Still not a single rom?

Search This thread

Uclydde

Jan 20, 2013
Orlando
The Z2 tablet has been out for several months, and I love mine, but there still isn't a single custom rom? I really want to load cyanogenmod on this thing. Is there something stopping development or are there just not any developers who own one of these tablets? I'm sorry for coming off as impatient but I can't find any roms on these forums or anywhere else.

cmd-line34

May 7, 2014
The Z2 tablet has been out for several months, and I love mine, but there still isn't a single custom rom? I really want to load cyanogenmod on this thing. Is there something stopping development or are there just not any developers who own one of these tablets? I'm sorry for coming off as impatient but I can't find any roms on these forums or anywhere else.

Well, a few days ago Sony relased the kernel sources on GitHub (as anounced here and the actual sources on GitHub are found here). This should mean that more developers will be able to create some ROMs. However, there is only a preview ROM which was posted on this fourm. Note I said "preview" and it's only for the LTE model. Looks like ROMs are in the works.

I will be flashing Cyanogenmod whenever it comes out for the 16GB Wi-Fi model, so hopfully that will come into existence someday :). Will be watching these fourms! By the way, I'm not a Developer, however I have been looking over these fourms recently.

Reactions: Pondy

Uclydde

Jan 20, 2013
Orlando
Well, a few days ago Sony relased the kernel sources on GitHub (as anounced here and the actual sources on GitHub are found here). This should mean that more developers will be able to create some ROMs. However, there is only a preview ROM which was posted on this fourm. Note I said "preview" and it's only for the LTE model. Looks like ROMs are in the works.

I will be flashing Cyanogenmod whenever it comes out for the 16GB Wi-Fi model, so hopfully that will come into existence someday :). Will be watching these fourms! By the way, I'm not a Developer, however I have been looking over these fourms recently.

Yeah I've got a 32GB WiFi model. At least there's a test version out for the LTE model.

Uclydde

Jan 20, 2013
Orlando
Me tooooooo :D but I want cyanogen mod :(

Sent from my SGP512 using Tapatalk

search

cmd-line34

May 7, 2014
Update for "Still not a single rom?"

I'm sure you guys know this, but there is a unofficial release for Cyanogenmod posted on the original development forum for this tablet (http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z2-tablet/orig-development/z2-tabletdevelopment-cm11-android-4-4-t2809793). Haven't tested it yet however there are a few comments stating that the NFC does not work. Other than that it sounds promising for being in development. Note when you download the ROM there will be "Castor" and "Castor_windy" rom. The "castor_windy" is for the WI-FI model, and the "castor" one is for the LTE supported tablet.

Can anyone get the .zip to download though? It keeps wanting me to pay to download the file. Maybe it's just me though . . .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.