Huawei Mediapad / T-Mobile Springboard Discussion

Search This thread

knoxjon

Sep 1, 2010
knoxville, tennessee
It looks like we have to move our discussion here, so I went ahead and started a thread.

As of now, there is root for the mediapad, but the only way to root the springboard is by flashing it with a rooted mediapad cust.img - which gives you root but loses your 4g.

So for us Springboard users, we either need root or a way to get 4g back if flashing it as a mediapad. Anybody with thoughts or leads or any know-how?

ry4nth

Jul 3, 2009
Finally,
Special room for Huawei Media Pad created,
Thanks to TS

I'm very glad,

Now i'm waiting the master in here to modified this device

cause i still newbie :D

MugenMad

Jul 25, 2009
Actually I Prefer The 3G More THan The 4G For Some Reason I Felt 4G Wasnt Stable Enough....So Im Enjoiying My Mediapad In 3G More Than My Springboard In 4G......

tedbone

Nov 12, 2008
TEXAS
from the other thread, Rumbi wrote:
Yap, only thing you have to do is install Superuser and Busybox from Market and copy "su" from /hwcust/oversea_hk/preload/fixed/bin/ to /system/xbin (e.g. with ES File Explorer with root and r/w enabled), and you are ready to go

I've installed SU & BusyBox. I cannot move the SU file over to /system/xbin. A message tells me that I am not root.
However, when I run Root Check Basic I am told I have root.
I ran Root Check before & after I installed S7-301u V100R001C232B012(Root_version) and Root Check said I did not have root.

So the real question is, How do I really know if I have root?

Actually I installed BusyBox Installer. I'm asked to pick a version to install:

None of these will install.

I also have the option to install a "Custom Tune" is there one? I'd gladly pay for BusyBox pro to get BusyBox running

I powered off the device. Put my sdCard back in (the rooted firmware was removed from it). Then installed the SuperUser update from the market.
Ran that - it said everything was OK. Then I forced it to update - it crashed - so I force closed it. I then realized I could not run the original SuperUser app anymore.

Next, I opened up Root Explorer and was able to move the su file over to the xbin. But now BusyBox is not acting right - It said that it was having problems installing, and I'd need to reflash (or reload - I can't recall) the rom.
I'm rebooting, and going to try to install BusyBox....to be clear on which BusyBox..it's this one:
https://market.android.com/details?...t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsInN0ZXJpY3Nvbi5idXN5Ym94Il0.

Just realized in Root Explorer, to tap the little gray box at the top. After you tap it it should read "Mount R/O"
Now you can long press a folder/file and change the read/write permission.

Rumbi,
You said to r/w enabled the su file....is that check ALL the boxes?...Read, Write, Execute Special?????

Last edited:

Rumbi

Apr 14, 2009
www.ja-ki.eu
IIRC, i had some problems with busybox, too. Copy the file from the attachment to /system/xbin and try the installer again.

And i said to enable r/w support for the /system folder. There are two checkboxes in ES File Explorer. First checkbox is enable root permission for ES File Explorer and second checkbox is "Mount / and /system writable".

Now you should be able to copy whatever file you want to /system/xbin. That's how i have done it. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. I'll try to explain.

PS. You don't ne to alter file permissions of the su-binary but mine are "rwx r-x r-x".

Attachments

• busybox.zip
    412.9 KB · Views: 154
Reactions: tedbone

Stennan

Jul 18, 2010
Rumbi, how do you feel about the High resloution mode, does it slow the tablet down? Have you had a chance to use any tegra 2 devices and if so how does the mediapad with the snapdragon compare when in standerd/high-res mode?

Rumbi

Apr 14, 2009
www.ja-ki.eu
Nothing to complain about the Hi-Res-Mode but i don't have any Tegra2-Devices to compare, sorry. :(

Haven't tried any games in hi-res-mode but normal usage is just fine.

Reactions: Stennan

tedbone

Nov 12, 2008
TEXAS
Thanks. Ill try this out. When i try to install busybox it hangs first, then i force close and run again. Then i get the message about reflashing Rom. But i know i have root. I installed connectbot and ran su and got #

Heres how i got root (im away from my pc right now so i try to be as accurate as possible) :
Installed Hauwei modified rom (its the one that says "(root) " in the file name.

Installed Root explorer

Installed Superuser

Install busybox

Install Connectbot

Put my microsd back in (with the firmware AKA dloa folder removed)

I could not get root explorer to allow rw permissions until i slid the sd card out and back in whil the device was on.

Then i ran connectbot as local and typed su hit enter then superuser popped up asking fo allow connectbot to access. Hit allow an type su hit enter an you should get # This took 3 reinstalls of the firmware to work wjthout errors. The first times resulted in superuser needing to be force closed.

I also ran superuser and went into settings and updated it eventhouh its not neede. There i got a read out saying that busybox is not installed, but it does say i have root.

Sent from my HUAWEI MediaPad using xda premium

tedbone

Nov 12, 2008
TEXAS
Honestly i havent noticed a big difference between high resolution an standard.

The only issue with high res is the small icons and buttons are difficult to hit sometimes

tedbone

Nov 12, 2008
TEXAS
Do i need to unzip this file first?....
.... Nevermind... I unzipped it and put the busybox file in th system/xbin folder.
I installed busybox installer by JRummy16. This time and it worked!!!!!!!
Now its on to figuring out 4G and tryiying to use it as a phone.
What is the xml file i need to edit?

Last edited:

Rumbi

Apr 14, 2009
www.ja-ki.eu
Good, that you have worked it out now :) What exactly do you want to do? To get to the hidden menu, you have to open the calculator and type: ()()2846579()()=

To edit the XML-Files, you have to extract the cust.img... But now that you have root, yo can edit whatever is available via root explorer ;)

€dit: To get 4G working again, maybe with someone with an original Springboard (not a flashed one) can copy the folder /system/lib/. This should be possible even without root. I think it has something to do with the ril-files...

Last edited:

sclavux

Mar 7, 2009
after updating my mediapad to S301uV100R001C232B012, i have problem with 2x Client (RDP client) now, few second after conecting to rdp session, is app 2X client crashing, with error 2x Client has stopped unexpectedly (process com.tux.client), is here anybody with this problem? thanks... :)

tedbone

Nov 12, 2008
TEXAS

Even though I have no clue of what to do with this, THANKS! I tried to open an .so file in notepad, but no luck, but I'm assuming that the geniuses here know what to do.

On an off-root topic - How do you take a screen cap? I accidentally did it yesterday while my MediaPad was lagging, but don't know how I did it.

The Hi Suite that comes with the device can do this, but require a computer and usb hooked up. Useful, but not as practical as doing it from the tablet itself.

Rumbi

Apr 14, 2009
www.ja-ki.eu
The *.so files are a bit like drivers for the internal components. I'll try to find differences between T-Mobile and Huawei so maybe we get 4G working again.

knoxjon

Sep 1, 2010
knoxville, tennessee
Even though I have no clue of what to do with this, THANKS! I tried to open an .so file in notepad, but no luck, but I'm assuming that the geniuses here know what to do.

On an off-root topic - How do you take a screen cap? I accidentally did it yesterday while my MediaPad was lagging, but don't know how I did it.

The Hi Suite that comes with the device can do this, but require a computer and usb hooked up. Useful, but not as practical as doing it from the tablet itself.
I'm not sure how to screencap. It's so easy on CM that I've gotten lazy. Plus I rarely do it. I know there are a ton of apps for that, tho. But you could probably google "gingerbread screen capture" and find a better answer. But not with gingerbread. I'm blanking on the name for this version of android.

tedbone

Nov 12, 2008
TEXAS
I'm not sure how to screencap. It's so easy on CM that I've gotten lazy. Plus I rarely do it. I know there are a ton of apps for that, tho. But you could probably google "gingerbread screen capture" and find a better answer. But not with gingerbread. I'm blanking on the name for this version of android.

Honeycomb :D
I've been Googling searches like that, and end up with actual screen shots of Honeycomb os..I'll keep looking...
Tried this (from here), but no luck:
Screen capture
Android natively supports the ability to capture a screenshot by method of pressing both the power and volume-down buttons at the same time on an Android device. This native support was first included within the Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) update, which is first seen on the Galaxy Nexus smartphone.[86] Previously, Android did not feature native support for screen capturing which would have likely been due to security concerns. Furthermore, prior manufacturer and third-party customizations as well as using a PC connection (DDMS developer's tool) were the only known methods of capturing a screenshot on Android.

Last edited:

Rumbi

Apr 14, 2009
www.ja-ki.eu
I've looked through the *.so files and many of them are exactly the same, but some are different. One file caught my interest. I've attached it here for anyone who wants to try. Please only use it, if you have a T-Mobile Springboard with flashed root Firmware. Copy the content of the zip-file to /system/lib and overwrite the existing file. But make a backup first! After copying you have to set the correct file permission (rw- r-- r--) and reboot the tab. Hopefully 4G works again with this little trick.

Attachments

• libril-qc-qmi-1.zip
    527.1 KB · Views: 54

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    .....S7-301uV100R002C002B010SP3_root....
    What are the real resolution of the 2?

libjnigraphics.so from Aldiko is broken.
    some applications are now working correctly after uninstall Aldiko and libraries

try remove
    Code:
    /cust/hw/normal/delapp/Aldiko.apk
    /cust/hw/normal/lib/libjnigraphics.so
    /cust/hw/normal/lib/libreader.so
    and reboot.
    hey,

We are working on Clockwork Recovery at "android-hilfe.de".

Right now it s a beta version with some bugs.

i am able to make a backup. but at this time i cant flash it back.

also i compiled the 3.0.8 Kernel to CM9. more results the next days.

perhaps a download for the Clockwork Recovery.
    If someone wants to try out the new ICS Preview, i've created 2 mirrors for dowloading :)

Mirror 1
    Mirror 2
    Root-ready international version: http://depositfiles.com/files/9f8mfimjz

Install as usual.

After installing the rom you can root: copy sanixupdate folder to the root memory of the tablet (not in the microsd). Reboot and you are ready!

To shutdown the Mediapad keep pressing power button, otherwise through the menu it will go in deep sleep only.
    A root-ready version will arrive in about 3 hours (sorry, my uplod speed is weak, 30/kbs)