*********** HOW TO: Cooking my OWN ROMz ***********

Search This thread

dannyboi2222

Dec 17, 2008
Im looking to cook and customize my own ROMS can anyone point me in the right direction to get me started :confused: Programs, tools ect.. I understand cooking is not for everyone and i am going forward with it at my own risk THANK YOU :rolleyes:

dannyboi2222

Dec 17, 2008

Im looking to cook and customize my own ROMS can anyone point me in the right direction to get me started :confused: Programs, tools ect.. I understand cooking is not for everyone and i am going forward with it at my own risk THANK YOU :rolleyes:

i TURNED UP SOME REAL USUFULL INFO IN THIS THREAD, FOLLOW IT AND IT TELLS ALL:cool: COPY N PASTE forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104496

vim0314

Apr 26, 2008
is there away to make a backup/copy of the current rom im running? (ie all the settings, programs, and everything else.)?

sirphunkee

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2009
Austin, TX
is there away to make a backup/copy of the current rom im running? (ie all the settings, programs, and everything else.)?

Well the easiest way is to just use a 3rd-party program like SPB backup...it'll do a full system backup on your phone just like doing one on your regular PC...all programs, contacts, messages, etc etc will be saved, and can be restored to the same ROM, or a fresh one.