Kernel wakelock mdm_hsic_pm0?

Search This thread

MeetFace

Dec 31, 2010
Which as far as I can tell has nothing to do with this specific wakelock, which sometimes causes my phone to never go into deep sleep.

Yes, maps is obnoxious and causes plenty of its own wakelocks, but if mdm_hsic_pm0 is keeping my phone awake 100% of the time it's pretty irrelevant.

I was simply analyzing the information provided and giving suggestions.

On a related note, the times I've seen this wakelock the highest were when I had GPS enabled all day. I typically leave GPS off, it's a battery killer in low-service areas.

Reactions: Digital_Trucker

bdpope88

Jun 29, 2010
Bump.

I've got the same problem. My phone was largely unused during the time period, it spent all of it's time either on 3g/LTE. Let me know if I can provide any additional info.

Running JellyBomb v13.0.

Attachments

• Screenshots_2013-03-03-13-20-01.jpg
    Screenshots_2013-03-03-13-20-01.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 692

reigninblood

Feb 20, 2013
I have a hunch that it's not related to Location Services. I have had the same battery drain issues since last weekend and location services has been on since I have had the phone (almost a month.) I enabled the Samsung Push Service on the weekend before I knew what kind of battery hog it was (as I went into Samsung Apps to get Polaris installed) and uninstalled that.

When I go into battery usage settings on the phone (not BBS), it highlights Polaris and the default video player app as big draws on the battery. Still trying to figure it out ultimately......

reigninblood

Feb 20, 2013
I have a hunch that it's not related to Location Services. I have had the same battery drain issues since last weekend and location services has been on since I have had the phone (almost a month.) I enabled the Samsung Push Service on the weekend before I knew what kind of battery hog it was (as I went into Samsung Apps to get Polaris installed) and uninstalled that.

When I go into battery usage settings on the phone (not BBS), it highlights Polaris and the default video player app as big draws on the battery. Still trying to figure it out ultimately......

Since I rebooted the phone, things seem to have settled down again on the wakelocks front. I'll keep monitoring this and see if it continues to improve. I'm still getting mdm_hsic_pm0 on the BBS stats but not nearly as much as it was.

Aria807

Dec 31, 2010
Dallas
Same on bunch of different Note 2 roms (Tmobile).

It's kernel related though. I searched around and there are some kernel patches for the Nexus 4 atm. Just not sure if they ever got around to the Note 2.

Reactions: MeetFace

Adolflow

Sep 8, 2009
Montreal
bumpasaurus... getting it on the AOSP rom for Note 2 i317m... wouldn't think it's related to location, rather LTE/3g... incidentally can't seem to disable fast dormancy on my device, the apps I found online all say not compatible... Really would like to find the app or setting responsible for this, it's like 20% every night...

Aria807

Dec 31, 2010
Dallas
I'm on AOSP rom on Tmobile, and I don't have FastDormancy at all on my BBStats. Also I can't use the FastDormancy app on Play store. Says device not supported.

jerm1027

Dec 24, 2010
I have a T-Mobile Note II and also having the issue. today, mdm_hsic_pm0 threw a 3 hour wakelock, which was the entire time my phone has been unplugged, and my GPS is off, so I can confirm GPS is not the issue. I'm running JediCM w/ Force Kernel. I'm at a loss here. My only work around is to periodically reboot my phone. Would appreciate any insight on this issue as well.

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
Postulo forklift ad portandum iste
I'm on AOSP rom on Tmobile, and I don't have FastDormancy at all on my BBStats. Also I can't use the FastDormancy app on Play store. Says device not supported.

Yeah I don't have fast dormancy at all... just that mdm_hsic_pm0....

I have a T-Mobile Note II and also having the issue. today, mdm_hsic_pm0 threw a 3 hour wakelock, which was the entire time my phone has been unplugged, and my GPS is off, so I can confirm GPS is not the issue. I'm running JediCM w/ Force Kernel. I'm at a loss here. My only work around is to periodically reboot my phone. Would appreciate any insight on this issue as well.

Depends highly on what revision of CM you're running.

Latest PACMan ROM on Sprint sleeps just fine...and this wakelock doesn't cause too much issue, now. IME.

DarkManX4lf

May 11, 2007
NYC
Same here. I'm using cm10.1 and for the last couple of week site been having bad battery from Android OS... When I check better battery stats, it shows its mdm_hsic_pm0.

musclehead84

Nov 3, 2010
Falling Waters, WV
Hopefully an OTA will help with this kernel wake lock. Anyone know if this was bad on the LJC firmware? I just got the phone a month ago so I was never on LJC just MA7.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
Postulo forklift ad portandum iste
Any more info on this? I've been having bad battery life cause of this.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Same here. I'm using cm10.1 and for the last couple of week site been having bad battery from Android OS... When I check better battery stats, it shows its mdm_hsic_pm0.

I'm on the latest PACMan Rom for Tmobile, and I have this issue. [ROM][4.2.2] Official P.A.C-Man v22.0.1 [03-26-2013]

For y'all on CM-based ROMs anyway..I have a wild sounding theory that I tested on a whim last night...

Are you not on your carrier's latest PRL by chance?

I ask as I was getting moderately bad life, and the only clue as to what was actually doing it was "Android OS" in system Battery Stats...BBS didn't inform things that much, and my device was properly deep sleeping according to BBS. I went to test a TWiz ROM so I did a Nandroid of my PACMan, and while booted in TWiz-land updated my PRL from 55012 (old) to 55013....after testing was done restored my Nandroid of PAC, and the "Android OS" drain on my battery overnight anyway is a fraction of what it was.

Like I said, it is a wild idea...that may or may not actually do anything. And I'm only operating off of 7 hours of stationary overnight battery drain to judge on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK guys I have some good news!!!! Im pretty sure i have lowered my wakelocks by a significant amount and found the problem. If I have decent signal and WI-FI is off , I am getting only around 19% to 23% time spent awake with the screen off. This is much better than the normal 33% to 46%. While idle im getting anywhere between 2.3% to 3% drain per hour. First here is what I did that im still not sure helped or not. Its up to you to try. I am currently on Carbon Rom nightly 9/9/13. I wiped the phone and started from scratch and I didn't allow google to restore my apps,data, and settings. I did that manually. I also flashed the ljc modem. I haven't tested my tweaks on other modems yet. I also use greenify on a few apps like facebook though I dont think this is necessary for this to work.

Now here is the tweaks that made a world of difference. there was a lot of research and trial and error with this. These are all build.prop tweaks so first check and see if the entry is already there, if it is match it to my values. If you don't have it in your build.prob then add them.

Don't add the ""

"persist.radio.apm_sim_not_pwdn=0" should be changed to "persist.radio.apm_sim_not_pwdn=1"

This next tweak im not sure is a mistake or done on purpose but the # in front of the line makes it not be read. Either way i got rid of the # and make sure it = 1.
    "#persist.radio.add_power_save=1" to "persist.radio.add_power_save=1"

Then I added "persist.radio.snapshot_timer=22" right under the line "persist.radio.snapshot_disabled=1"

Finally I added the "ro.ril.fast.dormancy.rule=0" still not sure if this works or not.

Go ahead and give it a try. After you change the values you will need to reboot. Might not see results right away. report back here on your experience. Oh and I am not responsible if this screws your phone up lol.
    First time I see it today, so I searched and I see you have the same problem.

Today is the first day I've been on 3G (no LTE in my area) all day, with WiFi disconnected, and BetterBatteryStats shows FastDormancy and mdm_hsic_pm0

Causally related? I am fairly sure FastDormancy is causally related to the 3g stuff, but not sure about mdm_hsic_pm0 - it's possible?

I'm on the i317M, though, so maybe that could help us troubleshoot.
    This issue was plaguing me and was chewing into my battery at a whopping 9%/H.
    Not my own idea, but inserting a new line ro.ril.fast.dormancy.rule=0 at the end of build.prop worked fine for me on my S3 4G.

DISCLAIMER: I only have a I9305T and have not tried this on Note II. Try this at your risk!!!
    Bump - Any more info on this?

I flashed Avatar 2.1 and I'm now getting this wakelock (and horrid battery life!)

Just an FYI, this issue isn't only on the Note 2. I have an S3 4G and it's destroying my battery life. Currently staring down the barrel of ~7-10% battery drain per hour :/

Absolutely no idea why or where the issue comes from. If you pull your battery, the problem lessens for a little while.
    I just twittered with sbrissen who is DEVing CM for the Sprint/Verizon GN2 and he is actively working on this issue :)