Why is the LG G2 community so small?

Search This thread

assumption

Jan 20, 2011
Hey guys,

Just wondering why the Sprint LG G2 community is so small?

I Don't want to get the phone only to have devs stop working on it.

But damn, the specs are pretty impressive!

Nicamarcel1

Mar 25, 2012
worcester
No it won't LG G2 its the first one with Spark I think people will buy it more not less ? Plus they don't know what to get out of this beast of a phone.....

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: assumption

Nicamarcel1

Mar 25, 2012
worcester
You can make it look how ever you want bro I'm telling you but g2 exposed for status and you will thank me old dee plus you can really change anything....

Attachments

• 1391330058945.jpg
    1391330058945.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 227

Nicamarcel1

Mar 25, 2012
worcester
Just look how the navigation bar changes color and the status bar too. With g2 exposed from the android market which will cost you one dollar something ;)

Attachments

• 1391330389857.jpg
    1391330389857.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 202

Nicamarcel1

Mar 25, 2012
worcester
Not sure still ?

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Not I made it look like an iPhone cause my friend were saying that the lg ui suck ! So I change it to their iPhone ui and ask them to make their iPhone like mine$ ? Which will never happened ? They just get what apple give them ?

Ascertion

Mar 29, 2012
Not sure still ?

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Not I made it look like an iPhone cause my friend were saying that the lg ui suck ! So I change it to their iPhone ui and ask them to make their iPhone like mine$ ? Which will never happened ? They just get what apple give them ?

I don't mean to Hijack OP's thread, but what SystemUI are you using for your phone?

Thanks!

B

bachera

have you checked all the threads? why do you think it's small? we got all the major roms bro

Sent from my LG-D802

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
It seems to be a trend I've noticed with the Moto X and now this phone. The devices and OS are getting so good, that very little is needed to "fix" them. I used to be a major flashaholic. I helped develop the method to convert an HTC One to GPE, I haven't run a custom ROM on a device for several months now. Stock Rooted with Xposed is all I need anymore.
Buy the phone for what it can do out of the box, not for what it MAY do in the future.

My 2 cents.

sweets55

May 25, 2009
Once a flash whore always a flash whore. hehe Stock is great with the G2 but I just get bored of it rather quickly. I bounce around to whatever Rom is updated. As of now I like dr87's Roms because the echo is gone with the 801 builds. Some Flex Roms are nice too. Just make sure you back up your EFS. I'm thinking about trying the G Flex phone but not sure I want to do that because the G2 development is good. If the G Flex is to big then I would just wait for the S5 or G3 but if ya need a phone now the G2 is great. Might be able to get a discount for Valentine's day.

assumption

Jan 20, 2011
have you checked all the threads? why do you think it's small? we got all the major roms bro

Sent from my LG-D802

I took a loot at the Sprint section and the android develpment section was 2 pages long...

I plan on using this sucker for 2 whole years, I think I will wait until valentine's day like how sweets55 suggested.

Not really a flash-a-holic anymore. Just want to get rid of bloatware and add wifi tethering.

All signs point to yes on getting this phone

Nov 22, 2013
I took a loot at the Sprint section and the android develpment section was 2 pages long...

I plan on using this sucker for 2 whole years, I think I will wait until valentine's day like how sweets55 suggested.

Not really a flash-a-holic anymore. Just want to get rid of bloatware and add wifi tethering.

Look at the regular Android Development section or the Original Android Development section. They both have multi-variant support for tons of stuff including ROMs and general fixes/apps.

Reactions: assumption

GalaxySIIII

May 25, 2013
simple said it is NOT about third party soft .. it is about amount of end users .. yeah not many people in the world purchased G2 EVEN it is fastest android from all .. CURRENTLY .. it is just because it is not labeled samsung as more people know what that is .. plenty plenty people HAS NO IDEA what LG is ... they know what apple is and samsung .. even HTC or sony is more known .. that is the issue and u been leaded to here for answer for this question .. THAT is the WHY devs. focus more on samsung htc ,sony lg been crap in past .. LG became good in smartphones only in begining of 2013 .. that is just year only ..

Reactions: JeffreyNijnatten

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It seems to be a trend I've noticed with the Moto X and now this phone. The devices and OS are getting so good, that very little is needed to "fix" them. I used to be a major flashaholic. I helped develop the method to convert an HTC One to GPE, I haven't run a custom ROM on a device for several months now. Stock Rooted with Xposed is all I need anymore.
    Buy the phone for what it can do out of the box, not for what it MAY do in the future.

My 2 cents.
    Once a flash whore always a flash whore. hehe Stock is great with the G2 but I just get bored of it rather quickly. I bounce around to whatever Rom is updated. As of now I like dr87's Roms because the echo is gone with the 801 builds. Some Flex Roms are nice too. Just make sure you back up your EFS. I'm thinking about trying the G Flex phone but not sure I want to do that because the G2 development is good. If the G Flex is to big then I would just wait for the S5 or G3 but if ya need a phone now the G2 is great. Might be able to get a discount for Valentine's day.
    No it won't LG G2 its the first one with Spark I think people will buy it more not less ? Plus they don't know what to get out of this beast of a phone.....

But for it being out for 5 months, I would expect a lot more supporters. Whatever, I'm gonna get this sucker!!

Look at the regular Android Development section or the Original Android Development section. They both have multi-variant support for tons of stuff including ROMs and general fixes/apps.