[Q] Considering Photon Q...for T-mobile?

Search This thread

redsrule2500

Dec 10, 2007
Oklahoma
Well, the Motorola Droid 5 possibly for Verizon has leaked. In recent, those new Verizon Moto LTE Devices have been able to run on AT&T and T-Mobile's HSPA Networks. Not 4GLTE, but I'll take it. Now for those who aren't up to speed, don't mock me, yes Verizon uses CDMA, but they use GSM for LTE, hence the sim card slots on their devices.

It's supposed to be rugged and have built in Qi-Charging!!!!

droid-5-weiboleak.jpg

Not to burst your bubble, but nobody was able to successfully unlock the Droid 4 for use on USA GSM Networks.

The Droid 3 circa 2011 was the last Verizon phone that was brought onto USA GSM networks, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Skrilax_CZ

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 20, 2009
The Photon Q / Droid RAZR HD and Droid RAZR M can be unlocked for USA networks ;)
For T-Mobile however, the bands are not so good.

deedscreen

Nov 4, 2010
Connecticut
Well the Photon Q has an internal SIM, about 3 months ago I was ready to jump ship and see if I could get it swapped. But honestly at this point the technology is out of date. I love my GS3, don't get me wrong, but I still have a thing for awesome qwertyies.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Die Bruine

Jan 2, 2008
Performance wise the GS3 and XT897 are on a par. The only setback would be the screen. Which IMHO doens't outweigh the benefits of a QWERTY keyboard ;)

Frostwell

Jul 30, 2015
Photon Q now works on T-Mobile's 3G AND 4G LTE Networks

I created an account just to post this but it looks like T-Mobile did a network revamp/modernization last year. Looks like the Photon Q is good for T-Mobile now :D

I can't post links but if you'd like to read more about it, google search "Refarm and 4G LTE - what are the final frequencies" and you should find the T-Mobile Support thread talking about this.