[APP] Remote Turn Off - v1.2 (Remotely Turn Off Your Device by SMS) - 04/04/2013

Search This thread

RavinduSha

REMOTE TURN OFF v1.2
Turn off your device remotely via a SMS

Introduction:
This app will read receiving sms and executes power off command if any of the messages starts with previously set keyword received.

Usage:
1. Open the app (Remote Power Off)
2. Enter "null" as the current code. (case sensitive)
3. Enter anything as you wish as your keyword to turn off your device. (case sensitive)
4. Send a sms starting with your keyword to your device from any number. (CASE SENSITIVE)
5. You will be asked to grant SuperUser access to the app. Give permanent superuser permissions (only for the first time)

Requirements:
A ROOTED device

NOTE:
Every keyword you type is case sensitive

NOTE-2:
I'm not a developer or a programmer. I'm few days old for the programming field.
I created this app for my personal use. Thought it would be nice if I share it with you. There maybe errors with the app as I'm a noob for this field (haven't found any errors yet)
I spent about 6 days to develop this app from v1.1 to v1.2. And I think it worths it.

Give me your comments and suggestions about this app.

SCREENSHOTS:
index.php
index.php

Flash it & enjoy!!!

If you like my work, hit the THANKS button!!! :)

Donate me if you think I deserve it

Attachments

• remote_power_off_v1.2.zip
    335.6 KB · Views: 311,034
Last edited:

praveenpgeb

Aug 24, 2012
Bangalore
Re: [APP] Remote Turn Off (Remotely Turn Off Your Device by SMS)

It is not asked root permission
How to activate???

Sent from my MT11i using xda premium

abbykhan

Nov 10, 2012
Peshawar
Re: [APP] Remote Turn Off (Remotely Turn Off Your Device by SMS)

Will the incoming message "power#off" be hidden or it will be there in inbox?

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using xda premium

Doozeman

Nov 10, 2010
Trying on Samsung Galaxy S 3 and no dice.. I am stuck on where i shoud give it root permission. I never get the option. I tried texting myself and that didn't work. I then text off another phone and that still showed the text message with 'power#off' and nothing. Will this only work with the default messaging app installed? I have GOSMS installed too..

RavinduSha

Trying on Samsung Galaxy S 3 and no dice.. I am stuck on where i shoud give it root permission. I never get the option. I tried texting myself and that didn't work. I then text off another phone and that still showed the text message with 'power#off' and nothing. Will this only work with the default messaging app installed? I have GOSMS installed too..

sometimes GOsms may block other apps receiving text messages. not sure

i'll update the app soon. it may(or may not) fix the issue.

Last edited:

mertemur

Nov 29, 2011
its works on Galaxy Note 2

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

How can you modify this app for Android tablet?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    REMOTE TURN OFF v1.2
    Turn off your device remotely via a SMS

Introduction:
    This app will read receiving sms and executes power off command if any of the messages starts with previously set keyword received.

Usage:
    1. Open the app (Remote Power Off)
    2. Enter "null" as the current code. (case sensitive)
    3. Enter anything as you wish as your keyword to turn off your device. (case sensitive)
    4. Send a sms starting with your keyword to your device from any number. (CASE SENSITIVE)
    5. You will be asked to grant SuperUser access to the app. Give permanent superuser permissions (only for the first time)

Requirements:
    A ROOTED device

NOTE:
    Every keyword you type is case sensitive

NOTE-2:
    I'm not a developer or a programmer. I'm few days old for the programming field.
    I created this app for my personal use. Thought it would be nice if I share it with you. There maybe errors with the app as I'm a noob for this field (haven't found any errors yet)
    I spent about 6 days to develop this app from v1.1 to v1.2. And I think it worths it.

Give me your comments and suggestions about this app.

SCREENSHOTS:
    index.php
    index.php

Flash it & enjoy!!!

If you like my work, hit the THANKS button!!! :)

Donate me if you think I deserve it
    developing is in progress with more features :)
    UPDATE

New app update will be released within next 24 hours with an option to change the keyword to anything you wish (as requested by many people)
    How to uninstall this after flashing?

delete RemotePowerOff.apk from system/app folder
    i installed this apps to my friend's handphone without his knowledge
    den whenever im free, i send the secret code to him (lol) (i hided the icon from his launcher)
    great job :)