[Q] SD Card after S-OFF!

Search This thread

tschmid5

Oct 29, 2010
I successfully achieved S-OFF after it strangely rebooted to Amon Ra, where I had to manually reboot by pressing power. Anyway, after the device booted up and everything seemed fine with S-OFF established, I am getting a blank SD card error. I tried to reformat from the device and from the computer but for some reason, my device nor my computer will even recognize my SD card. This is really worrying me as I just purchased a 32GB card recently and now it seems to be completely fried. Is this a known issue??

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
I successfully achieved S-OFF after it strangely rebooted to Amon Ra, where I had to manually reboot by pressing power. Anyway, after the device booted up and everything seemed fine with S-OFF established, I am getting a blank SD card error. I tried to reformat from the device and from the computer but for some reason, my device nor my computer will even recognize my SD card. This is really worrying me as I just purchased a 32GB card recently and now it seems to be completely fried. Is this a known issue??

What happened is that the partition got erased so the computer is not recognizing it. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1613448

I used Gparted live CD to make a partition , then reformat it in fat 32 and all is good.

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
Last edited:

tschmid5

Oct 29, 2010
Also, I was never asked to install their hboot, but still have S OFF. Once it booted to Amon Ra I just pressed reboot and it booted the phone up and controlbear said s-off is already established, exit.... Is this normal?

tschmid5

Oct 29, 2010
UPDATE: I just used an SD to USB adapter and plugged it into my computer and just did a quick format to FAT32 and all is well! :)

chapter90

May 30, 2011
Same thing happened to me. I put the SD card in another phone, and formatted it via USB on my computer (win 7). I clicked the device default button when prompted.

edit: Sorry, I lied. I formatted it in the phone. When I did the above it only formatted to 108kb. Doing it in my old droid x restored it back to 14GB.

Last edited:

Nopi45

Mar 14, 2012
Lawton
Great ! mine wouldn't do that for some reason only formatted to 108kb lol .

Mine worked after i got S-OFF i put it back in my phone and reformated after I used another SD to gwt y ROM back up on my phone give that a shot.

Sent from my CleanRom 1.2 DE Rezound S-OFF
Hit thanks if I helped:beer:

hobbes567

Apr 1, 2011
I could read my SD cards in other devices, but I could not read internal or external SD after going s-off. I flashed the Engineering HBOOT and GB Firmware package in the dev section and it fixed my issues. I am running an ICS rom with the old firmware patch and everything is good now.