[Q] Mac ADB Solution?

Search This thread

rwcasto

Aug 21, 2010
New River, AZ
SOLVED- SEE POST #6

Please forgive me if this has been answered- but I have searched through all the posts here on the LG G3 and ADB and can not find a solution.

I have got this far following the guide on ADB Mac- but as you can see from the pic is says that my phone is offline. Changed the MTP to Ethernet to modem- and nada. Is this a facepalm and I am missing something here? :p many thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Chilidog

Oct 6, 2013
Please forgive me if this has been answered- but I have searched through all the posts here on the LG G3 and ADB and can not find a solution.

I have got this far following the guide on ADB Mac- but as you can see from the pic is says that my phone is offline. Changed the MTP to Ethernet to modem- and nada. Is this a facepalm and I am missing something here? :p many thanks in advance.

If you look closely, you can tell that the problem is that your not using a pc.

tech_head

If you look closely, you can tell that the problem is that your not using a pc.

Not even close.
Using ADB on my Mac, is a non issue.

OP make sure you are running the latest version of ADB.
A security feature was added to Android and it will ask you if you want to have that computer authenticated or some such.
If your phone didn't ask you probably have an old version of ADB.

Reactions: rwcasto

rwcasto

Aug 21, 2010
New River, AZ
Not even close.
Using ADB on my Mac, is a non issue.

OP make sure you are running the latest version of ADB.
A security feature was added to Android and it will ask you if you want to have that computer authenticated or some such.
If your phone didn't ask you probably have an old version of ADB.

Right on! Thanks man! updating right now!

JeffDC

Oct 21, 2009
Roseburg
Glad you got it working.
If I helped don't forget the thanks button.

Humm. Using a Mac with 10.10 Yosemite, I have a D850 on LP 5.01 and have followed the lead in the link given above, and used the dab and fast boot file in the zip just above. My Oneplus's in the house (3), work great. My G3, with new drivers, seen but "offline". It does have USB debugging selected. I have tried toggling that, using the MTP or PTP choices, and both get the same result. I have installed the newest android SDK as well.

frustrating. Any thought would be appreciated.

Solved the issue by uploading another newest ADB file set. G3 is not ween, however, when I run the command "su
restorecon -FR /data/media/0/", adb tells me "command not found"

I do have the newest Android SDK 23.02 tools installed.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts