Upgrade from GS4?

Search This thread

Cusa

Dec 25, 2011
I have the gs4 and I'm thinking of getting the s5. Is it even worth it?

nicetucu

Mar 10, 2014
Salem, Oregon
Do an AnTuTu Benchmark on your S4 (download it from play store). My S5 gets benchmarks in mid 35000 range to low 36000.

Or just wait for the new Amazon phone....looks kinda cool. I went from an S4 and it was a very good phone... I was an iphone user before that.

Just wish they added a bit more ram on the S5, but it really doesn't need it.

Cusa

Dec 25, 2011
Do an AnTuTu Benchmark on your S4 (download it from play store). My S5 gets benchmarks in mid 35000 range to low 36000.

Or just wait for the new Amazon phone....looks kinda cool. I went from an S4 and it was a very good phone... I was an iphone user before that.

Yeah, Amazon's phone looks pretty neat.

skatin707

Jun 23, 2011
Honolulu, HI

Antutu is a really useless thing when it comes to purchasing a new device.

Yeah, Amazon's phone looks pretty neat.

Neat, yes, but the screen and other features are lacking in my opinion.

Get the S5. It's a great device. I've owned an HTC One M8, used a G3, Find 7a, etc (current gen phones). The S5 is my preferred device for the features it provides in the whole package. It is a nice step up from the Nexus 5 and S4 I had owned prior.

scott14719

Dec 24, 2011
IMO, there's not enough advancement to justify an "upgrade". Unless there are other circumstances involved, I would wait for the S6 to "upgrade" your S4. Amazon's phone is a lot of hype and eye candy...but again, not enough of a reason to upgrade.

skatin707

Jun 23, 2011
Honolulu, HI
I disagree, but then again the cost didn't really bother me. The wife and I upgrade our phones every few months pretty much.

The S5 is a noticeable difference over the S4. If you can afford it, I say do it. The added water resistance is a huge benefit in my opinion, and that's just one of the new features.

Like I said, though, the Amazon phone is worth passing up on. I imagine their second gen device will be VERY impressive.

Cusa

Dec 25, 2011
I disagree, but then again the cost didn't really bother me. The wife and I upgrade our phones every few months pretty much.

The S5 is a noticeable difference over the S4. If you can afford it, I say do it. The added water resistance is a huge benefit in my opinion, and that's just one of the new features.

Like I said, though, the Amazon phone is worth passing up on. I imagine their second gen device will be VERY impressive.

I don't like how the USB port has a cap and it makes it look bulky. Does it get in the way?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't like how the USB port has a cap and it makes it look bulky. Does it get in the way?

You wont even notice it, and I'm not sure how it looks bulky. It snaps flush to protect the charging port. It keeps dust and water out, I actually like having it. The only time it is an issue is during charging.