Official updates discussion Thread

Search This thread

rumpelst

Feb 11, 2011
Warsaw
Odp: Official JB discussion Thread *DL-link available*

@leolopop Stabilizaton is great on your video. I will check that program.

Wysyłane z mojego LG-P880 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Vosetal

Oct 4, 2012
Too much PM's.
I've tryed to upload firmware for other LG phone (it's not important which) using PCSyncFTP. On saturday at about 1:00 GMT+1 I successfully uploaded V10F_00 (it really was V10A but I changed a name ;])
What are the conclusions?
LG R&D Users are always uploading files at weekend.
Some very lazy LG Employee must give a permission. Last update was in 16:26 and it's regurally about 15-17 GMT time.
If few countrys like GB, FR, DE etc. receive soft first will be that country which firstly will accept permission.
Look what I've just done:
LINK BRAND/COUNTRY DATE OF MODIFICATION LENGHT
http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/swdata/WDLSW/LGP880/AHASBK/V20a_00/V20A_00.kdz HUTCHISON(AUSTRIA) 12.03.13 16:21:10 GMT 600498375
http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/swdata/WDLSW/LGP880/ADEUBK/V20a_00/V20A_00.kdz GERMANY 10.03.13 15:51:08 GMT 607526539
http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/swdata/WDLSW/LGP880/ACISBK/V20a_00/V20A_00.kdz CIS 15.03.13 05:50:08 GMT 609543013
http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/swdata/WDLSW/LGP880/AGBRBK/V20a_00/V20A_00.kdz UNITED KINGDOM 12.03.13 16:50:59 GMT 605964127
http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/swdata/WDLSW/LGP880/ATMCBK/V20a_00/V20A_00.kdz T-MOBILE(CZECHO) 12.03.13 18:35:11 GMT 686142547
http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/swdata/WDLSW/LGP880/ACWTBK/V20a_00/V20A_00.kdz CHUNGHWA TELECOM(TAIWAN) 13.03.13 13:51:19 GMT 603437589
http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/swdata/WDLSW/LGP880/ABUMBK/V20a_00/V20A_00.kdz BEIJING UNICOM(CHINA) 14.03.13 01:20:14 GMT 545322685
http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/swdata/WDLSW/LGP880/AHKGBK/V20a_00/V20A_00.kdz HONG KONG 13.03.13 13:53:35 GMT 600959109

Good luck.

There's no euro open version :confused: ANEUBK/WH

king123321

Sep 24, 2008
So is there any bug in this leaked version?

um.. yeah, I have to first beta and I can say its pretty buggy for example google chrome is painfully slow which make the device get stuck, when you install an app and the app's icon should on the home screen all the device becoming slow too untill the icon show's up.. except for that its pretty much faster and better than stock ICS for sure.

NightyNight

Jul 31, 2011
Re: Official JB discussion Thread *DL-link available*

Both the suite and the tool? By the looks of it only the tool is going to work.

Sent from my Potato via XDA App

musklor

Nov 15, 2012
Nancy

For the 1st april :D

Envoyé depuis mon LG-P880 avec Tapatalk

Stevic Milos

Feb 25, 2013
I think you are deluded, lg cannot make a decent rom as long as that thermal protection garbage exists in the phone

Sent from my rooted P880

I think you are mistaken. Excessive heating comes ftom joules losses. It is a advent which occurs when an excessive amount of electrical current flow through a conductor which has small diameter, so conductor starts heating up to eliminate excess of current. This can result in 2 diferent but both bad ways:
1) processor (CPU or GPU) get baked if phone gets way too hot, or
2) processor suffer some small damage but still works which will kill him eventualy.

My point is LG used some low quality components. With his updates he temporarily reduces heating by killing processes that are making such or reducing performance. Personally every attempt to overclock this processor will probably kill the phone.

Vosetal

Oct 4, 2012
I think you are mistaken. Excessive heating comes ftom joules losses. It is a advent which occurs when an excessive amount of electrical current flow through a conductor which has small diameter, so conductor starts heating up to eliminate excess of current. This can result in 2 diferent but both bad ways:
2) processor suffer some small damage but still works which will kill him eventualy.

My point is LG used some low quality components. With his updates he temporarily reduces heating by killing processes that are making such or reducing performance. Personally every attempt to overclock this processor will probably kill the phone.

I think problem is that games not configuring properly to our phone and it's happening for two reasons: 1 playing pirate games, 2 producer not optimized game for p880. I saw that some games running in full detail on p880 while on nexus7 they running low details. On most of them visual difference is very small. So best solution is to manually adjust game config if you can.
LG certainly not using low quality components.

Stevic Milos

Feb 25, 2013
I think problem is that games not configuring properly to our phone and it's happening for two reasons: 1 playing pirate games, 2 producer not optimized game for p880. I saw that some games running in full detail on p880 while on nexus7 they running low details. On most of them visual difference is very small. So best solution is to manually adjust game config if you can.
LG certainly not using low quality components.

I think you missed the point :) I'm not saying that qualty of components affects performance. Sure, some games need some optimizations. I'm saying that processor is poor build quality and I doubt it will last more than one year if used for gaming.

nedooo

Dec 26, 2010
Sarajevo

Well it's not killing processes it' killing speed of CPU-GPU...thermal protection is ok to shut down phone on extreme temperatures but reducing speed is crap...when it heats too much shut down but let me enjoy game when I play. LG used what NVIDIA sold them (regarding SOC)...

Xtream95

Jan 3, 2012
Here is my conversation with lg chat in norway :p If it helps someone?

LG Support: Xtream95 Hey, what can I do for you?

Xtream95 Hi When is the jelly bean is going to P880 phones with sim lock?

LG Support: Unfortunately we have not yet had direct response from head office if it is clear that it has Jelly Bean. It seems like it's going to get it during the year, but we do not currently receive specific information as it arrives.

Xtream95: ok but take a look at this link from lg in Germany They say that it comes at the end of March? but you do not get any specific message so it is well those controls when the update will be out?

Xtream95: (Link to lg Germany blog, jellybean update info :p ) (cant post links yet^^ )

LG Support: Yes, LG in Germany and several other countries have Jelly Bean. It's just that it should be first tested for Nordic use. And when this is approved it will be published and will update released, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland.

Xtream95: Aha :D Thanks for the help :)

LG Support: Thank you. Have a good day ahead. :)

Last edited:

DarkFantasy6

Oct 21, 2012
AW: Official JB discussion Thread *DL-link available*

Now its april....hell yeah.... in april lg germany says definitly in may... :D

Gesendet von meinem LG-P880 mit Tapatalk 2

hernestwisnu

Feb 11, 2013
Jakarta

Google translated:

LG Electronics Italy is pleased to announce that it is working on updates to Jelly Bean models Optimus 4X HD, Optimus Optimus L5 and L7.

Optimus 4X HD
The distribution of this update is scheduled for April 2013. We confirm that the upgrade will be unlocked the bootloader of the device.
Further details on the list of improvements and the availability of the effectiveness will be disclosed on this page.

Optimus L7
The distribution of this update is scheduled for April 2013. Further details on the list of improvements and the availability of the effectiveness will be disclosed on this page.

Optimus L5
Further details on the list of improvements and effectiveness for the availability of the open market and operator versions will be disclosed on this page in the coming weeks.

Stay tuned for the latest news regarding these updates. Thank you all for your interest and support.

Note: In any way LG is legally obligated to provide the operating system upgrade Jelly Bean. LG Electronics may, in its sole discretion, terminate the plans to change without prior notice in order to preserve the best place to use for users of smartphones LG.

That's the translation. Nonetheless, if you pay attention to the note at the end of the post, LG has every right to fcuk up the update deployment. So, to prevent being crushed and heartbroken, expect for the worst: the update is here when it's here.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lol, the main problem was, that in recovery there was no cp or mv commands.
    i had to do adb push busybox to /temp/busybox and copy files like this:
    /temp/busybox cp /data/rootkit/su /system/xbin/

But as a result...
    confirmed - unlocked bootloader is working on 4.1.2

we got unlocked bootloader now. CONFIRMED and 100% working

thanks to SkyDev again for his work, it got me working with the final part and tested it.

see this post for recovery image and unsecure boot image install and download
    Like the title says, this is the Thread where all discussions about (Jelly Bean) updates for the LG Optimus 4xHD should take place.

Eagleeyetom and I decided to create this one to have all discussions together in one Thread and not in thousand Threads.
    All other Threads will be closed and/or deleten.

Old downloads

Due to current activities i'm gonna say it again: please keep this thread clean!

So, happy discussing guys :D

Cheers
    Ladies & Gents of the Optimus 4X HD section.

It's getting tiring having to constantly monitor & clean this thread of useless and spam like posts.
    Either they stop, or this thread gets locked and the users concerned take a well earned break from XDA.
    Guys... I don't own the page, I'm not the OP, I'm just a user like you are but, please, this is a forum, the threads are suppose to mean something more than simple comments...
    Its a forum not a chat room...
    Everytime I see a thread highlighted I open it , in the end I realise that is just a meaningless answer to a meaningless question/opinion.
    For sure its not only me, others will feel the same, its frustrating...
    Thank you.