday and it was changed to "cancelled." I called customer service and the guy said this is normal for pre-sale items. He said that I would get a phone call when it came in and another order would be placed after they made sure I still wanted it. So basically what I thought was a some deal doesn't seem to be the case.

And to get back on topic my wife has found one Walmart that insist that they will be getting a shipment in. I'm not getting my hopes up!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

spdwiz18

Double check with UPS. Mine was supposed to be Wednesday and now it's early Tuesday.
I can't imagine a whole other day since we are about 10 miles apart.

Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Tuesday, 11/20/2012
Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
Wednesday, 11/21/2012

You are right. Out for delivery today. Yeah.

Sent from my toroplus using xda premium

thelonghop

Jan 6, 2012
Google has really hosed this release. Ive had a WM employee use the bar code to check every WM in DFW and OK and no one has it. How can the debut be delayed a week, a sticker on the shelf, and no one have any in stock? It's unbelievable.

jjdevega

Jan 3, 2011
Bothell, Washington
Google has really hosed this release. Ive had a WM employee use the bar code to check every WM in DFW and OK and no one has it. How can the debut be delayed a week, a sticker on the shelf, and no one have any in stock? It's unbelievable.

Maybe there waiting for the Pogo Pin charger to pass so that they can include it with the package? Wishful thinking is all.

Blueback22

Dec 22, 2010
Bothell, WA

Did you find a shelf sticker in DFW? On Wednesday the Lewisville location told me they just got their display unit and went back to get it. While waiting ten minutes I nearly wet my pants with anticipation, but they came out and said they were thinking of something else. Booo.

MMcCraryNJ

Jul 19, 2010
Acworth, GA USA

I would imagine that they either pulled their stock from brick and mortar stores to fulfill Play Store orders, or the tablet was meant to be a Play Store exclusive for a little bit. I remember everyone was crying foul during the Nexus 7 launch because they had pre-ordered direct from Google, but other people were able to walk right into Gamestop and pick one up while the pre-order people had to wait a week.

Either way it was a good decision on Google's part.

pickscrape

Dec 23, 2010
Did you find a shelf sticker in DFW? On Wednesday the Lewisville location told me they just got their display unit and went back to get it. While waiting ten minutes I nearly wet my pants with anticipation, but they came out and said they were thinking of something else. Booo.

Small world! I was there (Lewisville Walmart) on Sunday, but they told me they had no idea when it was going to be in.

I would have bought an N7 from there too if they'd have had the display model accessible, but they didn't so I got it from Highland Village instead. :)

So now when they do get the N10 in, I'm going to have to decide whether or not I would actually prefer it to the N7, which is in the process of impressing me quite a bit...

Blueback22

Dec 22, 2010
Bothell, WA
Small world! I was there (Lewisville Walmart) on Sunday, but they told me they had no idea when it was going to be in.

I would have bought an N7 from there too if they'd have had the display model accessible, but they didn't so I got it from Highland Village instead. :)

So now when they do get the N10 in, I'm going to have to decide whether or not I would actually prefer it to the N7, which is in the process of impressing me quite a bit...

I was hoping for a 32 gig, but got impatient and ordered the 16 gig. Of course today the 32 is back in stock on the play store! I'd bet Wal-Mart (or and B&M store) doesn't get them until after Christmas.

Whereabouts in Dallas are you?

thelonghop

Jan 6, 2012

Yes I've seen the sticker at multiple locations.

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Maybe there waiting for the Pogo Pin charger to pass so that they can include it with the package? Wishful thinking is all.

Yeah I looked for accessories as well and couldn't find any. I really hope this isn't another gnex with zero aftermarket support.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

I would imagine that they either pulled their stock from brick and mortar stores to fulfill Play Store orders, or the tablet was meant to be a Play Store exclusive for a little bit. I remember everyone was crying foul during the Nexus 7 launch because they had pre-ordered direct from Google, but other people were able to walk right into Gamestop and pick one up while the pre-order people had to wait a week.

Either way it was a good decision on Google's part.

No way they pulled supply because there just wouldn't be time to do it. If it was going to be a Google exclusive fine, but then they should have given a different WM launch date. I just think they rushed it. They shouldn't give a launch date and say it's in WM if that's not really the plan.

pickscrape

Dec 23, 2010
I was hoping for a 32 gig, but got impatient and ordered the 16 gig. Of course today the 32 is back in stock on the play store! I'd bet Wal-Mart (or and B&M store) doesn't get them until after Christmas.

Whereabouts in Dallas are you?

Lewisville, just up the road from the Walmart on Main St.

I really hope they get it in before Christmas! Though I suppose a bit of time will allow me to make a really good assessment of the N7. Honestly, I can see me ending up with both eventually, but I can't really afford to buy both right now. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If only we had a thread to discuss this... maybe name it something like.. "Nexus 10 - Where To Buy, Price, Shipping, E.T.C..."

Except that thread is cluttered with complaints about the sorry status of Google Play Store's online orders.
    Yes please -- both numbers if you will. Thanks!

Walmart SKU# I posted in a photo on the last page.

The UPC on the box is 887276017747

The SKU# on the box is GTP8110HVGR
    I finally found one!!!

A lot of calling stores and finally found someone who knows what they are doing and checked every store for me on the system.

I got one in the Seabrook, NH store and there is one left available there.

The guy said there is some in Methuen, MA, Danvers, MA & Salem, NH

My seals were both in tact and I only have some minimal light bleed in the lower right hand corner in Landscape mode. In real life use, I can't even notice it.
    This post is in response to each post since my last post :)

That is the sku on the product box. I gave my wife the receipt for safe keeping.

It was the 24 hour lynwood walmart, but as I said I got their first and so far ONLY one. I do not know when they will get more.

I think on of the two seals was broken... one was totally intact. The guy at the counter might have broken one seal in front of me but I was TOOOOOO excited to remember!!!! LOL The unit was perfect ... there is a plastic protective cover on the class you must remove, there were no fingerprints on that or any other part of the plastic covering the whole unit ... there was dust under the cover ... but once I took the plastic off the screen was PERFECT no dust under the glass.... the guy at electronics BOB deserves a raise for being awesome and nice!!!:laugh:

I will take a look at the receipt later when my wife tells me where it is.

again GOOD LUCK FELLAS!!! :highfive:
    Google and walmart come on..................