[ROM] Myn’s Warm Donut - [RLS 5 - 04/24/2010] - Added Odexed version 06/27

Do you like the current font?

• Total voters
Search This thread

drewden123

Mar 8, 2008
Awesome Myn. You're really pushing these vogues to their peak potential. I loved the MS 6.1 and 6.5 ROMS that NSFFAN put together, but this build of yours really hits it out of the park.

Any chance the NAND version can somehow be manually switched from 320 x 480 on install (and thus first Market use, so all apps are available) to 240 x 320 for subsequent usage (much easier to read the app fonts)? It's really easy to do by changing the default text on the SD install, but I'm not finding anything about how to change the screen resolution on the NAND installs.

Can't wait for the next release. Looks really excellent. Keep up the great work.

To change resolution, simply flash to the latest 240x320 nbh from dzo's site. You won't lose any data, just change screen res and kernel

incubus26jc

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2009
Illinois
hey guys, i found a cool little dual boot program for windows\android. It boot into windows just enough to display this.
genydualbootug.jpg

it will not boot android independently but is still nice to have the choice when booting up phone. I had to move all my android files out of android folder and put them directly on the storage card for this to work. you can find the download here.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=623792
Install to device memory.
Thank you yozgatg

subirsingh28

Jan 4, 2009
I wanted to give everyone an update. I've been spending every spare hour of my time on this new build and haven't been so responsive.

I've been doing some mass experimenting here which is why things are taking a little longer than I planned.

After doing some benchmark testing between the "donut better browser" in the current Warm Donut and the newer Nexus browser I have come to the conclusion and I think some others have seen similar results in the 2.1 threads that the Nexus browser is actually slower on our vogues. At least for now. That coupled with the added overhead of the libs required to run the Nexus browser in Donut are making me think I should deviate from this in the short term until we see some performance gain in this area.

Another thing I've been working on is increasing the performance even more so in this next build. My goal is to produce the FASTEST vogue-android build period, not just the fastest Donut. I've done some A/B testing with current and new and I can say hands down this new release is even more snappy :). I am litterly blown away by the amount of widgets that can be run asynchronously on all 5 screens without noticeable lag in the launcher or application transition experience.

With that said, It may be a few more days until the next release. As mentioned I am about speed, stability and usability. Inherently these three properties should create a quality product. This just takes time.
HI buddy...plz do revert..how can i turn off the wifi..as the moment i try to do so the phone just freezes and then i hv to reboot. Also i want to access internet so where can i put the gprs settings.

rickdom09r

Nov 9, 2009
Problem loading widget?

I use the SD card method to load this build and yes, it's great donut build! The only problem I have now is the widget not working properly:

1) Finance --> Forced closed and on the screen shows "loading ticker.." and nothing more
2) Cakendar --> Showing "Problem loading widget"
3) Analog clock --> OK
4) Music --> OK
5) Wather (Large / small / Tiny) --> After keyin the zip code, widget showing "loading data..." and nothing more.

Anyone has this kind of issue?

bblount

Feb 10, 2007
Thanks

I had no Idea it was that easy! Thanks for the help.

Is there a easy way to update the Bluetooth when not using nand?

mrkite38

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 30, 2009
California
I had no Idea it was that easy! Thanks for the help.

Is there a easy way to update the Bluetooth when not using nand?

If you're not squeamish about unsquashing and resquashing the system.sqsh, then it shouldn't be too hard. I don't think it can remounted rw when the system's running. But myn said he'd be putting out new builds with the fix incorporated (eventually.)

MiZi666

Sep 8, 2007
bavaria
need help

is there a way to use the ON SCREEN KEYBOARD (write sms, etc..),
except to check ORIENTATION in settings- then to slide the hardware keyboard out and in that the screen turns 270° not 90° (for typing with the hardw. kybd) - then you will be able to activate it via a tap in the textfield.

i will use it, when i rotate my droid to 90° and tap in the textfield...

thanks in advance

drewden123

Mar 8, 2008
If you're not squeamish about unsquashing and resquashing the system.sqsh, then it shouldn't be too hard. I don't think it can remounted rw when the system's running. But myn said he'd be putting out new builds with the fix incorporated (eventually.)

I put it in the directory /init.cfg via ADB Explorer and rebooted.

remygreen

Nov 16, 2008
NYC
myn this is such a good build =D!

I have a question, the only thing stopping me from giving it a 100% is the fact that when i reply to a text msg it fails cause there is a <+555-xxx-xxxx> (plus sign) and that messes up the number and causes text to fail and call out apps as well. i have changed local to US en too.

Any Ideas.

BTW @myn if you need any graphical help let me know. I can pretty much make anything graphic wise.

Thanks

myn

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2007
myn this is such a good build =D!

I have a question, the only thing stopping me from giving it a 100% is the fact that when i reply to a text msg it fails cause there is a <+555-xxx-xxxx> (plus sign) and that messes up the number and causes text to fail and call out apps as well. i have changed local to US en too.

Any Ideas.

BTW @myn if you need any graphical help let me know. I can pretty much make anything graphic wise.

Thanks

Try going into Custom Locale (via app launcher) and change some of the localization settings.

Regarding the graphics.. I may just take you up on that. Thanks for offering. :)

remygreen

Nov 16, 2008
NYC
Seriously, I have group of 20 guys email me Geremy@Yourtechline(.)com all free. this is some great work here. and i will try that right now.

thanks.

Pandemic187

Jan 22, 2009
North Carolina

Updated first post.
Upon some testing, I'm not sure the phone wakes up correctly when using your build. The alarm doesn't seem to wake it up - which isn't a huge deal, but I got a call earlier and it woke up, but not completely - I couldn't accept the call. I suppose I'll test it more and see what I can figure out.

EDIT: Upon further testing, they both actually seem to work!

Last edited:

Electroz

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 7, 2008
St. John's
Morning, all -

If you swap out the init.donut.rc below for the one in /init.cfg and reboot, bluetooth should work. Easiest on NAND, of course...

You'll need to remount / rw to change the file

Code:
adb shell mount -o rw,remount /
adb shell mv /init.cfg/init.donut.rc init.donut.orig
adb push /path/to/downloaded/file/init.donut.rc /init.cfg/

Reboot and done. Let me know if you have problems, I haven't personally tested this fix with this build but I have used it with other donut builds.

This isn't working for me. the "adb shell mount -o rw,remount /" command just locks up solid.

Top Liked Posts