[ROM][03/24/2012] GSB v4.5 - Final | CM7.2 | It's been a great ride...

Search This thread

It IS Lupus

Jun 26, 2010
I just wanted to thank all the devs who kept this phone up to date. I just picked up a Rezound from Verizon

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

Reactions: workshed

phoneAphoria

Oct 18, 2009
We need a better word than Thanks!

"Thanks" just seems inadequate to cover all the work you've done to keep the lil ol Eris ticking for us, 'Shed. This has been a quite a memorable ride, indeed.

When I stand back and look at our corner of XDA and XDA as a whole, it's seriously mind blowing what is being accomplished - and all for free - wow. I sure as hell hope at least some of those folks at Google and the the mgfrs appreciate the role XDA and the other forums have had in Android's success.

Beyond that, I also want to say that every endeavor is a reflection of it's founder(s). And this mini-community our Eris Dev forum has has been one of the best run and best vibed I've ever participated in and I think that because it's a reflection of who you are 'Shed, and of course everyone here that participated.

My only personal regret was that it's caught me at a time when I've also been out of work and I couldn't donate any $ to help support your efforts here. It was gratifying to see that so many others were willing and able to help you when you needed it and that you had the courage to ask.

I'm finally off contract and just month to month with Verizon and I'm not sure what phone or carrier I'm going to wind up with but it's due to your amazing work that I have a usable phone in the interim.

Thanks to EVERYONE here who contributed and made this place so much fun.

All the best with everything you do.

Reactions: workshed

RKight

Aug 27, 2010
Louisville
I have an odd issue and I'm hoping maybe I can get a bit of help with it. I bought my Eris from a friend as a backup phone / toy. I've always gotten a decent signal with it but have usually used the WiFi only script, after each ROM I've installed, to help with battery life. I decided to install this ROM and, right from the very first boot, I have been unable to pick up a signal (even in areas where my Rezound gets a perfect signal). I have tried everything to fix this. I've messed with the radio settings using *#*#4636#*#*. I've also flashed way back to an early radio, hboot, and the Cupcake RUU, then upgraded one by one through the various RUUs and OTAs until I ended up on the final version. Nothing is working. I don't even get the option to activate the phone on any of the stock ROMs. No matter what I do, I don't get service. I ran CyanogenMod 7.1 in the past, along with a handful of other ROMs, and never had a problem. It wasn't until this one that this started happening. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this, and maybe know how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I tried flashing back to 1.5 once again, and I went into Mobile Network Settings and was able to get a signal by changing the "Network Service" setting from "Home only" to "Automatic A". I never had to do this before. Any ideas on how I might be able to change that?

Last edited:

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I have an odd issue and I'm hoping maybe I can get a bit of help with it. I bought my Eris from a friend as a backup phone / toy. I've always gotten a decent signal with it but have usually used the WiFi only script, after each ROM I've installed, to help with battery life. I decided to install this ROM and, right from the very first boot, I have been unable to pick up a signal (even in areas where my Rezound gets a perfect signal).

Let me make sure I understand you correctly. Your Eris was activated and working on the service for calls/3G et cetera before trying this ROM?

I don't know if this might help, but...

1. Download "APN OnOff" from the market and install it.

2. Run it and and choose "Show APN list" in the middle of the screen.

3. Press the Menu soft key and choose "Reset to default" on the right.

4. You can try it again now, if this doesn't work, reboot and try again.

If that doesn't work:

A. Download and install "APN Backup and Restore" from the market.

B. Download the zip file I have attached.

C. Unzip it and copy or move the "ApnBackupRestore" folder it creates (and the folder's contents) to the root of your SD card.

D. Run APN Backup and Restore and choose "Delete APNs". Then choose "Restore APNs" and restore them from the xml file I gave you, which should automatically be listed when you choose that.

Once again, you can try before and after a reboot. Hopefully one of these methods works for you.

FYI the APN backup I attached is from a version of xtrSENSE that was based off the July OTA (probably xtrSENSE v4.5 through 4.6.5). Fresh from a boot, without having done anything else first.

ThaTwizzla

Sep 1, 2010
Haha!! Yeessss!

awww this is great. i had this phone layin around for years.
rockin IC3 on mah RazR
now its on this baby!!

DashCommand
and Torque Pro (Automotive tools)
work surprisingly well

MUCH PRAISE SIR!! THANK YOU :D

RKight

Aug 27, 2010
Louisville
Let me make sure I understand you correctly. Your Eris was activated and working on the service for calls/3G et cetera before trying this ROM?

I got to thinking about the whole APN thing and remembered it had to do with mobile data, so I reread your post and just saw the part that I quoted. The phone was previously activated but I bought it from a friend as a backup phone and something to tinker with in my spare time. It is not currently activated and the only reason I'm worried about the sudden loss of signal and the inability to get a signal, without changing the roaming settings, is because I want to make sure it's working okay for if/when I may need to use it as my backup. I tried updating the PRL using *228 and option 2 but I got a message saying it failed. I guess it only works on activated phones.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
It is not currently activated and the only reason I'm worried about the sudden loss of signal and the inability to get a signal, without changing the roaming settings, is because I want to make sure it's working okay for if/when I may need to use it as my backup. I tried updating the PRL using *228 and option 2 but I got a message saying it failed. I guess it only works on activated phones.

I believe it's normal for an unactivated phone to not show any signal at all.

TheAtheistReverend

Mar 29, 2010
Minneapolis
I'm going to say thank you again Shed! Every time I brush off the old Eris I am running this and will come back and thank you again. Hope to see you on the same phone as I am again someday!

Osirus71

Aug 6, 2010
Austin, Tx
Can someone else activate my eris using this rom or do they have to flash a sense base rom??? gonna sell it and just wondering if i have to go to a sense based for someone else to activate....

thanks.....

shoffman00

Aug 20, 2011
Pittsburgh
How can I play WMV files? None of the market apps will play WMV audio.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Edit: I was able to play WMV audio on stock rooted Rom.

Last edited:

kylegrant

Jan 23, 2012
quick question - does this rom come with cache2cache included? since shed thanked zach.xtr for it, i would think it does? just wondering since i cant find anything in this thread to determine either way.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

CyanogenMOD 7.2 [Gingerbread 2.3.7] for the HTC Eris

Thanks to...

Conap - for being one of the best people I know on the internet, and a great Mentor. You're the best, man!
    Cyanogen & Team Douche - for all the hours of awesome work they do
    gnarlyc - for helping pin down the camera and gps issue
    The Hero Crowd - for doing awesome dev work that has helped us eris devs greatly
    bftb0 - for the Undead call Fix Script
    MOS95B - for the awesome file hosting server
    Tazz - for the tiny gapps package
    CondemnedSoul - for the qcom lib & Maps 5.2
    MongooseHelix - for deving and sharing with me, awesome guy.
    zach.xtr - for the great Cache2Cache Script
    sonnysekhon & boykioy - for the ICS theming
    HaRdC0r3 - for loads of tweaks
    Anyone that has donated! - I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

5.jpg
    6.jpg

7.jpg
    8.jpg
    9.jpg

|| Android Gingerbread 2.3.7 - CyanogenMOD 7.2
    || Sync'd with CM7 source & compiled on 03-24-2012
    || Conap's Unreleased CFS Kernel clocked @ max:604mhz - min:245mhz Governor: ondemand (try smartass gov for better batt life)
    || Undead Call Fix by bftb0
    || GO-LauncherEX
    || Odexed!
    || Bootanimation Credit: Adam2010

As everyone should know...
    always nandroid backup before flashing anything...
    and know what you're doing...
    dev's are not responsible for your actions...

Instructions ...
    || Boot in recovery...
    || Do a full wipe of data+dalvik...
    || Flash GSB...
    || REBOOT...
    || let phone settle for a bit, come back and setup...

Yell out in joy, that our End of Life Eris has GB on it! :D

THINGS TO NOTE:

Gallery3D was removed in 4.5-Final because the ICS rotations added to the cm repos borked it.
    Please download & install QuickPic after flash if you want to view pictures.

Do NOT flash gapps: it will remove Maps 5.2 and then you're on your own if the new Maps gives you problems.
    Google Search icon is missing: just apply the "ice cream san" theme in the app drawer.

|||DIRECT DOWNLOADS|||

GSB v4.5-Final CM7.2

||| Downloads: ODEXED - md5sum
    ||| Mirror: >> Dev-Host.org <<

WALLPAPER - should already be on your sdcard in GSB-Extras/wallpaper.

Please donate something if you like my efforts. I truly appreciate it!
    DONATE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can follow me on twitter @w0rkshed

SOURCE
    KERNEL
    FIXES/CHANGELOG

v4.5-Final
    • This will be my final release for this phone. It's been fun!
    • Sync'd with cm repos and freshly compiled
    • REMOVED the 3Dgallery: the ICS rotations borked it, download and install QuickPic
    • added all the ring lock styles
    • added disable scrolling-cache
    • added custom carrier label
    • added ICS transitions
    • added improved scrolling cache [ported from ICS]
    • made the ICS theme default upon initial flash
    • updated vending to Google Play
    • too much to list everything, check the cm nightly changelog for full details...
    v4.4 Fixes/Changes
    • Bumped to RC1
    • Chinese characters should be fixed
    • Cleaned up framework
    • Updated some apps
    v4.3 Fixes/Changes
    • Bumped to CM7.2.0-RC0
    • Recompiled CFS Kernel: added tun.ko & cifs.ko modules (both confirmed working)
    • Fixed Minimal Lockscreen Style
    • Quicker screen off animation (reboot phone after initial setup)
    • Overall smaller footprint
    v4.2 Fixes/Changes
    • No more LauncherPro: Until Fede updates LP, I am going with Go-launcher as stock. I'm sorry if this disappoints anyone.
    • Theme packages are on sdcard in "GSB-Extras" you must install them and then apply them both (1 is for the t-mobile ThemeChooser and 1 is for go-launcher)
    • Added Maps 5.2 to ROM: UPDATE AT YOUR OWN RISK, you could lose Maps function with newer updates.
    • Hard themed the lockscreen to look ICS-ish. NOTE: Phone slide lock has a white circle around it, I know, but I kind of like it :)
    • All theme credits besides the lockscreen jog dials (me) go to sonnysekhon & boykioy
    • Turned down max cpu to 604 - removed hardcoded mem values and turned off compcache & jit since it was causing some problems. You can always re-enable them.
    • Removed: CMwallpapers, CM themes & Rom Manager
    • Added Honeycomb lockscreen clock font & ICS Roboto font
    v4.1 Fixes/Changes
    • out of RC phase
    • updated mainline to android 2.3.7
    • now set by default: compcache=18% Jit=On VM heap size=48m NOTE: you can turn these off in cyanogen mod settings if you experience slowdowns
    • rotation to landscape fixed: changed the libGLES_qcom in source to build working libGLES_android.so, thanks to CS for pointing it out in his fix.
    • yes, no ring lag script is still in there ;)
    v4.0 Fixes/Changes
    • Fixed built in CM screenshot (hold power key and select in menu)
    • Updated fingerprint to 2.3.5
    • Added the no_ring_lag script, thanks computerfreek and klobkelosh (EDIT: ODEX version doesn't have the no_ring_lag script, you can install it on your own and test if you'd like.)
    • Still have home screen redraws after reboot, that so called "fix" isn't working, just use Zeps V6 script - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276
    • Here are all the official CM changes since GSB 3.8 - http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged,n,z

Archived Fixes/Changes
    Extra Downloads! - Provided by: MOS95b

These are all .apks and will need to go in system/app
    Use a file explorer with su permissions or adb
    Or just place them on your sdcard and press to install

Since I removed CM7 Themes: Androidian & Cyanbread
    I made flashable zip's so you can have them back if you want.

ROM Archives! - Provided by: MOS95b
    NOTE: No support for these, they're retired...
    v4.5-Final
    • This will be my final release for this phone. It's been fun!
    • Sync'd with cm repos and freshly compiled
    • REMOVED the 3Dgallery: the ICS rotations borked it, download and install QuickPic
    • added all the ring lock styles
    • added disable scrolling-cache
    • added custom carrier label
    • added ICS transitions
    • added improved scrolling cache [ported from ICS]
    • made the ICS theme default upon initial flash
    • updated vending to Google Play
    • too much to list everything, check the cm nightly changelog for full details...
    THINGS TO NOTE:

Gallery3D was removed in 4.5-Final because the ICS rotations added to the cm repos borked it.
    Please download & install QuickPic after flash if you want to view pictures.

Do NOT flash gapps: it will remove Maps 5.2 and then you're on your own if the new Maps gives you problems.
    Google Search icon is missing: just apply the "ice cream san" theme in the app drawer.

|||DIRECT DOWNLOADS|||

GSB v4.5-Final CM7.2

||| Downloads: ODEXED - md5sum
    ||| Mirror: >> Dev-Host.org <<

I love you all ;) thank you for so many fun times!
    I should be getting a rezound soon, right now I'm releasing for the tbolt still.

See you around?

-shed
    Wow, ok, so I got a TON of PM's ... I really had no idea so many people loved this ROM. I'm going to try and stick with you all for a bit longer and keep releasing updates, I'll see how it goes.

This is in response to all the PM's & comments lol ... made me feel bad ;)