[Discontinued][APP][WVGA]Flip2Mute - GSensor Profile Changer

Search This thread

thisisatest3

Sep 11, 2009
Flip2Mute can change your profile to silent or vibrate and turn off the screen when the phone is faced down. It has a simple user interface and can be installed on WVGA HTC devices.

Current Features:
Mute/Vibrate the phone when it's faced down.
Turns the screen off when the phone is faced down.
Allows user to change current profile with a single tap.

Requirements:
.NET CF 3.5

Install Instructions:
Install the cab and soft reset.

Configuration:
Open Flip2Mute Config, configure the application and then tap exit.

Remove Instructions:
Run Unload Flip2Mute before removing the application

Compatible Devices and ROMS:
Blackstone:
Energy 23569 Sense 2.5 WM 6.5 MaxSense UI May 30
kwbr 21905 Sence 2.5 WM 6.5
Miniterror's Ravage 4.8

Leo:

Stock 1.66
TMOUS Stock ROM 2.10
Artemis

Rhodium:
Energy 23569 Sense 2.5 WM 6.5 GTX Themed May 13

Diamond:
see this post

Raphael:
see this post

Screenshots:

All bug reports, Ideas and recommendations are welcome :)
Please post your rom information in your replies.

IF THE APPLICATION DOESN'T WORK ON YOUR DEVICE, OPEN FLIP2MUTE CONFIG AND CHANGE THE CURRENT PROFILE TO VIBRATE AND THEN NORMAL,TAP EXIT AND NOW IT SHOULD WORK. DON'T FORGET TO SOFT RESET AFTER INSTALLATION

Twitter:
You can follow me on twitter to get latest news and updates about this application. feel free to tweet me about issues or feature requests.

standard.png

Please Donate if you like my work:

...and it would be ok if someone can design a good icon for the next version :)

please note that for some reason development is pending.

Last edited:

lpaso

Apr 28, 2006
Papeete
Tested on Leo + Miri STD rom (no Sense) : doesn't work at all. But no error message too.

cutehare

Dec 15, 2009
Flip2Mute works on Flip down only?

Flip2Mute works on Flip the face down only. It can't switch back to normal mode if the phone was face up from down!

thisisatest3

Sep 11, 2009
Flip2Mute works on Flip the face down only. It can't switch back to normal mode if the phone was face up from down!

no, it can change back the profile to normal. just hold the phone faced up for a few seconds and you'll feel 2 very short vibration feedbacks (25 ms) that shows it changed the profile.

p107r0

Jan 29, 2010
would it be possible to combine the Flip2Mute with proximity/light sensor, so the vibration is activated every time the phone is put into pocket?

Zahurtex

Feb 21, 2009
Excellent Work!

Thanks for the excellent application... I have been missing this feature for so long now after my touch pro I used srcgprofile for face down mute but it was not compatible with tp2 and caused manila music player songs to break for few seconds while playback. I have to test this application while playing songs via manila music player if it breaks the sound and will report back.

Again thanks for making such a usefull utility for which I have been flamed in different threads for requesting to include this function in most recent thread i got flamed is screenchange.

Musel

Feb 7, 2010
Cuxhaven
musel-online.de
doesn't work on my TP2. But no error message too
Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional Deutsch
CE OS 5.2.21891 & Build 21891.5.0.88
Manila 2.5.20121226
I can cange the Settings but nothing do wen ichflip the Phone.

Zahurtex

Feb 21, 2009
Confirmed... working flawlessly on my tp2 and does what it says!... my rom rom details in my sig.

just noticed one thing after installation, when I turn my phn on in after putting it in pouch for awhile the camera was turned on.

thisisatest3

Sep 11, 2009
Confirmed... working flawlessly on my tp2 and does what it says!... my rom rom details in my sig.

just noticed one thing after installation, when I turn my phn on in after putting it in pouch for awhile the camera was turned on.

glad to here that :) but I don't know why your camera turned on :confused: are you sure that this application caused that?

Zahurtex

Feb 21, 2009
glad to here that :) but I don't know why your camera turned on :confused: are you sure that this application caused that?

It happened two times out of three when i put my phn in pouch and I didn't install anything else before or after installing f2m but let me just test it out some more as this doesn't turn on the screen or any extra battery drain so its harmless... and really does not matter much to me.

BTW could this be due to gsensor sdk? as camera also use same sdk.

thisisatest3

Sep 11, 2009
It happened two times out of three when i put my phn in pouch and I didn't install anything else before or after installing f2m but let me just test it out some more as this doesn't turn on the screen or any extra battery drain so its harmless... and really does not matter much to me.

BTW could this be due to gsensor sdk? as camera also use same sdk.

yes, I think you're right. I'm not sure but you may want to update your rom to see if this problem fixes.