How to update sim unlocked AT&T HTC One

Search This thread

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
That's correct.

when the error appears.. (fastboot.exe) the screen in black with HTC then if I disconnect the cellphone this is the error.. then I have to plug again and push power button until the phone restart again normally.

thank you so much for your help.

No idea why it's failing. Maybe take a different route. Unlock and flash the stock equivalent 4.4.2 rom in twrp recovery:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2674222

Or flash the OTA package in stock recovery :

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2659374

Last edited:

dumitresc

Sep 21, 2007
No idea why it's failing. Maybe take a different route. Unlock and flash the stock equivalent 4.4.2 rom in twrp recovery:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2674222

Or flash the OTA package in stock recovery :

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2659374

Thank you.. But trying to flash the OTA didnt work..

everytime that i push installe from phone storage the cellphone reboot.. nothing happened..

I dont really know what is the problem exactly..

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
Thank you.. But trying to flash the OTA didnt work..

everytime that i push installe from phone storage the cellphone reboot.. nothing happened..

I dont really know what is the problem exactly..

Maybe take a step back and reflash the 3.17.502.3 RUU to make sure recovery, firmware, etc. is correct.

http://www.androidruu.com/getdownlo...13_10.38j.1157.04_release_334235_signed_2.exe

Then try 4.4.2 OTA or RUU again.

This will give you an idea of if problem is with phone or downloaded files. Since you bought it used, I'm wondering what might have been done to the phone prior it's current state. It's strange that the 4.4.2 RUU fails while attempting to unpack the rom zip to read the android-info.

Last edited:

dumitresc

Sep 21, 2007
Maybe take a step back and reflash the 3.17.502.3 RUU to make sure recovery, firmware, etc. is correct.

http://www.androidruu.com/getdownlo...13_10.38j.1157.04_release_334235_signed_2.exe

Then try 4.4.2 OTA or RUU again.

This will give you an idea of if problem is with phone or downloaded files. Since you bought it used, I'm wondering what might have been done to the phone prior it's current state. It's strange that the 4.4.2 RUU fails while attempting to unpack the rom zip to read the android-info.

reflash to 4.3 307.502 didn't worked

I bought this cellphone rooted with GPE but I reinstalled the stock rom.. I would like to see if there is a program that can detect what is the problem, if there is any option or the cid or whatever that indicates that I skipped when I went back to stock rom

thank you for your attention.

dumitresc

Sep 21, 2007

Actually I installed the rom perfectly.. works fine.. after of this installation I tried with the 4.4.2 and didnt work …

Actually I did it yesterday before all the steps that you posted, everything runs fine (with the 3.17.502.3) but at the moment to try to install the update 4.4.2 (ruu or flashing the ota) appears the errors that I commented before..

thank you for your attention again.

Nov 30, 2013
your download was corrupt ...use an MD5 checker to test your downloaded files

Hello again.

So I found an MD5 checker on downloads.cnet.com and used it to check the MD5 checksum. It checked out OK.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

The run the RUU .exe file and it runs up until I get to the point where it asks me if I want to accept or decline the licensing agreement. I click on the accept radial button and then click the next button and the Installation Wizard just disappears.

I launch the Task Manager and the RUU file is gone.

Is there anything else I can try to get this KitKat update?

Thank you.

dumitresc

Sep 21, 2007
flashing OTA

this error:

check cid failed

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 81

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
flashing OTA

this error:

check cid failed

Here's a solution that should allow you to flash the OTA using TWRP: I've modified the OTA to remove the commands that prevent it from flashing in TWRP (i.e. cid check, fotoBoot and write firmware.)

Note: must be on stock 3.17.502.3!!

The process is:

- Download these files:
TWRP: twrp-recovery-2.7.0.4b-m7-20140408.img
Firmware: firmware_4.18.502.7.zip
OTA: OTA_4.18.502.7-3.17.502.3-twrp.zip

- Unlock Bootloader via htcdev (remember this will wipe all data...)

- Boot into OS, copy OTA_4.18.502.7-3.17.502.3-twrp.zip to /sdcard

- Reboot into fastboot USB mode and flash TWRP via:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-recovery-2.7.0.4b-m7-20140408.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

- From bootloader, choose Recovery

- In TWRP make a nandroid backup of /system and /boot (fire insurance, in case update doesn't work.)

- In TWRP install /sdcard/OTA_4.18.502.7-3.17.502.3-twrp.zip. This will upgrade the system partition to 4.18.502.7.

If successful, proceed to next step. If OTA fails, restore nandroid backup, no harm done.

- Reboot into fastboot USB mode and lock bootloader:
Code:
fastboot oem lock
fastboot oem rebootRUU

- Flash firmware_4.18.502.7.zip. This is the signed firmware.zip extracted from the OTA and will install radio, boot (kernel), and other 4.18.502.7 firmware files. It will also re-install the stock recovery.

Code:
fastboot flash zip firmware_4.18.502.7.zip
fastboot reboot

(yes, flash it twice)

If successful, reboot into 4.4.2. If firmware flash fails, restore nandroid backup, no harm done.

dumitresc

Sep 21, 2007
Here's a solution that should allow you to flash the OTA using TWRP: I've modified the OTA to remove the commands that prevent it from flashing in TWRP (i.e. cid check, fotoBoot and write firmware.)

Note: must be on stock 3.17.502.3!!

The process is:

- Download these files:
TWRP: twrp-recovery-2.7.0.4b-m7-20140408.img
Firmware: firmware_4.18.502.7.zip
OTA: OTA_4.18.502.7-3.17.502.3-twrp.zip

- Unlock Bootloader via htcdev (remember this will wipe all data...)

- Boot into OS, copy OTA_4.18.502.7-3.17.502.3-twrp.zip to /sdcard

- Reboot into fastboot USB mode and flash TWRP via:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-recovery-2.7.0.4b-m7-20140408.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

- From bootloader, choose Recovery

- In TWRP make a nandroid backup of /system and /boot (fire insurance, in case update doesn't work.)

- In TWRP install /sdcard/OTA_4.18.502.7-3.17.502.3-twrp.zip. This will upgrade the system partition to 4.18.502.7.

If successful, proceed to next step. If OTA fails, restore nandroid backup, no harm done.

- Reboot into fastboot USB mode and lock bootloader:
Code:
fastboot oem lock
fastboot oem rebootRUU

- Flash firmware_4.18.502.7.zip. This is the signed firmware.zip extracted from the OTA and will install radio, boot (kernel), and other 4.18.502.7 firmware files. It will also re-install the stock recovery.

Code:
fastboot reboot

(yes, flash it twice)

If successful, reboot into 4.4.2. If firmware flash fails, restore nandroid backup, no harm done.

Master!.. Awesome! done!

Thank you so much ! I really appreciate your time and your attention trying to help me.. Everything works fine!

thank you

kind regards!

Nov 30, 2013
SUCCESS!!!!!

cschmitt - thank you for your offer, but I was able to get the OTA update. I'm now running Android 4.4.2 and Sense 5.5.

It wasn't as satsifying as fixing the problem myself, but I ended up calling AT&T Wireless tech support for help.

I have an HTC One 64 GB AT&T Wireless model and an active prepaid GoPhone SIM card. I did a carrier unlock on it using my wife's post-paid account really for no other reason other than I could. My intent is to use this phone as part of my employer's B.Y.O.D. program which requires an unrooted device for security purposes.

Any how, I called AT&T Wireless tech support and after some prodding to get them to accept the fact that I didn't have the latest firmware on my phone, they called HTC's tech support. The HTC tech support rep had me boot my phone into Safe Mode and I was able to download the update without incident after that.

Thank you again and this is a great forum. I hope to learn a lot here and hopefully one day give something back.

Reactions: cschmitt

hafizimtiaz

Actually when I try to update via ruu, I got an error.. fastboot.exe in windows.. and the installer shows in the messages in: checking header 1/5….

If I disconnect the cellphone.. There is an error with invalid copy or something like that..

A few days ago I tried with adb push rom.zip and I got an error with: permission denied (when I was trying to copy the rom to media/0/ etc..

Im starting to think that the problem is the "memory or storage" because I guess all the problems or the methods stuck trying to copy the files or something like that..

I stuck with all the methods basically :S

I have the exact same error while trying to update using the RUU.exe. Any solutions that you know of?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So you're on 4.4.2 now? Great!

Yes..

Thank you so much .. I really appreciate it!
    SUCCESS!!!!!

cschmitt - thank you for your offer, but I was able to get the OTA update. I'm now running Android 4.4.2 and Sense 5.5.

It wasn't as satsifying as fixing the problem myself, but I ended up calling AT&T Wireless tech support for help.

I have an HTC One 64 GB AT&T Wireless model and an active prepaid GoPhone SIM card. I did a carrier unlock on it using my wife's post-paid account really for no other reason other than I could. My intent is to use this phone as part of my employer's B.Y.O.D. program which requires an unrooted device for security purposes.

Any how, I called AT&T Wireless tech support and after some prodding to get them to accept the fact that I didn't have the latest firmware on my phone, they called HTC's tech support. The HTC tech support rep had me boot my phone into Safe Mode and I was able to download the update without incident after that.

Thank you again and this is a great forum. I hope to learn a lot here and hopefully one day give something back.