[Q] Is there a 2nd-Bootloader and TWRP for 7.4.7?

Search This thread
Jan 24, 2014
I recently bought a KFHD 7 2013 with version 7.4.7 loaded on it. Root was fairly simple but after reading through Hashcode's and seokhun's threads it seems like the installation for Bootloader and TWRP is updated for up to 7.4.6. I was to install some custom roms to make this device into a full android tablet so does anyone have any info for kindles with 7.4.7?

Has anyone tried and succeeded using the methods in the tutorial for 7.4.6?
Is there another way for 7.4.7?

Please post up if you have any information.

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
OK put it this way, the current method does work for it, because the main thing to know is we have to downgrade the boot loader first anyways. You can also downgrade the is if you wanted. Anyways point being, the current freedomboot image more than likely doesn't work with that version, but here's the important little bit about that. The freedomboot doesn't really matter as long as you put the ROM and gapps on the device first or Don,t mind going through the trouble of pushing it onto the device with the adb command afterwards when it's in recovery. If the current freedom boot version isn't the same as the os version you typically will bootloop. So yea in short yes it works, just put the ROM you want to flash on the internal storage first so you can flash it without a hassle.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

Jan 24, 2014
OK put it this way, the current method does work for it, because the main thing to know is we have to downgrade the boot loader first anyways. You can also downgrade the is if you wanted. Anyways point being, the current freedomboot image more than likely doesn't work with that version, but here's the important little bit about that. The freedomboot doesn't really matter as long as you put the ROM and gapps on the device first or Don,t mind going through the trouble of pushing it onto the device with the adb command afterwards when it's in recovery. If the current freedom boot version isn't the same as the os version you typically will bootloop. So yea in short yes it works, just put the ROM you want to flash on the internal storage first so you can flash it without a hassle.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

Oh I see the link was missing a hyphen! I need to go to this thread and use the tools provided there. Since Rootjunky.com posted up a really good video to get into fastboot mode I should have no problems getting this to work. After I downgrade I can easily follow seokhun's guide and have CM or PA installed in no time. Thanks a ton!

Zhono

Dec 6, 2012

I thought the 2013 model of the HD 7" still only had root ability? Or is there more than one 2013 model? I've been checking the forums like 5 times a day, waiting for a way to get a custom rom on this damn thing. Did I miss something?

Jan 24, 2014
I thought the 2013 model of the HD 7" still only had root ability? Or is there more than one 2013 model? I've been checking the forums like 5 times a day, waiting for a way to get a custom rom on this damn thing. Did I miss something?

Actually I found out my model is 2012 because I have the front facing camera.

SafinWasi

Dec 15, 2013
Unknown

The 2013 version doesn't have any custom ROMs available.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: 1210335

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The 2013 version doesn't have any custom ROMs available.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app