Modem that will work with all SIM cards?

Search This thread
Feb 16, 2014
I unlocked my SGH-I717 by accessing the hidden menu via the Dialer. It works with my tmobile sim card fine. What I'm wondering is would it work with any SIM card with the TMOBILE ICS modem, or do I need to use a different modem? I'm planning on selling it on ebay and need to know, because I need to make sure that I can advertised it as unlocked and able to work with any SIM. I would greatly appreciate any helpful response.

ddochi11

Jun 19, 2012
Vancouver, BC
You can tell the buyers that the phone is unlocked and they can flash their own modem if things don't work on their network.

There is no good answer to your question.

Reactions: jayinc11

jjbell

Jan 31, 2014
I unlocked my SGH-I717 by accessing the hidden menu via the Dialer. It works with my tmobile sim card fine. What I'm wondering is would it work with any SIM card with the TMOBILE ICS modem, or do I need to use a different modem? I'm planning on selling it on ebay and need to know, because I need to make sure that I can advertised it as unlocked and able to work with any SIM. I would greatly appreciate any helpful response.

Hidden menu via dialer? How is this accessed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Yes. I have done a bunch.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

@ddochi11 I notice you are running
Galaxy Note i717 - AOKP 4.4.2
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 - AOKP 4.4.2

I have one ATT i717 that's a been a pain with a weak signal. My questions
1-I am looking for a good modem, which baseband are you running?
2-I want to install AOKP 4.4.2 on wifey's phone but video issue had been a deal killer; I am not sure if I read somewhere that that is/was fixed with a patch or similar. Can you confirm if your video works ok? And if you have any other issue at all you have encountered with that ROM?

jjbell

Jan 31, 2014
*#2263#

*2shaynez*kcco*aokp*

Thank you. Entering exactly as shown didn't do anything but *#*#2263#*#* did take me to a blank "Service Mode" screen. I'm assuming this is where I need to be?

Is there a generic code to input or do I still need to use one of the "unlock websites"?

... OR am I totally way off base? lol

Thank you. Entering exactly as shown didn't do anything but *#*#2263#*#* did take me to a blank "Service Mode" screen. I'm assuming this is where I need to be?

Is there a generic code to input or do I still need to use one of the "unlock websites"?

Are you trying to free unlock the phone? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2024514

Reactions: jjbell

jjbell

Jan 31, 2014
By

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

2-I want to install AOKP 4.4.2 on wifey's phone but video issue had been a deal killer; I am not sure if I read somewhere that that is/was fixed with a patch or similar. Can you confirm if your video works ok? And if you have any other issue at all you have encountered with that ROM?

I've noticed a slight signal loss too with every 4.4 ROM I've tried. They all seem to have the same video issue as well. @Polluti0n has a video patch, that works great for me on all the 4.4 roms, in the OP here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47671220

Last edited:
Reactions: jayinc11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can tell the buyers that the phone is unlocked and they can flash their own modem if things don't work on their network.

There is no good answer to your question.
    *#2263#

*2shaynez*kcco*aokp*

Are you trying to free unlock the phone? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2024514
    By

I've noticed a slight signal loss too with every 4.4 ROM I've tried. They all seem to have the same video issue as well. @Polluti0n has a video patch, that works great for me on all the 4.4 roms, in the OP here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47671220